"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

Hoping for another Norwich win?!!! So far so good! Keep it up boys!!!! OTBC!!!
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 7,653
    So far Bayern vs liverpool is quite a boring match.

Barcelona is taking care of business as usual.
    One of the best halfs I have seen from Barca in a long time. Suarez looks like a world class player again! About bloody time!
    jobo wrote: »
    One of the best halfs I have seen from Barca in a long time. Suarez looks like a world class player again! About bloody time!

It seems like their qualification for the next round will be a matter of routine, they can defend the Spanish honor.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 17,272
    Just tuned in to hear Carra as co-commentator for Viasat and the Bayern-Liverpool match. Wonder how the Norwegian/Scouse accent combo thing is going to work :))

_________
    Wow!
    It seems that Bayern are going out and that while the Uk wants a Brexit the English football clubs do not want to leave Europe.
    That is Liverpool through and Barcelona, the last one should not be a big surprise. Messi was sure to score especially after Ronaldo's work last night.
    You cannot give Messi space to counter attack. He will punish you.
    I guess Messi & Ronaldo once again delivered on the big stage.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 7,500
    In other news Liverpool were actually quite significantly better than Bayern, and made it look almost comfortable in the second half. It is of great credit to Liverpool of course, but also a sign that Bayern is another side badly in need of rebuild. Stars of the previous generation like Ribery, Hummels, Neuer and James look past it. Even Alaba is not the player he used to be.
    Well pleased my boys remain top of the Championship after our win against Hull last night.

What on earth was that Swansea penalty all about? Lol! Sorry largo if you are still out there?!!!
    Phew! Had a bad feeling before the game, but Arsenal managed to get through tonight.
    It seems the British clubs want to remain in Europe, go figure.
    Come on the Norwich boys for tomorrow. Just one more win before another pointless international break.

Leeds Utd v Sheffield Utd tomorrow lunchtime. Draw would be ideal, however if pushed for a side to win? Would opt for Sheffield Utd just so I could wind up one of the lads at work. Lol!

:))

…and happy birthday to Theo Walcott!
    Go Swansea !!!! ...1-0 vs Man City .
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Go Swansea !!!! ...1-0 vs Man City .

How about that!

Edit: 2-0, Celina! And to think he could've played for the Norwegian national side…

Edit: 2-1. All City now…
    City penalty. Sterling dives (again), and Agüero scores.

…and Agüero scores another. And that was offside! Not given of course.
    Luckily I’m not watching this shit.
    Luckily I’m not watching this shit.

Swansea were robbed. A horrible game by the refs. With VAR in this one, City would have been out.
    Easy draw just not enough for them.
    Get in! My boys are now 5 points clear of Leeds Utd in the Championship. A very hard fought win away at Rotherham today. Just hope the poxy International break does not bring any injuries. Well done lads, roll on the final run of 8 games. OTBC!!!!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Get in! My boys are now 5 points clear of Leeds Utd in the Championship. A very hard fought win away at Rotherham today. Just hope the poxy International break does not bring any injuries. Well done lads, roll on the final run of 8 games. OTBC!!!!

Looking really good for promotion now!
    Watford and Wolves in the semis !!

Keep them apart until the final and my local boyhood team Watford to win !!!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Congratulations to Wolves they were by far the better team, glad its the international break United looked very poor.
  • RC7RC7

If Watford do City I’ll buy a season ticket.
    RC7 wrote: »

Bloody hell I will join you !
    They could easily bully City to get a win !

But do they have the cojones to beat them? :-D
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 19,339
    He

But do they have the cojones to beat them? :-D

Yes .......haha
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 19,339
    Go Millwall.....2-0 !!

EDIT : Bloody hell Millwall what have you done ?! 2-2 .last kick of the game literally and their goalkeeper cocks it up !!!

EDIT PART II :Come on Everton!!!!!