No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    No worries, @acidie.

Also, thanks to @Torgeirtrap for posting the video.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Lorraine ITV - interview with Ralph Fiennes

Briefly..
    Fiennes genuinely has no idea when filming starts (although it’s this year), and hasn’t seen a script. He expects to be filming ‘May, June’ time. That’s for his role though.

He spoke to Barbara and Cubby about playing Bond briefly before Brosnan was cast but it didn’t work out.

Lorraine championed Idris Elba (of course), and he had to make the appropriate noises.

He called Craig a fantastic Bond

And that’s about it
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Thanks Nic Nac. Of course, Fiennes must know more than he's allowed to say. The prospect of him as Bond is rather intriguing though. I imagine it would continue the tone of Dalton's films.

It boggles the mind how Elba is still being mentioned. 8-}
    I couldn't really care less if the Aston Martin Rapide E is in the film or not. I know some will rush to espouse the Daily Mail's "too PC" rhetoric. But the car looks like an Aston Martin (except it's a little too salon for my tastes), so what's the problem?

But I doubt the fact that's electronic will come into play. It may even play into the story - Bond being aggrieved that MI6 are being forced to go green. Maybe the car will actually belong to the new female MI6 agent we know will factor into the film?

At the moment, this is the least of my concerns.

084221_2018_astonmartin_Rapide.jpg?460x287

Personally, I think the DB10 is a work of art. That car has all the credentials to be a truly iconic car in the series if it gets used another time. It has an aquiline beauty. It should get a reprieve.

latest?cb=20160712110032
    I couldn't really care less if the Aston Martin Rapide E is in the film or not. I know some will rush to espouse the Daily Mail's "too PC" rhetoric. But the car looks like an Aston Martin (except it's a little too salon for my tastes), so what's the problem?

But I doubt the fact that's electronic will come into play. It may even play into the story - Bond being aggrieved that MI6 are being forced to go green. Maybe the car will actually belong to the new female MI6 agent we know will factor into the film?

At the moment, this is the least of my concerns.

084221_2018_astonmartin_Rapide.jpg?460x287

Personally, I think the DB10 is a work of art. That car has all the credentials to be a truly iconic car in the series if it gets used another time. It has an aquiline beauty. It should get a reprieve.

latest?cb=20160712110032

Agreed I am far more concerned about The title and plot then what car he drives
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Just read an article stating the opening action sequence is massive and in matera so is that before or after the pts
    The PTS will be 120 minutes long, after that will come a 5 minute long main title sequence and a 5 minute epilogue.

That would make the gunbarrel at the end meaningful :D
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    I’m sorry but being an automotive enthusiast, it’d be a crying shame to put Bond in an Aston that DOESN’T produce that infamous exhaust note. Astons have one of the best exhaust notes out there. Bond needs to be driving a vehicle with a beastly engine under the hood. Not an environmentally friendly set of wheels.
    Yeah, let’s destroy the planet! I’m really hoping this article is correct, I’m 100% on board with Bond finally driving an electric car.

+1
    NicNac wrote: »
    Fiennes genuinely has no idea when filming starts (although it’s this year), and hasn’t seen a script.
    Yikes. Two very worrisome statements.
    Fiennes genuinely has no idea when filming starts (although it’s this year), and hasn’t seen a script.

And the B25 merry-go-round carries on .

well November 2020 is a great time to see a bond film ;)
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    As much as I love the roar of an Aston, the advatange of an electric car is that they are relatively quiet and perfect for such things as a drive by shooting for example. If Bond needed to sneak up on something in a vehicle, electric would be one way to do it.

And if it is electric, I imagine we can expect some banter between Q and Bond when he briefs him on the specifics of the new ride and hands the keys over.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Good God... Is this for real? Fiennes hasn't seen a script yet AND doesn't know when filming starts?! Either his role is extremely small, or production is being delayed again.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Good God... Is this for real? Fiennes hasn't seen a script yet AND doesn't know when filming starts?! Either his role is extremely small, or production is being delayed again.

Not a big deal.

Fiennes said the exact same thing about Spectre. He's signed on for Bond 25 - there is no need to court him with a script. He's in whether he likes it or not.

If anything, this news is encouraging as they clearly don't have a huge amount for him to do this time out. Otherwise, he'd be more involved.

I imagine that M and the whole 'fate of MI6' will be jettisoned from Bond 25. It's been overplayed massively in the last two films. I think Bond 25 should focus on Bond - much like CR. Make a character piece. I don't want awkward jarring asides back to London.

It worked wonderfully in SF - as Judi's M was integral to that film. but it felt repetitive and dull in SP. Poor old Ralph Fiennes was forced to play out the same scene over-and-over-again with Andrew Scott.

Here's the video from today:

So it's safe to say m won't be critical to the plot. Either that or another delay.
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    Gotta say, Fiennes is such a fine actor.
  • Well, the script is still being worked on. I wouldn't expect him to have read it yet. Unless it is usual for returning cast to read the first drafts?

