The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Pungeon is going to give me one point, he is on the pitch...

giphy.gif
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited March 2019 Posts: 23,102
    Well today is going to be abysmal for me as was likely with the teams playing, I wrongly backed Bournemouth and West Ham to get me points.
    Pungeon is going to give me one point, he is on the pitch...

giphy.gif

Regret taking him out for Fraser now…
    Well today is going to be abysmal for me as was likely with the teams playing, I wrongly backed Bournemouth and West Ham to get me points.

So did many though, so it won't necessarily have a big impact.
    With hindsight and the teams playing I should have maybe ignored the Blank. Though I still have Mané, Robertson, Arnold, Luiz and Hazard to play so you never know I could get a decent green arrow yet.

Though bringing in Wilson and Rice was a waste of two transfers
    Dam second goal for King I got the wrong Bournemouth striker
    With hindsight and the teams playing I should have maybe ignored the Blank. Though I still have Mané, Robertson, Arnold, Luiz and Hazard to play so you never know I could get a decent green arrow yet.

Though bringing in Wilson and Rice was a waste of two transfers

Not the worst group of players yet to play, that!
    Dam second goal for King I got the wrong Bournemouth striker

Bad from a FPL perspective, good for our international games!
    26 points from Captain Mané for me, he was my points haul for GW31 swapping him for Salah one of the few things I have done right this season.

Getting Chelsea players in huge mistake, they better double in GW32, though the likely hood of me captaining Hazard ever is 0%

GW32 plenty to choose from
    26 points from Captain Mané for me, he was my points haul for GW31 swapping him for Salah one of the few things I have done right this season.

Getting Chelsea players in huge mistake, they better double in GW32, though the likely hood of me captaining Hazard ever is 0%

Captaining Mané this gameweek certainly made a difference! Frustrating watching Salah not delivering the points after keeping him for this long – and for this blank most of all. That's the way it goes sometimes.

Brining in Hazard didn't pay off this gameweek, that's for sure. Didn't expect Chelsea to lose this game, and that certainly makes me think twice about captaining Hazard too. Luckily there are more options to choose from in gameweek 32 (after the internationals). Pushed the free hit button this weekend, and will use the international break to tinker with a decent starting eleven for next gameweek.

Captaining Mané this gameweek certainly made a difference! Frustrating watching Salah not delivering the points after keeping him for this long – and for this blank most of all. That's the way it goes sometimes.

Brining in Hazard didn't pay off this gameweek, that's for sure. Didn't expect Chelsea to lose this game, and that certainly makes me think twice about captaining Hazard too. Luckily there are more options to choose from in gameweek 32 (after the internationals). Pushed the free hit button this weekend, and will use the international break to tinker with a decent starting eleven for next gameweek.

Having no chips is going to hurt my team though thankfully I alreasy have seven players already with double games, Chelsea assets are a bit of a liability though surely they will get points in GW32 with the teams they are playing... Though I want Chelsea to lose for obvious reasons.

I will take hits for GW32 nearer the deadline though will have to ensure they are good purchases for the remaining GWs.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 17,241

Having no chips is going to hurt my team though thankfully I alreasy have seven players already with double games, Chelsea assets are a bit of a liability though surely they will get points in GW32 with the teams they are playing... Though I want Chelsea to lose for obvious reasons.

I will take hits for GW32 nearer the deadline though will have to ensure they are good purchases for the remaining GWs.

Having some players with a double already in your team certainly helps. I wouldn't be too worried though, as many have used their chips already, and us with chips left need to make good use of them. For example there was plenty of people that used the free hit last gameweek, but that turned out to be a very low-scoring round. The double gameweek increases the likelihood of getting points returns (that's why I'm playing the free hit now), but I'm preparing for rotation with the players I have in mind – particularly City assets. That's not just because it's Pep, but because several on his players will be playing the internationals, and traveling long distances. I think City's schedule is quite busy as well, as they have all tournaments to play still.

Having some players with a double already in your team certainly helps. I wouldn't be too worried though, as many have used their chips already, and us with chips left need to make good use of them. For example there was plenty of people that used the free hit last gameweek, but that turned out to be a very low-scoring round. The double gameweek increases the likelihood of getting points returns (that's why I'm playing the free hit now), but I'm preparing for rotation with the players I have in mind – particularly City assets. That's not just because it's Pep, but because several on his players will be playing the internationals, and traveling long distances. I think City's schedule is quite busy as well, as they have all tournaments to play still.

Taken a 8 point hit to get 9 players with Double GW, had to be done with no chips left. The question is who to Captain...

Taken a 8 point hit to get 9 players with Double GW, had to be done with no chips left. The question is who to Captain...

I think a 8 point hit is alright given you're likely to get two matches out of the players you've transferred in.

Say you transfer out a single GW player for a hit; assuming he does nothing more than play 60 mins, that two points. If the player you transfer in plays over 60 mins in both matches that's four points. You're then on a -2 point hit really. If you're double GW player scores, assists, get bonus points etc. then that's a hit well spent. Wouldn't go as far as a -12 though, as that would be too much of a gamble.

