No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Christ, why do journalists keep going on with these stupid questions? No one is championing Bond to be a female. It's just a meme, but they keep on asking this question over and over. Lowest hanging fruit possible.
    One of my teachers ranted to me when I told him I was a bond fan that bond need to become a woman. These people exist
    That's what lunatic asylums used to be for.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.

Christ, why do journalists keep going on with these stupid questions? No one is championing Bond to be a female. It's just a meme, but they keep on asking this question over and over. Lowest hanging fruit possible.
    One of my teachers ranted to me when I told him I was a bond fan that bond need to become a woman. These people exist

They just need a good history lesson taught from bond aficionados like us about Fleming and Bond
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns

They just need a good history lesson taught from bond aficionados like us about Fleming and Bond
    A lesson in how life works and the nature of the universe would do them good. ;)
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.

A lesson in how life works and the nature of the universe would do them good. ;)

Or just a good slap from Connery.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself

Only with an open hand
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    edited March 2019 Posts: 1,165

It’s clickbait bait.
    077 wrote: »
    So is it a coincidence that the cabin they're building
    looks like Mr. White's log cabin where he shot himself? Also, that same cabin had a lake in the front ... And in this Norwegian film location, there is supposed to be a lake scene with a little girl ? Hmmm..

No. They look nothing alike:
    u5MLaMe.jpg
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

Bond already turned into a woman...

• ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited March 2019 Posts: 2,541
    TripAces wrote: »

Ugh another feminism crap ..... Is this the reason why DC bond was slapped by a woman (Monica bellucci) to keep the tradition going but he himself never did the same like other bond's.No wonder feminism caught up with bond

Ugh another feminism crap ..... Is this the reason why DC bond was slapped by a woman (Monica bellucci) to keep the tradition going but he himself never did the same like other bond's.No wonder feminism caught up with bond

So I follow this forum since the days of CR's production. Usually I don't post here - but this crapshoot of a comment brought me back.

I don't give a f**k about weird, sometimes...overenthusiastic...fanboys like @PanchitoPistoles - without them, what would most members post about all day. But the member who posts something like that needs to be banned. Its 2019, ffs.
    xolani wrote: »

So I follow this forum since the days of CR's production. Usually I don't post here - but this crapshoot of a comment brought me back.

I don't give a f**k about weird, sometimes...overenthusiastic...fanboys like @PanchitoPistoles - without them, what would most members post about all day. But the member who posts something like that needs to be banned. Its 2019, ffs.

A member who demand other members to be banned just by getting triggered with posts they didn't like shows the level of integrity they have. If I don't like anybody's comment or post I ignore it, never gave a f**k about these kind of baseless comments.
    It seems there are two potentially big issues everyone is ignoring: 1. The snow & ice melting in Nittedal. 2. A potential hard Brexit negatively affecting the production. Can someone please reassure me that EON has plans for dealing with both of these issues?
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.

8a49376431a683db3013208762f51b54.jpg
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited March 2019 Posts: 23,527
    Folks, can we please not mess things up again?

1) The "***" trick doesn't sit too well with us. You may bypass any auto-remover of offensive words, but we read with the help of our own cerebral faculties and we understand what is written there. Either pull the old comic book trick of the completely nonsensical "%$£!#!!", or avoid the use of swear words in its entirety.

2) We don't just ban people for their opinions, nor for commenting on today's 'hot' topics like feminism, #MeToo, ... One may disagree with another person's opinion, but as long as that opinion isn't ridiculously offensive or brutally dangerous, the other person will not be banned for it.

@Resurrection has voiced a strong but by no means offensive or "illegal" opinion, and he has not done so in any particularly offensive way either. @xolani, please feel free to discuss or debate @Resurrection's statements with to-the-point arguments; you are always welcome to do so. But you cannot simply demand or even suggest that Resurrection should be banned just because of what he wrote there. People are still allowed a different point of view on topics like feminism and how certain trends in movies either defy or support them. It's still a free world, my friend, and while our hosts have laid out rules of conduct -- which Resurrection hasn't broken -- they pose few restrictions, if any at all, on how people can feel about all things directly or indirectly related to Bond.

