It Seems There Are More QoS Appreciators Than Thought Before

Comments

• JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Last weekend
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Years ago.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Watching it in full - maybe a couple of years ago. Although I often watch bits and pieces of the films.
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    A few days ;-)
  • A few months ago, watched CR and Quantum on a weekend. Best viewing of both films I've had since theaters. QOS really compliments CR so well.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It's been a couple of months now, I rewatched it during the 10th Anniversary (crazy that it's been a decade already). What a film it is.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »
    It's been a couple of months now, I rewatched it during the 10th Anniversary (crazy that it's been a decade already). What a film it is.

QoS doesn't emphasize or have many gadgets but it holds up well with its "post-modern look at modernism" in such a way that it looks and feels fresh even though it's been a decade since its release.

I can't watch movies like GE anymore because they are so dated. Same with GF for various reasons I won't go into detail about.
    That's a shame, I'd effectively die not being able to ever watch GE again.
    "It's what keeps me alive."
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    GE is dated for me as well I fear - personally like to watch TWINE more (when talking about the Brosnan era). But GF (like any of the first 4 Connery films) will never be dated or boring to me - I still enjoy them as if I watch them for the first time. Same with CR and QoS.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited March 2019 Posts: 2,541
    GE never dated for me still enjoying it more than QOS.
  • For the GF fans, at least QoS paid tribute to GF with Strawberry Fields.

In any case, GE and GF have certain timeless aspects to them as well, in addition to some of their dated features like dubbed-voices in the former and techno music in the latter. But at the same time, scenes like "It's what keeps me alive" during the nice sunset with the violin music (which was a good piece in addition to The Experience of Love by Eric Serra) were awesome.

QoS, just all around had very direct involvement from its director in almost every aspect of the film such as the music and the writing with Daniel Craig. Their circumstances given by the writer's strike brought them closer together. Plus, Marc Forster is reported to have been Craig's favorite director prior to recommending him.

A post-modern look at modernism....that's how Forster described the visual settings of his film along with the nice touch of Dennis Gassner's work, which actually paid tribute to GF and the earlier Connery era films as well if you look at the hotel and also Yusef's apartment.

Does anybody notice how the surroundings reflect the main characters' internal feelings?

A couple of weeks ago.
  • A week ago.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 1,280
    They interviewed Vesper for the new Dumbo movie coming out. Here's what Eva Green had to say

"Even though you haven’t appeared in person, Vesper’s presence is felt throughout the remaining films. Has a cameo or flashback ever come close to fruition?"

Vesper/Green: "I heard rumors and stuff like that, but it’s such a hard one when you bring back a character in a flashback. It can look a bit cheesy. Of course, Bond cannot turn into a horror movie where I come back from the dead. (Laughs.) Although, that could be interesting. When there’s a love story as strong as it was, I think it’s better to leave it as a beautiful through-line."

Didn't Eva Green return for QoS for a photo shoot with Yusef in real life or was that photo-shopped?

By the way...

Without using photos from QoS, can anyone post pictures of what resembles the QoS director's vision for the set designs of the movie?

He described it as a "post-modern look at modernism".....to this day it makes you think.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    When was the last time everyone here watched QoS?

Summer 2017, when I had a Craig's Bondathon.
  • Last night. Saw it and could hear Corrine say "Thank you" on her way our and see Bond take a deep breath as he found solace in preventing another Yusef honey-trap.
    Three weeks ago.
    Not since Christmas. Though have dipped into it when on TV a few times since that.
  • The DVD menu for QoS is very interesting.

It's sophisticated!

If it's the same as the blu-ray menu, it's my favorite of all the blu-rays. I hope they keep it for the inevitable 4K releases and don't take some cheap, consistent avenue for all of the films.
  • RC7RC7
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    If it's the same as the blu-ray menu, it's my favorite of all the blu-rays. I hope they keep it for the inevitable 4K releases and don't take some cheap, consistent avenue for all of the films.

It’s stylish. As are a lot of things about QoS. My issue is that it all outweighs the substance. I wish it didn’t.
  • I can't see why David Arnold wouldn't be asked to come back again, when he is waiting for the phone call (as he'd said in interviews) and made a great score for his last film as his supporting reason.
  • The menu looks very futuristic without being so damn DAD about it.

It feels like QoS was ahead of its time, it feels so new and fresh to this day, no nostalgia necessary. It feels like Litecoin was being used by Quantum as a way of reducing traces of its fundings.....perhaps Spectre or Quantum can use Litecoin in its next film....sorry to mention Litecoin but the logo of the coin looks futuristic too, it feels very Quantum-y

The Tosca track playing on a loop makes it an even more pleasant main menu to experience, not something one finds himself saying quite often.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I can't see why David Arnold wouldn't be asked to come back again, when he is waiting for the phone call (as he'd said in interviews) and made a great score for his last film as his supporting reason.

YES! Another reason that QOS is better than SF or SP... Ooops, did I piss anyone off here?
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    chrisisall wrote: »
    I can't see why David Arnold wouldn't be asked to come back again, when he is waiting for the phone call (as he'd said in interviews) and made a great score for his last film as his supporting reason.

YES! Another reason that QOS is better than SF or SP... Ooops, did I piss anyone off here?

Probably not in this thread lol. I would assert that it is much better than skyfall and miles better than spectre
  • Hell yeah, QoS is way more interesting and original than SF. @chrisisall , you have an army of defenders here to stand up for you versus the bandwagoners who fell for the overmarketed, overrated, and regressive SF which only sought to bring One back to formulaic terms instead of continuing Craig's originality streak set up by his first two films.

• QoS deserves a good sequel. It's not like another George Lazenby issue has occurred again as in OHMSS-DAF-LALD being very unrelated films.
    You might get that if a certain recent Oscar winner turns out to be Yusef's brother.