Struggling with captaincy myself! Switching between Sterling and Agüero right now. Sterling has played for England, while Agüero hasn't played at all during the international break. But Sterling is in such a form right now!
    I agree even if two players do nothing but play 60 minutes twice that's the 8 points recouped, I have two City attackers decided to go for the top scorer
    I agree even if two players do nothing but play 60 minutes twice that's the 8 points recouped, I have two City attackers decided to go for the top scorer

If it weren't for the damn internationals, I'd be on a Sterling captaincy - without question. But since he's played two games while Agüero hasn't played, that makes me fear the Pep roulette. Then again, Pep might be crazy enough with his rotation that he benches Agüero in one of the matches, and plays Sterling in both! :))

If it weren't for the damn internationals, I'd be on a Sterling captaincy - without question. But since he's played two games while Agüero hasn't played, that makes me fear the Pep roulette. Then again, Pep might be crazy enough with his rotation that he benches Agüero in one of the matches, and plays Sterling in both! :))

I think the first game is key and where both players may score good points, Cardiff at home I suspect will be a weaker line up before the F. A. Cup
    Just realised I still had Etheridge in goal despite having a Double GW it's Chelsea and City he is facing, I dare not risk getting a heavy minus points haul.

I think the first game is key and where both players may score good points, Cardiff at home I suspect will be a weaker line up before the F. A. Cup

That's a good point. Lot of games for City now, and the starting eleven will be hard to predict!
    Just realised I still had Etheridge in goal despite having a Double GW it's Chelsea and City he is facing, I dare not risk getting a heavy minus points haul.

He does have the potential for save points though – and plenty of them too given the opposition. No other goalkeeper to pick?
    Here are the gameweek 32 captaincy picks!
    Agüero: 6
    Hazard: 2
    Salah: 1
    Mané: 1
    Jiménez: 1

Agüero and Hazard are naturally go-to options given their double gameweek fixtures, while Salah, Mané and Jiménez makes good differential (although Liverpool only have one fixture).
    Just woke up glad I went with Aguero for part 1 of GW32 and Rashford just scored. Get in decent start so far though I suspect it is for a few in our league

That's a good point. Lot of games for City now, and the starting eleven will be hard to predict!

He does have the potential for save points though – and plenty of them too given the opposition. No other goalkeeper to pick?

I fell asleep so ended up with Lossl in goal, hope I got that call right

I was puzzled by Aguero points though just seen he was subbed on the 57 minute mark, though good chance he will start against Cardiff is the silver lining

I brought in Linderlof for potential clean sheets and he was benched by the looks of it Gr. I should have gone for Shaw, not even on the Bench dam forgot he just had a kid
    Yeah, a good start for Agüero. He was subbed before the hour mark, with what looks like a precaution for a potential injury, so we can only hope he'll be fine for the next fixture. A bit worried about that captaincy pick now.

Sorry to disappoint you, but Lössl is benched for Hamer in this fixture…Don't know why, though.

Lindelöf not in the squad, no. His wife gave birth this week, so that's probably the reason.
    Yeah, a good start for Agüero. He was subbed before the hour mark, with what looks like a precaution for a potential injury, so we can only hope he'll be fine for the next fixture. A bit worried about that captaincy pick now.

Sorry to disappoint you, but Lössl is benched for Hamer in this fixture…Don't know why, though.

Lindelöf not in the squad, no. His wife gave birth this week, so that's probably the reason.

May end up being OK I hope if Etheridge makes alot of saves

It's a very good chance he does! Cardiff can be a tricky opposition as well, so I wouldn't rule out a surprise result there.

It's a very good chance he does! Cardiff can be a tricky opposition as well, so I wouldn't rule out a surprise result there.

That moment when I realise I have at least six players blanking for GW33, I won't make the same mistake with chips next season

That moment when I realise I have at least six players blanking for GW33, I won't make the same mistake with chips next season

The chips and the use of them can be difficult to navigate. Hanging on to them as long as possible seems a good move as there's always twists and turns throughout the season, making the chips very valuable. The wildcards are a bit different as you get two of them, and – at least during the first half of the season, using the wildcard will probably be a way to sort your team and keep getting good scores/turning things around.

There's no given answer how to approach these chips though, and you can always get good scores playing them earlier too.

The chips and the use of them can be difficult to navigate. Hanging on to them as long as possible seems a good move as there's always twists and turns throughout the season, making the chips very valuable. The wildcards are a bit different as you get two of them, and – at least during the first half of the season, using the wildcard will probably be a way to sort your team and keep getting good scores/turning things around.

There's no given answer how to approach these chips though, and you can always get good scores playing them earlier too.

My team is set up for the next Double GW, so I'll just patch my team up next week. Bottom line is I lost any chance of a decent score months ago, just playing for fun now

My team is set up for the next Double GW, so I'll just patch my team up next week. Bottom line is I lost any chance of a decent score months ago, just playing for fun now

The best thing to do - no matter what rank, is to try field as good a team as possible. If some patch work is required, then it's worth doing. Just be careful with too many hits, and try picking players that are likely to deliver in the gameweeks that are yet to be played.

We should always play for the fun of it though!
    496.jpg

Hazard benched, the FPL troll that keeps on trolling. I did hear he was exhausted from being bang average
    That's really annoying! The only comfort is that he's highly owned, and we're a lot of managers in the same situation.
    That's really annoying! The only comfort is that he's highly owned, and we're a lot of managers in the same situation.

I think a few have captained him for a differential, hopefully Chelsea will struggle and Hazard will score off the bench.