"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

barryt007 wrote: »
    Go Millwall.....2-0 !!

EDIT : Bloody hell Millwall what have you done ?! 2-2 .last kick of the game literally and their goalkeeper cocks it up !!!

EDIT PART II :Come on Everton!!!!!

Everton just gave ManU and Arsenal (and Sp*rs) an advantage for top four!
    Get in! My boys are now 5 points clear of Leeds Utd in the Championship. A very hard fought win away at Rotherham today. Just hope the poxy International break does not bring any injuries. Well done lads, roll on the final run of 8 games. OTBC!!!!

Looking really good for promotion now!

I am remaining calm and focused my friend. 8 games to go, 24 points is way too many up for grabs to start celebrating yet. We are in a good place, but I always fear International breaks as could effect form, but more concerning is the risk of injuries to players.

Feel for the Millwall keeper. I am convinced that final kick was going wide?
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 17,241
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Get in! My boys are now 5 points clear of Leeds Utd in the Championship. A very hard fought win away at Rotherham today. Just hope the poxy International break does not bring any injuries. Well done lads, roll on the final run of 8 games. OTBC!!!!

I am remaining calm and focused my friend. 8 games to go, 24 points is way too many up for grabs to start celebrating yet. We are in a good place, but I always fear International breaks as could effect form, but more concerning is the risk of injuries to players.

Indeed there's a lot to play for yet, but there's some decent fixture left too?

Internationals always seem to come at a period of bad results or really good ones, don't they! One can only hope that players not on international duty will use the period to keep fitness sharp for the final games of the season, and that those who do have games to play, don't get injured.

Internationals always seem to come at a period of bad results or really good ones, don't they! One can only hope that players not on international duty will use the period to keep fitness sharp for the final games of the season, and that those who do have games to play, don't get injured.

Exactly, I know Farke does keep training going for the players not on international duty. All remaining fixtures are potential banana skins at this stage of the season.

Exactly, I know Farke does keep training going for the players not on international duty. All remaining fixtures are potential banana skins at this stage of the season.

That's the only way to do it, IMO – keep training well through the internationals. Arsenal have a friendly against Newcastle in the international break I believe. Could be a good way to do things, but I fear that they're running the risk of more injuries at a very crucial point of the season. As you write, all remaining fixtures are potential banana skins.

That's the only way to do it, IMO – keep training well through the internationals. Arsenal have a friendly against Newcastle in the international break I believe. Could be a good way to do things, but I fear that they're running the risk of more injuries at a very crucial point of the season. As you write, all remaining fixtures are potential banana skins.

That's why I am not celebrating yet! Lol!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    The Millwall game was very entertaining though what was that keeper thinking, blunder of the season candidate there.
    The Millwall game was very entertaining though what was that keeper thinking, blunder of the season candidate there.

I think Pickford in the last minute vs arch rivals Liverpool holds (or drops) this honour atm !
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

I think Pickford in the last minute vs arch rivals Liverpool holds (or drops) this honour atm !

True that was a howler

His poor liddle arms
    edited March 2019 Posts: 23,105

Messi's third goal Sublime!

I have seen home fans applaud players of opposing teams before. But I have never seen them chant his name and bow with the "I am not worthy sign" like Betis' supporters did to Messi after that goal. That was truly unique to witness.
    jobo wrote: »

I have seen home fans applaud players of opposing teams before. But I have never seen them chant his name and bow with the "I am not worthy sign" like Betis' supporters did to Messi after that goal. That was truly unique to witness.

The Betis reaction was incredible, when you see genius like that you can't help but applaud.
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11676599/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-appointed-manchester-united-permanent-manager

As a United fan I have mixed feelings when I heard the news, which surprised me I guess I am not totally convinced. One positive they can go for the players they need for next season sooner rather than later. Good Luck Ole
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11676599/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-appointed-manchester-united-permanent-manager

As a United fan I have mixed feelings when I heard the news, which surprised me I guess I am not totally convinced. One positive they can go for the players they need for next season sooner rather than later. Good Luck Ole

He's not that good a manager,tactics wise...3 year contract ? oops.

Do you think that having Ole will make getting transfers done any different than if you’d got Pochettino?

He's not that good a manager,tactics wise...3 year contract ? oops.

The tactics are one of my reasons for reservation, time will tell he has been doing a patch up job this season, next season will give us a clearer idea of what he can do.
    vzok wrote: »

Do you think that having Ole will make getting transfers done any different than if you’d got Pochettino?

Yes as Ole can now say who his targets are, Poch we would have to wait till summer hyperthetically speaking
    Wouldn't be overly excited about this if I was a United fan. It's just as important for them to land a contract for Mike Phelan, who's under contract as sporting director at Central Coast Mariners.
    Wouldn't be overly excited about this if I was a United fan. It's just as important for them to land a contract for Mike Phelan, who's under contract as sporting director at Central Coast Mariners.

I agree Phelan staying is vital
    Think United should have hired this guy instead.

This is a classic! :))

Think his techniques would have been difficult in use next season though, with the introduction of VAR.

Think his techniques would have been difficult in use next season though, with the introduction of VAR.

That is probably why he opted for a career as a blues singer instead ;)

That is probably why he opted for a career as a blues singer instead ;)

Haha, yes!
    Interesting video

Oh dear , I fear for Fulham .

Their crazy money spending before this season hasn't helped. Wolves and Cardiff play with a lot (or close to all) of the regulars that got them promoted in the first place.

Their crazy money spending before this season hasn't helped. Wolves and Cardiff play with a lot (or close to all) of the regulars that got them promoted in the first place.

Indeed.

And that’s why Wolves settled so well and are already an established PL side,and why Cardiff still can stay up .

Stability is the key in your first PL season.