No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• edited March 2019 Posts: 1,395
    eclipse, hmm not sure on this title. It's a bit Twilight, no?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Just another generic title, like Skyfall, that doesn't resemble any Bondian energy. But it's not bad (if true).
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 2019 Posts: 5,869
    jake24 wrote: »
    Just another generic title, like Skyfall, that doesn't resemble any Bondian energy. But it's not bad (if true).
    Yeah I'm not too big of a fan, but could be worse...

I'm looking at you Shatterhand.
    Re: Boyle. I'm very glad he's out. And again, I will say this: Good riddance, sir.
    Same here @ClarkDevlin :)
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    jake24 wrote: »
    Agreed. The title may not be inspiring, but it sounds very sinister.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    edited March 2019 Posts: 1,165
    Daniel Craig as Ian Fleming's James Bond in Breaking Eclipse New Twilight Journal of the Whills, Part I
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited March 2019 Posts: 10,588
    All mention of the possible title should be in spoiler tags from here on out. Thanks.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Everytime a title is announced, it's always hated or seen as underwhelming. The title mentioned sounds good to me as
    A one word title. Reminds me a bit of Mosaic.

I remember when we were first hearing about Skyfall, and a lot of people thought it was a joke.
    About this title rumour:
    I refuse to believe this is the real title. It's way too bland. There are dozens of titles in the Bond 25 title thread that are MILES above this.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 2019 Posts: 5,869
    About this title rumour:
    I refuse to believe this is the real title. It's way too bland. There are dozens of titles in the Bond 25 title thread that are MILES above this.
    As long as that doesn't include the ones about Brexit, then you're right haha :D
    Station_Z wrote: »
    Well, guys, I think I should share this with you. I write the newsletters for the Swiss James Bond Club. Most of the time it’s enough to keep up with this thread to get my content. Of course I also have to focus on specially Swiss incidents and I search for more substantial tidbits. Sometimes I find something small, like another photo of an already known occasion. Sometimes someone is just faster with sharing what I discovered. This time though I might have hit something. Something everyone is eager to know. I won’t share the exact way how I learned this, as it might bring trouble to the person responsible for it and … seriously, I know EON might read this and I don’t want to lose this opportunity of getting to know things. ;)
    However, what I saw might be a little bit disappointing and I wish it turns out to be false. Although the way I discovered it and the fact it got deleted immediately after I contacted the person in charge of the content might bring some value to it. Because what I saw was the title of a movie by a company named B25 Productions. And I think it’s just fair to share with you what it said, after all the years I just got the benefit from you sharing news. As I was able to state in my newsletter yesterday, there’s quite a chance the title for Bond 25 will be this:
    ECLIPSE!

And now I’m really looking forward to the press conference to find out whether my detective skills are any good. :)

I just got this news 5 minutes before I saw you wrote it... sadly or happily it looks that way

Cons: its a one word title and its kind of bland
    Pro's I am sure Fleming wrote that word down in one of his books so I am saying this is a fleming title
    It's as bland as a title could be. A book by that name would sit on the New York Times best seller list, ready to be adapted as a tv feature film on Foxlife. If that really is the title, It'll be the very first time I truly hate a Bond film title.
    Do people really not like Skyfall? Doesn't it seem like a classic Bond title, now?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I just re-watched Beasts of No Nation, and it has got me even more excited to see what Cary Fukunaga is going to deliver with this film.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    Do people really not like Skyfall? Doesn't it seem like a classic Bond title, now?

At the time, people were pretty iffy about it.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 820

Seeing as James Bond Eclipse was the title of what appears to be an IMDB-listed (?) 007 fan film from 5 years ago, I'd say it's doubtful.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3395300/

At the very least, if it were Eclipse, I have to assume someone at EON would have checked this listing and demanded it be (quietly) taken down already.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I just re-watched Beasts of No Nation, and it has got me even more excited to see what Cary Fukunaga is going to deliver with this film.

He is, so far, the only really good thing about this film. But, to be fair, we don't know much more.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    I quite like the title Eclipse. Gives me Skyfall vibes.

Thanks for sharing @Station_Z
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    Just toying a little...
    T0WNy3J.png
    Just toying a little...
    T0WNy3J.png
    Love it!
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    AgentM72 wrote: »

Seeing as James Bond Eclipse was the title of what appears to be an IMDB-listed (?) 007 fan film from 5 years ago, I'd say it's doubtful.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3395300/

At the very least, if it were Eclipse, I have to assume someone at EON would have checked this listing and demanded it be (quietly) taken down already.

You make a good point.
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    Just toying a little...
    T0WNy3J.png
    Love it!

LALD kind of inspired me ;)
    Just toying a little...
    T0WNy3J.png
    Love it!
    LALD kind of inspired me ;)
    Certainly looks classier. :D
    not only is it the title but here is the theme

early April fools ;)
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    That's amazing @NS_writings
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 6,677
    220px-Eclipse_Theatrical_One-Sheet.jpgFulleclipse.jpg61270864.cms?width=219&height=317&imgsize=407906fid15524.jpg

Ok, to be fair, the Michelangelo Antonioni one is a very good film, as all of his films are/were.
    I do hope that is NOT the title.
    Univex wrote: »
    220px-Eclipse_Theatrical_One-Sheet.jpg

Oh, right. That's a thing. Yeah it's not the Bond title, then. lol

ALBERT R. BROCCOLI'S EON PRODUCTIONS presents
    DANIEL CRAIG as IAN FLEMING'S JAMES BOND 007
    in...
    HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Um...
    Eclipse is a Twilight title. I seriously doubt they'd use it.
    Eclipse_Theatrical_One-Sheet.jpg
    Just toying a little...
    T0WNy3J.png
    Despite my firm belief it's not the title -- I'll probably end up wrong, who knows -- I love what you did with the 'C' there. Nice!
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Univex wrote: »
    220px-Eclipse_Theatrical_One-Sheet.jpgFulleclipse.jpg61270864.cms?width=219&height=317&imgsize=407906fid15524.jpg

Ok, to be fair, the Michelangelo Antonioni one is a very good film, as all of his films are/were.

LOL...you beat me to it, @Univex