No more delays, nope! :)
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator

And no doubt there are actors who at this moment in time, don't even know if they are in the film because they haven't been cast. It means nothing.

Shooting will start soon enough. Second unit stuff, no doubt Daniel Craig will start filming as well. Lots of stunt work to do, lots of set pieces to film.

Film making is a chaotic process. The April release date will be met.
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    So it's safe to say m won't be critical to the plot. Either that or another delay.

There's no delay.

He hasn't seen it because the shooting script is probably being finalized as we speak.

I'm sure he's aware of the broad strokes of the film and his character and simply, obviously, isn't going to spoil them here and now.

There's nothing to this. At all.

Just happy to see him, and to know he's coming back!
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 416
    acidie wrote: »
    QBranch wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Bond 25 filming in Lutvann, and possibly the Eastern Markets in Oslo. One particularly interesting pic in this article.
    So this is where that girl is suppose to fall through the ice, we can assume:
    Bond4-2.jpg
    @Zekidk Thanks for being one of two members here to actually comment on the recent Bond 25 production news, rather than add to nearly two pagesf joke title suggestions and fan art (wrong thread) and debate on whether the Moore-era is cheese (again, wrong thread)...
    Yes, those weird-looking ice blocks, appearing more like single bed mattresses painted white (which they probably are), we can assume are for the stunt with the girl. The article also mentions the possibility of the Langvann set being moved to the other lake, OR filming in both places.
    Nevermind the 'Eastern Markets' wording in the rough translation of the article, that should say 'Østmarka forest' instead. Thanks to @Number24, a fellow member on AJB for a better translation of the article.

I 2nd that! Thanks for the updates

There's always one party pooper. Anyway. I can confirm officially that the news about automatic car is fake. Just fake news. Even the article makes mistakes in the price of the vehicle.

It wont be delayed again. that would be beyond a joke. Filming will begin end of this month for certain. His part will be small so that's why he doesnt know much.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Exactly. Just because he doesn't know when his part will be doesnt mean that filming wont start in April. Perhaps his role doesnt include early filmings.
    Gareth007 wrote: »
    Bond 25 filming in Lutvann, and possibly the Eastern Markets in Oslo. One particularly interesting pic in this article.
    Bond4-2.jpg
    @Zekidk Thanks for being one of two members here to actually comment on the recent Bond 25 production news, rather than add to nearly two pagesf joke title suggestions and fan art (wrong thread) and debate on whether the Moore-era is cheese (again, wrong thread)...
    Yes, those weird-looking ice blocks, appearing more like single bed mattresses painted white (which they probably are), we can assume are for the stunt with the girl. The article also mentions the possibility of the Langvann set being moved to the other lake, OR filming in both places.
    Nevermind the 'Eastern Markets' wording in the rough translation of the article, that should say 'Østmarka forest' instead. Thanks to @Number24, a fellow member on AJB for a better translation of the article.

There's always one party pooper. Anyway. I can confirm officially that the news about automatic car is fake. Just fake news. Even the article makes mistakes in the price of the vehicle.

How do you know,,just out of interest ?
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Bond4-2.jpg

A few sources and myself noticed that the article isnt correct with the price of the vehicle. Not just that though, it's obviously fake news to try boost the sites stats. It also sounds ridiculous and it wont happen, im certain.
    Exactly. Just because he doesn't know when his part will be doesnt mean that filming wont start in April. Perhaps his role doesnt include early filmings.

exactly. Ben Wishaw told a fan filming begins end of this month so it must be true. Everyone must have different schedules on when they are informed. Only bond and the producers and director will know the script i'm assuming.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Bond4-2.jpg

A few sources and myself noticed that the article isnt correct with the price of the vehicle. Not just that though, it's obviously fake news to try boost the sites stats. It also sounds ridiculous and it wont happen, im certain.

I certainly hope you’re right.
    I refuse to believe filming will not start within 25 days (meaning before the end of the first week of April). I know Barbara Broccoli loves delays, but even she has to admit it's time to start filming very soon.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I refuse to believe filming will not start within 25 days (meaning before the end of the first week of April). I know Barbara Broccoli loves delays, but even she has to admit it's time to start filming very soon.
    No need for concern, we all know filming's starting at the end of the month.
    I think I may start a betting pool and lay odds on it actually being released in April of next year. Any takers?
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 4,619
    Denbigh wrote: »
    We all know filming can start very soon because they are ready. The have made all the necessary preparations. The only issue is that Barbara loves delays! She is addicted to them, so she might delay filming one last time just to satiate her addiction! :))
    We all know filming can start very soon because they are ready. The have made all the necessary preparations. The only issue is that Barbara loves delays! She is addicted to them, so she might delay filming one last time just to satiate her addiction! :))

Apart from this film show me 1 movie that was delayed? from Babs and Michael
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 2019 Posts: 5,869
    You must think alcoholism starts after one pint...

...and by the way your biased nature against Barbara is showing again :/