No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    NicNac wrote: »
    The point I was making was that there are greater forces at work now that probably contribute to the delays we have between films.

Political forces. Creative forces.

We have to accept that now, with the action film market so buoyant a character like Bond could become irrelevant if they force films out every 2-3 years. Bond films have always been an event, but if they made them every two years now it wouldn't be an event in the slightest. And that is due to competition.

Barbara isn't being lacklustre, she is as keen as ever to give Bond to the world. But it's a different world to when Cubby was around.

As for incompetent decisions, Eon have been making them since the 60s. Thunderball suffered from being rushed. Issues with the editing and the dubbing were all over the film. That film needed six more months.

The script has had re-writes, yes. But so many Bond films have had them. We are just more aware of it now, because of the internet age.

As someone said, to have kept this franchise alive for over 50 years is a miracle. An absolute miracle. But its a miracle that is harder to perform as the years go by.

@NicNac so your point is they can't keep doing what they are doing and need to sell to survive?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Would somebody care to summarize the news of the past 5 days? I've been away and was unable to update the timeline regularly.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Would somebody care to summarize the news of the past 5 days? I've been away and was unable to update the timeline regularly.

Sure nothing of merit happened
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    edited March 2019 Posts: 2,495
    BestFit Magazine have an "interview" with Daniel Craig that seems very similiar to the bullshit one from a few days ago.

NYzzdaT.jpg

x03svsV.jpg
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan

There are rumors that bond will be riding an electric Aston Martin in B25, Other than that nothing too much.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Zekidk wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    BTW filming in Italy will be massive. First unit will shoot more than a month between August and September, plus all the prior second unit work in July. Looks like the movie won't feature Matera only in the PTS...

They spent more than two months in Turkey for SF, where 95% of the shots ended up in the PTS.

Yes. But since filming in Italy will feature a seaside location as well is fair to assume that some portions of the filming will end up in other sections of the movie.
    So Italy and Norway are pretty much confirmed with Jamaica heavily rumored. Any other rumored locations that I have missed?
    bondbat007 wrote: »
    So Italy and Norway are pretty much confirmed with Jamaica heavily rumored. Any other rumored locations that I have missed?

Jamaica is confirmed
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    BestFit Magazine have an "interview" with Daniel Craig that seems very similiar to the bullshit one from a few days ago.

NYzzdaT.jpg

x03svsV.jpg

This is not a new interview from Craig. However, they are all direct quotes from Craig just amalagted from different sources.
    bondbat007 wrote: »

All three - Jamaica, Italy and Norway - are confirmed. The other rumoured location is Greece.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I believe Croatia was replaced by Italy.
    I wonder if we're getting a snow chase in Norway.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Possibly, but it always seemed strange for a location to be locked in that far in advance.
    Possibly, but it always seemed strange for a location to be locked in that far in advance.

Yes, they were probably scouting and talking to some authorities. We know how papers work.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Didn't the same occurrence happen with India during the pre-production of Skyfall? They backed out the last minute and opted for Turkey instead.
    Didn't the same occurrence happen with India during the pre-production of Skyfall? They backed out the last minute and opted for Turkey instead.

Yes, it did.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    edited March 2019 Posts: 2,538
    https://www.nrk.no/kultur/bond-kommer-til-norge-i-mars-1.14474456?fbclid=IwAR0-fV2xfmSqFssYC7zyaXk7MzzwVHN37N-aFVM7gXcyijoqo-QDc__8Kg0

25th of March again and they talk about helicopters. Probably to film
    the chase...
    or something more?

By the way, if there is no press conference before, what title will they put on the Norway clapperboards? ;)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    The clapper would just say 'B25' or similar, until they're ready to reveal it, like they did with B22 etc.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    NicNac wrote: »
    Unfortunately those who are overly critical of Barbara Broccoli and Eon are so inclined because all they want is a new Bond film asap, no excuses, no delays.

Then they can happily spend the next two or three years telling everyone how crap it was.

+1.

Whenever someone slams EON and claims to be a huge Bond fan, my Geiger counter begins to make noise.

Fan and fanboy are two different things.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 17,272
    ggl007 wrote: »
    https://www.nrk.no/kultur/bond-kommer-til-norge-i-mars-1.14474456?fbclid=IwAR0-fV2xfmSqFssYC7zyaXk7MzzwVHN37N-aFVM7gXcyijoqo-QDc__8Kg0

25th of March again and they talk about helicopters. Probably to film
    the chase...
    or something more?

By the way, if there is no press conference before, what title will they put on the Norway clapperboards? ;)

A quick translation:
    "According to documents NRK have access to, parts of the film will be shot in Nittedal between 25th March and 2nd April. (There's a little error here I believe, as the article actually says "parts of the film will be shot in Nittedal 25th March AND 2nd April.")

There will be a temporary restriction area for air traffic, as there will be helicopters in the area, flying at low altitude, at high speed. There has also been granted a permission for driving with other motorised vehicles in the area."
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 4,619
    Barbara, I'm begging you, tell us when the press conference will be held! Tell me the date and I'll be a happy man for months.
  • Chance to meet Daniel Craig coming up on BBC1 comic Relief tonight...may be Bond 25 related, not sure yet!
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 1,261
    Just an advice: Don't jump at Panchito's provocations. He enjoys it tremendously and is having a great time everytime somebody reacts the way he wanted them to react.
    I've just gotten to the point where I think we should all not pay @PanchitoPistoles any attention at all
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    I've just gotten to the point where I think we should all not pay @PanchitoPistoles any attention at all
    I think the family of Kevin Mcclory is taking turns operating his account.

• DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    j4yqnmhpsft11.gif
    Busy week of work next week. So please Eon give us something to get me through it!
  • Comic relief competition to meet Daniel Craig at pinewood on set on B25 on BBC1 now!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Comic relief competition to meet Daniel Craig at pinewood on set on B25 on BBC1 now!
    Oooo how do you enter?
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    I guess if they started filming on March 25, it would figure that the press conference would be this coming Thursday. Exciting stuff!
    Comic relief competition to meet Daniel Craig at pinewood on set on B25 on BBC1 now!

Wow!! Source?!!