Thank you for having taken the time to read this.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 3,126

Only with an open hand

=))
    DarthDimi wrote: »

2) We don't just ban people for their opinions, nor for commenting on today's 'hot' topics like feminism, #MeToo, ... One may disagree with another person's opinion, but as long as that opinion isn't ridiculously offensive or brutally dangerous, the other person will not be banned for it.
    @Resurrection presented an "opinion", that seems in line with reactionary, chauvinist/sexist "reasoning" of the anti-PC-police. Calling feminism "crap" is just a step too far, IMO. Mentioning a ban was not wise - but I stand by my opinion that there should not be space for rhetoric like that here.

Anyway, sorry for the off-topic discussion. Will continue to observe this thread and looking forward to the press conference, whenever it will happen.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    I apologise as this is slighty off topic.

Things the video addresses:
    - Men more likely to get paid more.
    - Woman more likely to fall prey to sexual assault.
    - 30,000 women lose their jobs every year due to pregnancy.
    - 70 million girls worldwide are deprived of basic education.
    - 60 million girls are sexual assaulted on their way to school.
    - Other basic concerns.
    - 1/4 of women are victims of domestic violence.

I think the message of the video is great, and is further enhanced by having Craig in it. Only the guys who feel as if this ad is targeting them would get mad at it, or just pull the old whataboutism about some other issue.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Interesting, the overly zealous PC vector has made forum dynamic borderline impossible. That talks volumes about the nihilistic view on the circular nature of liberalism and conservatism, and their twin enforcers, PC and censorship.
    So, for this forum, calling into question the concept of feminism is considered an "opinion"? And calling out such statements is PC? Wow.
    So, for this forum, calling into question the concept of feminism is considered an "opinion"? And calling out such statements is PC? Wow.

Forums nowadays and in general, dear chap ;) Signs of decadent times.

Lets all move on, shall we?
    We really need some solid news soon!
    This thread is becoming unbearable to come into!
  • RC7RC7

How do you feel about ‘toxic masculinity’?
    How do we feel about Risico as the title
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 17,272
    A local news article from March 14th. Not much to mention really – just some locals finding it "almost entirely positive" that B25 might be shooting in the area. Some images are included in the article:
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires

Dr-No-209.jpg
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Well this page took a pointless turn.

And @PanchitoPistoles, if the ice is melting, they can find ways to sort it. Set decorators are very talented people. Fake it till you make it, and as for Brexit, I very much doubt it'll effect when big budget films decide to shoot on location in other countries. Nothing to worry about.

8a49376431a683db3013208762f51b54.jpg

- Other basic concerns.

I think the message of the video is great, and is further enhanced by having Craig in it. Only the guys who feel as if this ad is targeting them would get mad at it, or just pull the old whataboutism about some other issue.

No to get off topic but let's see

The vast majority of women I encountered with identity themselves as feminist are anti male and would happily engaged in gender discrimination as long as it favored them.

51% of population doing 66% of the work without justifying anything in the video just to sell feminism.

"Women have it bad" "women have it bad" most women don't have full time jobs because they're parents and yet they somehow do 2/3 of the work in the world.. jeez

No one's denying these things but the constant attention about the whole victim mentality and hatred against men.God

Men too get victimize but you won't see them crying about it .

In so many years of my work I have never seen any woman paid any less than me For doing the same job.

We aren't equal we are not meant to be equal, there's nothing wrong in it. We are meant to be different.

Sorry but I still find these stats wrong on so many levels... I still stand by my opinions "crap" even after @xolani call it sexist and wanted me banned from forum shows it why I was right in the first place...

God it was long post looking forward to new rumours about production.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Is there a reason this discussion can't be had over on the James Bond casting page? I really can't be bothered to see people have this debate, especially when it's got nothing to do with Bond 25.

- Other basic concerns.

No to get off topic but let's see

The vast majority of women I encountered with identity themselves as feminist are anti male and would happily engaged in gender discrimination as long as it favored them.

51% of population doing 66% of the work without justifying anything in the video just to sell feminism.

"Women have it bad" "women have it bad" most women don't have full time jobs because they're parents and yet they somehow do 2/3 of the work in the world.. jeez

No one's denying these things but the constant attention about the whole victim mentality and hatred against men.God

Men too get victimize but you won't see them crying about it .

In so many years of my work I have never seen any woman paid any less than me For doing the same job.

We aren't equal we are not meant to be equal, there's nothing wrong in it. We are meant to be different.

Sorry but I still find these stats wrong on so many levels... I still stand by my opinions "crap" even after @xolani call it sexist and wanted me banned from forum shows it why I was right in the first place...

God it was long post looking forward to new rumours about production.

+1