Bond film ranking tournament. Final results

Comments

• peterpeter Toronto
    NSNA
    FYEO
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    NSNA - It's close, but Connery's performance gives NSNA the slight edge.

FYEO - Annihilation Station.
    pachazo wrote: »

Over Sir Roger?! .......ok.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Moore performed better in OP than Connery did in NSNA. But, as a film... NSNA triumphs over OP, a film which I find Roger terribly wasted in. Same with AVTAK. This comes from a man whose favourite Bond is Roger Moore.
    Moore performed better in OP than Connery did in NSNA. But, as a film... NSNA triumphs over OP, a film which I find Roger terribly wasted in. Same with AVTAK. This comes from a man whose favourite Bond is Roger Moore.

Meh.....
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Meh.....
    PvZr.gif
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    QBranch wrote: »
    Meh.....
    PvZr.gif
    Taking the piss, Q? :))
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    pachazo wrote: »

Over Sir Roger?! .......ok.

Sir Rog was a true professional and always gave his all. He just wasn't looking his best in AVTAK, what with the face work and loss of weight since OP. I know a lot of people here hate NSNA because of McClory, but I do think Connery is excellent in it. Without him the film would be nothing.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    AVTAK & FYEO
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Roger x2
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    NSNA

and

SP
  • AVTAK. & FYEO. Very easy choices. Though of course Connery is the best part of NSNA. And Spectre can't compare to any film in the original timeline. (Hm on second thought I'd put TWINE under it.)
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    edited March 2019 Posts: 1,318
    Actually I have a huge soft spot for AVTAK. Got to love Zorin and Rog, of course.

FYEO is an easy win, too. I love Sean, but NSNA just isn't true Bond. A money grab, frankly.
    AVTAK
    SP
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    edited March 2019 Posts: 4,311
    NSNA (Connery finally gives the exciting goodbye performance he should have given in DAF)
    and
    FYEO (this is hard, but SP just had a terribly scripted last act, whereas FYEO as a whole is a very satisfying package - even though I find the execution of some of the more romantic dialogue scenes between Moore and Bouquet cringe-worthy)
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    AVTAK
    FYEO
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    AVTAK
    FYEO
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    AVTAK & FYEO
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Both of these are quite hard, but I think I will give it to NSNA (seeing Connery back a seventh and final time was more exciting than was the case with Moore) and FYEO (far better finale and Bond girl. Funny that both feature the demise of Blofeld involving a helicopter).
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    NSNA. Its’ amazing how similarly both movies cast their villains: Klaus Maria Brandauer vs. Christopher Walken, Barbara Carrera vs. Grace Jones; so ultimately my vote comes down to seeing Connery portray Bond as someone closer to his real age. The Moore / Roberts pairing was....aren't there laws against that?

FYEO. Easy decision
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Both of these are quite hard, but I think I will give it to NSNA (seeing Connery back a seventh and final time was more exciting than was the case with Moore) and FYEO (far better finale and Bond girl. Funny that both feature the demise of Blofeld involving a helicopter).

That's what she said.
  • AVTAK and FYEO
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 13,879
    That's what she said.
    :D And both give 2+ hours of satisfaction.
    Dwayne wrote: »
    The Moore / Roberts pairing was....aren't there laws against that?
    When you turn 57 years old, you will hope not. :))
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Get your preferences in before the end of the week.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    When you turn 57 years old, you will hope not. :))[/quote]

Already 57!

Interestingly, the Moore – Roberts pairing doesn’t represent the largest age difference during Roger’s tenure as Bond. That goes to FYEO’s Carole Bouquet (30yrs). However, since she had fewer “oh..James” moments, I always give her a pass.

• PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    edited March 2019 Posts: 3,262
    When you turn 57 years old, you will hope not. :))

Already 57!

Interestingly, the Moore – Roberts pairing doesn’t represent the largest age difference during Roger’s tenure as Bond. That goes to FYEO’s Carole Bouquet (30yrs). However, since she had fewer “oh..James” moments, I always give her a pass.

[/quote]

That's one reason I wish Carole Bouquet's Melina had played opposite Dalton's Bond instead. Moore and her seemed more like father and daughter to me making their final love scene not much less awkward than Bibi Dahl's failed seduction attempts in the same film (Lynn Holly Johnson is only a year younger than Carole Bouquet.)
    I've never rated Bouquet .
    Down at the bottom of the pile with Milovy.

Kinky!!
    Mathis1 wrote: »

Kinky!!

Hahaha indeed old buddy,indeed !!
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart

They can have a crossbow and pillow fight to the death.