No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    bondsum wrote: »
    Is it conceivable that Bond 25 won’t have a press conference?
    Nooooooo! It is not! Not after all this wait and uncertainty. Fans deserve a press conference. I'll say this: I am a patient man, but if they won't hold a press conference a week after filming starts the latest, I will hire a professional mystic to put a hex on Barbara Broccoli and BOND 25.
    Certainly threats of witchcraft constitute a ban on this forum?

• edited March 2019 Posts: 17,272
    peter wrote: »
    ggl007 wrote: »
    https://www.nrk.no/kultur/bond-kommer-til-norge-i-mars-1.14474456?fbclid=IwAR0-fV2xfmSqFssYC7zyaXk7MzzwVHN37N-aFVM7gXcyijoqo-QDc__8Kg0

25th of March again and they talk about helicopters. Probably to film
    the chase...
    or something more?

By the way, if there is no press conference before, what title will they put on the Norway clapperboards? ;)

I've been consistently led to believe that filming will start some time in March-- whether this is second unit or first, I have no idea.

Re: the press conference: if filming of some kind does, indeed, start filming inside of this month pre-press conference, as Q branch stated, the Clap Board will simply say Bond 25.

Re: protesters: if this is all true about a small group, it won't effect filming. There will be enough security on site to push these people well away from the location (protesters and film shoots are nothing new, lol).

There has been no reports on protesters in the Norwegian media. Just criticism directed towards the building of the cabin in an area with firm building restrictions.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Is the Rapide-E definitely confirmed? I thought t was just speculative.

Just speculative.
    Geez folks, lay off of @PanchitoPistoles. Clearly his latest comment is an attempt at humor. All I feel I read in these forums is people's overreactions to PP's posts, particularly those posting not to posts reactionary comments to PP's posts. Good gravy, let's all keep calm and carry on.
    bondsum wrote: »
    Is it conceivable that Bond 25 won’t have a press conference? I know it creates a few column inches in the dailies or click bait stories across various media platforms, but the release date is so far away it doesn’t have much bearing on the B.O. if any at all. Certainly nothing that a few articles or trailers will have further down the road. Everything could be covered simply by a press release, such as the title and cast member names. There’s really no need for the awkward press conference until they unveil the new Bond actor.

Whens filming starting?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Whens filming starting?
    Bits and pieces have likely already been filmed, a sequence in Norway will be shot from March 25th, and the official kick-off is likely in early April.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 17,272
    I am wondering, would a hard Brexit in just 13 days have a negative impact on the production of Bond 25 in any way?
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia

Ralph Fiennes is on 'The Jonathan Ross Show' tonight at 9:30PM on ITV.
    Red_Snow wrote: »

Rachel Riley should be a Bond girl!
  • weboffearweboffear Scotland
    the Aston Martin V8 Vantage is being reviewed on Top Gear tomorrow
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Haven't seen that exact pic before, but I can imagine someone riding up those stairs just to smash through the big window on the other side.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    It's all sounding very Skyfall...
    A house in a scarce location with a helicopter, an action sequence and a character falling into an icy lake. Although still trying to get my head around the relevance of this child.
    QBranch wrote: »
    Haven't seen that exact pic before, but I can imagine someone riding up those stairs just to smash through the big window on the other side.

Wouldn't be surprised if that happens! Could also…
    be a way to escape, running down the stairs.

Denbigh wrote: »
    A house in a scarce location with a helicopter, an action sequence and a character falling into an icy lake. Although still trying to get my head around the relevance of this child.

It kinda does, doesn't it.
    Do we think it'll be a night sequence?
    jake24 wrote: »

That wouldn't be a bad thing. Could imagine some great cinematography filming a cold winter night, with a clear moonlit sky.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    As long as it doesn't look as bland as the Austrian sequences in Spectre. Hoyte van Hoytema is a great cinematographer but he uses the same style he used in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and it didn't fit with the scope that Spectre had.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.

That wouldn't be a bad thing. Could imagine some great cinematography filming a cold winter night, with a clear moonlit sky.
    That would look amazing, with a bright full moon against the lake and forest. All rather magical, to someone like myself who has never seen snow in person!
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Indeed, but I also thought of The Living Daylights for some reason.

That would look amazing, with a bright full moon against the lake and forest. All rather magical, to someone like myself who has never seen snow in person!

As someone who's used to snow; you're not missing out. I hate cold weather and shovelling snow at winter.

Just checked; it looks like the next full moon will be March 21st.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    I'm hoping the film's climax is in daytime. I'm fed up with nighttime climaxes.

Rachel Riley should be a Bond girl!

Yep.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

As someone who's used to snow; you're not missing out..

Don t listen to him. You are.
  • RC7RC7
    I am a patient man

one-flew-over-the-cuckoos-nest-1975-002-jack-nicholson-portrait.jpg
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    RC7 wrote: »
    I am a patient man

one-flew-over-the-cuckoos-nest-1975-002-jack-nicholson-portrait.jpg

I'm getting not so patient. We're almost one year from release.

Just seen this, will tune in and see what is said? Ross being a Bond fan, their is no way he will not mention Bond 25?!!!
  • I am thinking that we won't get a press conference until sometime into filming maybe a few months from now. Maybe at this point a short teaser will be revealed just prior to the press conference revealing the films title with footage they have shot during the first few months of production.
    I am thinking that we won't get a press conference until sometime into filming maybe a few months from now. Maybe at this point a short teaser will be revealed just prior to the press conference revealing the films title with footage they have shot during the first few months of production.

It would certainly make the press conference an even more interesting watch!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 2019 Posts: 5,869
    I am thinking that we won't get a press conference until sometime into filming maybe a few months from now. Maybe at this point a short teaser will be revealed just prior to the press conference revealing the films title with footage they have shot during the first few months of production.
    It would certainly make the press conference an even more interesting watch!
    They would never show footage at a press conference, plus if they have shot anything it won't have been anything substantial. I still think we'll get a press conference like we usually do, there's nothing stopping them.