I've never noticed that before...

Comments

• It’s the same fly who made a famous appearance in Raiders of the Lost Ark. He’s quite the movie star.
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I noticed it when I did the Animals of Bond stats.

Tought I was the first one. :O
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Bump the animal thread too. There's a lot more to add there.

https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/6402/bond-movies-love-their-animals-2nd-edit/p1
    Well I had never seen that before...a fly has its 15 mins of fame.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited March 2019 Posts: 40,449
    It's probably a whole lot of nothing, but I admired the duality of it: Plenty O'Toole is "killed" by being thrown out a window, only to survive by landing in a pool they were unaware of, just for her to be later drowned in a pool.

Also, as an aside, I remember the first few times I saw DAF as a kid, thinking Bond was unflinchingly tough in the scene where he and Tiffany are in bed, her smoking, because I never noticed the ash tray and thought she was putting the cigarette out on his chest.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    It's probably a whole lot of nothing, but I admired the duality of it: Plenty O'Toole is "killed" by being thrown out a window, only to survive by landing in a pool they were unaware of, just for her to be later drowned in a pool.
    Yes, her original character name was Plenty O'Pool, but they decided to change it for that pun about her father. (SCNR)

j_w_pepper wrote: »
    Yes, her original character name was Plenty O'Pool, but they decided to change it for that pun about her father. (SCNR)

:))

Also, as an aside, I remember the first few times I saw DAF as a kid, thinking Bond was unflinchingly tough in the scene where he and Tiffany are in bed, her smoking, because I never noticed the ash tray and thought she was putting the cigarette out on his chest.

Took me many viewings to realise that as well.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Moore is usually sucking his cheeks in and pointing his lips when kissing a lady, so obviously just pretending, but not with Kristina Wayborn. He is really digging into her. Who can blame him?
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    They seem to enjoy eachother's company
    magda7.jpg?fit=400%2C600
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 19,339
    Moore is usually sucking his cheeks in and pointing his lips when kissing a lady, so obviously just pretending, but not with Kristina Wayborn. He is really digging into her. Who can blame him?

I think that was the other way round...if you watch one of the OP trailers you will see a cut shot where she pulls away after that kiss and Sir Rog is in shock and laughing and Kristina has a mischievious smirk on her face as she turns towards the camera.
    They seem to enjoy eachother's company
    magda7.jpg?fit=400%2C600

Who wouldn't enjoy Sir Rog's company ? ;)
    My cheeks are imploding just thinking about it.
    QBranch wrote: »
    My cheeks are imploding just thinking about it.

On your face I hope !
    barryt007 wrote: »
    On your face I hope !
    thats-what-she-said.jpg?quality=90&w=650
    giphy.gif
    The opening credits say Martin Beswick in error & the end credits say Martine Beswick ,in FRWL.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 13,892
    Good catch. Just noticed Monte Norman in the end credits.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    Bond wears a white suit black tie, as per Scaramangas description as given by Anders, when meeting Hai Fat
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld

Actually all the kissing in OP is rather passionate. When Roger forces himself on Octopussy she resists and the sounds they make when kissing show real passion. Course in this day and age you wouldn't get away with this type of scene. Though the staging is awkward. Adams goes through the doors, closes them and then walks into the middle of the room and just stands there. LOL! Then Roger comes in and spins her around and then the forced kiss and a lie into bed.
    thedove wrote: »

Actually all the kissing in OP is rather passionate. When Roger forces himself on Octopussy she resists and the sounds they make when kissing show real passion. Course in this day and age you wouldn't get away with this type of scene. Though the staging is awkward. Adams goes through the doors, closes them and then walks into the middle of the room and just stands there. LOL! Then Roger comes in and spins her around and then the forced kiss and a lie into bed.

That’s Sir Roger !
    Was just commenting on the 'Quote Conversation' thread, and wondered if one of Blofeld's lines in SP may have been an intentional nod to DAF:

"That's brothers for you. They always know which buttons to press."

"You press L, Mr Bond. The word "lobby" begins with L."

:-?
    Was just commenting on the 'Quote Conversation' thread, and wondered if one of Blofeld's lines in SP may have been an intentional nod to DAF:

You need to get out more Q.
    barryt007 wrote: »

You need to get out more Q.
    I know a great restaurant in Karachi. :)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    A thought occurred to me when I saw AVTAK recently. We don t know if Zorin survived the fall from the Golden Gate or not. They could have brought him back during the end scene, Hamilton-style.

Bond and Stacy are enjoying a shower, and suddenly Max shows up with a knife (cue Psycho shower theme). Snooper kills him with a laser beam, and as a reward he is invited into the shower with them. Q cannot believe his luck, as the camera is still activated.
    Snooper doesn't usually stick his neck out for anyone, but this would be an exception.
    Plus, he is waterproof, of course.
    A thought occurred to me when I saw AVTAK recently. We don t know if Zorin survived the fall from the Golden Gate or not. They could have brought him back during the end scene, Hamilton-style.

Bond and Stacy are enjoying a shower, and suddenly Max shows up with a knife (cue Psycho shower theme). Snooper kills him with a laser beam, and as a reward he is invited into the shower with them. Q cannot believe his luck, as the camera is still activated.

AVTAK the X-rated version? :))
  • ProfJoeButcherProfJoeButcher Bless your heart
    This may be the worst contribution ever, but watching TLD for the millionth time last night, I finally noticed how super awkward the stenographer is at the safe house.

I'll have to go back to not noticing that guy.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I forget about it here and there until I see the respective films, but it's always funny how both TSWLM and FYEO use the exact same shot of nighttime Moscow to unveil General Gogol.

A moorenetic field prevented her from walking any further. It's powerful enough to even deflect the path of a Bond girl at long range, or so @QBranch claims...
    I forget about it here and there until I see the respective films, but it's always funny how both TSWLM and FYEO use the exact same shot of nighttime Moscow to unveil General Gogol.
    I didn't know that! Pretty cheeky of them. Same thing happened with TND/DAD, firing the missile from the destroyer - except the missiles alone look different.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    A moorenetic field prevented her from walking any further. It's powerful enough to even deflect the path of a Bond girl at long range, or so @QBranch claims...
    Works without a hitch! Well, at least when Roger uses it. :(