The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited March 2019 Posts: 23,105
    I swapped Salah for Mané, Mané has done better than Salah for a few weeks

Mané is the only thing that's gone right for me this week :))

I swapped Son for Hazard so hopefully that will pay off
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 17,241

It's really tempting to do the sideways move of Salah > Mané. Don't know if I'm confident enough to do it though.

Hazard plays next gameweek as well, so it definitely should!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

It's really tempting to do the sideways move of Salah > Mané. Don't know if I'm confident enough to do it though.

Yeah plus Son has dipped in form fatigue appears to be the issue, Hazard has a double coming up also.

The game at Stamford Bridge is a snooze fest, I don't enjoy watching Sorri Ball

Yeah plus Son has dipped in form fatigue appears to be the issue, Hazard has a double coming up also.

The game at Stamford Bridge is a snooze fest, I don't enjoy watching Sorri Ball

The blank is the only reason I'm looking at Hazard. He'll be a popular option going into next GW.
    Jiminez scored get in though I knew I should have kept Jota for one more GW Gr I am rubbish at FPL
    Jiminez scored get in though I knew I should have kept Jota for one more GW Gr I am rubbish at FPL

Difficult decision though. Would you put money on Jota getting an assist vs Chelsea? He's ben subbed early in some fixtures too. IMO that transfer made sense.

Difficult decision though. Would you put money on Jota getting an assist vs Chelsea? He's ben subbed early in some fixtures too. IMO that transfer made sense.

I guess though if it were not for the two Blank weeks no way would I have sold him on current form

I guess though if it were not for the two Blank weeks no way would I have sold him on current form

Yeah, that's the issues with the blanks. You might need to drop players you wouldn't otherwise transfer out. The other option is to see those gameweeks out without fielding an entire starting eleven – which of course could work out fine too (depending on the players you have).
    Chelsea dropping points sets up the next match very nicely

Chelsea are one note
    Hazard with a blinder
    Hazard with a blinder

Oh, no! :-(
    Hazard with a blinder

Still a draw which is good, plus some points for me
    Hazard with a blinder

Still a draw which is good, plus some points for me

Yeah, didn't expect Wolves to get anything from this match.
    Well it's another 40ish points for me this GW

Hopefully Mané and Hazard will bring a few bonus points

Mané is on for two the last time I checked, and Hazard will likely get three!

That should take me to 52 points, irritating having Etheridges 6 points on the bench.

That should take me to 52 points, irritating having Etheridges 6 points on the bench.

That's the way it goes sometimes. I decided on having only one playing goalkeeper this season, just to avoid the dilemma of choosing one each week. That limits the budget for other players of course (if going with a premium option).

That's the way it goes sometimes. I decided on having only one playing goalkeeper this season, just to avoid the dilemma of choosing one each week. That limits the budget for other players of course (if going with a premium option).

I should have kept Button as I would have got some great points for Lossl

Difficult to predict Huddersfield though! Crystal Palace have some decent fixtures ahead (better away though) – same with Newcastle. You could always take a punt on GK options there.

Difficult to predict Huddersfield though! Crystal Palace have some decent fixtures ahead (better away though) – same with Newcastle. You could always take a punt on GK options there.

I'll probably not use a transfer on a keeper now, decided not to take a hit for the blank I'll just bring one striker in... Maybe a cheap one, Higuaín does not look good right now

I'll probably not use a transfer on a keeper now, decided not to take a hit for the blank I'll just bring one striker in... Maybe a cheap one, Higuaín does not look good right now

That sounds like a good plan. Like you, I'm also considering another striker. With an additional transfer I could bring in Higuaín, but I'm not really that tempted after today's game. Luckily there are cheaper options to consider. Any of Rondón, Ayoze Pérez, Vardy, Barnes, Chicharito, Arnautović, Wood, Barnes, King and Wilson can deliver I think. Difficult to predict the playing time of the West Ham strikers though.
    I'll be hanging on to Jiminez

That sounds like a good plan. Like you, I'm also considering another striker. With an additional transfer I could bring in Higuaín, but I'm not really that tempted after today's game. Luckily there are cheaper options to consider. Any of Rondón, Ayoze Pérez, Vardy, Barnes, Chicharito, Arnautović, Wood, Barnes, King and Wilson can deliver I think. Difficult to predict the playing time of the West Ham strikers though.

With Pungeon blanking again I may take a hit
    Vardy and Rondon are tempting you were ahead of the curve with those two
    I'll be hanging on to Jiminez

It's 50/50 whether I'll hold on to him or Pogba. All depends on if I need that third striker or that extra man in midfield. Either way, the player I'll transfer out will come back into the team eventually.

Puncheon is a worry. I hoped he'd at least come on today so that would be one less transfer to consider. Might need to make a -8 now.
    Vardy and Rondon are tempting you were ahead of the curve with those two

Got Rondón a couple GWs ago, so that move only paid off today. Really happy with that score though. Can only hope he delivers next GW when I really need him to.
    My bench consists of Pogba, Rashford and Aguero, reluctant to transfer out, even more as I needed to take a hit because I have two defenders injured including Bamba who is out for the season so got rid, shame he has given me good points when needed. I'll be lucky to field 9 players tomorrow as Pungeon is still in my squad.
    My bench consists of Pogba, Rashford and Aguero, reluctant to transfer out, even more as I needed to take a hit because I have two defenders injured including Bamba who is out for the season so got rid, shame he has given me good points when needed. I'll be lucky to field 9 players tomorrow as Pungeon is still in my squad.

A player who's out for the season is well worth transferring out, as you can only gain points bringing in a replacement. Ended up taking a -8 myself. Feels like a -4 too much, but had to give it a chance.

Will update the captaincy picks eventually. Having trouble accessing the FPL site!
    Here are the gameweek 31 captaincy picks!
    Salah: 5
    Agüero: 2
    Mané: 2
    Frmino: 1
    Hazard: 1

In a blank gameweek with few teams playing, Liverpool and Chelsea are the go-to teams for captains. Salah, Mané, Firmino and Hazard all feature in our captaincy picks – but also Agüero, who doesn't play weekend. Still chances of getting good scores. Good luck everyone!