No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Unless...
    they mean by 'successor' the person who has been given the 007 number after Bond regards from the service?

As there's been mention of a female M16 agent in the casting reports, I reckon this could be a distinct possibility...
    I can't remember exactly -- this is going back a long ways -- but wasn't that an unused plot idea from Die Another Day at some point in its development process?

I always loved it, and thought it a shame it didn't stick in the final script if it were true. If I'm remembering the broad strokes of the theory, it's that when Gala Brand was still the character (not Miranda Frost), she was also 007 -- given the number in his absence while he was imprisoned in North Korea. So the idea of the film was that he was written off by the service not just metaphorically but also much more literally, and had to essentially earn the number back from her.

Could be wrong. I've no idea. But I always thought it was a neat concept.

• edited March 2019 Posts: 9,730
    AgentM72 wrote: »

Unless...
    they mean by 'successor' the person who has been given the 007 number after Bond regards from the service?

As there's been mention of a female M16 agent in the casting reports, I reckon this could be a distinct possibility...
    I can't remember exactly -- this is going back a long ways -- but wasn't that an unused plot idea from Die Another Day at some point in its development process?

I always loved it, and thought it a shame it didn't stick in the final script if it were true. If I'm remembering the broad strokes of the theory, it's that when Gala Brand was still the character (not Miranda Frost), she was also 007 -- given the number in his absence while he was imprisoned in North Korea. So the idea of the film was that he was written off by the service not just metaphorically but also much more literally, and had to essentially earn the number back from her.

Which I assumed would of been an element of Bond 25 back in 2016 it would be a great way to kill the code name theory once and for all as well as include one of the few Fleming character that have not been included in the films.

Still hate the title The Mater Spy but I got used to Skyfall and I suppose I will get use to this
    Risico007 wrote: »

Unless...

Which I assumed would of been an element of Bond 25 back in 2016 it would be a great way to kill the code name theory once and for all as well as include one of the few Fleming character that have not been included in the films.

Still hate the title The Mater Spy but I got used to Skyfall and I suppose I will get use to this

Every instinct I have tells me that's not the title.

Unless...

I am hoping your right but we shall see again its better then the Brosnan Original titles but still it sounds so.... bad if they wanted to go for a bland title

The secret agent which is from Flemings pen at least... I will say based on things I am getting a strange
    A view to A kill meet Quantum of Solace with a bit of Diamonds Are forever sprinkled in vibe and not 100% sure I vibe with it... I just hope they get rid of the bad Moore Puns, Moore could keep us invested in a car chase but still make a joke or two half way through Craig can't
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I like the Brosnan original titles just fine. DAD may have been a cliche, but it's still better than something like QoS or SP.
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan

New photo of Craig.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 820

Unless...

I am hoping your right but we shall see again its better then the Brosnan Original titles but still it sounds so.... bad if they wanted to go for a bland title

The secret agent which is from Flemings pen at least... I will say based on things I am getting a strange
    A view to A kill meet Quantum of Solace with a bit of Diamonds Are forever sprinkled in vibe and not 100% sure I vibe with it... I just hope they get rid of the bad Moore Puns, Moore could keep us invested in a car chase but still make a joke or two half way through Craig can't
    I doubt it's The Mater Spy, because even as a play on "Master Spy" with an eyebrow-raise subversion it doesn't pass a glance test for James Bond film title. It would also just sound quite rhetorically weird, particularly to North American audiences' ears.

I doubt it's The Secret Service, because that was the name of the first Kingsman movie.

And I doubt it's Shatterhand, because....well, Barbara says it's not. Unless that's truly one of the greatest pieces of pre-announcement marketing EON's ever done. To which I'd say: bravo, and she's the true master spy.

My money at this point would be somewhere in the group of Once Upon a Spy, Nothing is Forever, All the Time in the World, or Everything or Nothing. And that last one's really a stretch, because it's already been used prominently in the franchise. Maybe All or Nothing as a variation.

Wait, why am I spoiler tagging title speculation?
  • peterpeter Toronto

New photo of Craig.

He’s looking incredible
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    edited March 2019 Posts: 2,032
    peter wrote: »

New photo of Craig.

He’s looking incredible

Craig is the one on the left ;)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 13,879
    Neat pic. I recognize the guy on the left as a member of this forum.

So basically, that's one degree of separation between me and Daniel Craig!
    talos7 wrote: »
    Main unit filming has NOT started yet.

You truly are a miserable human being.
    What is your problem? I am simply stating a fact.
    So was he. What's the problem?

New photo of Craig.

The bastard knows how to get into shape :-).
    He looks like he could still do a couple more Bonds.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    He looks like he’s between Quantum and Skyfall in my opinion. He de-aged.
  • Craig looks old, older than Moore in Octopussy f.e. I'm glad this is his last. It's time for someone new, someone fresh and someone with a sense of fun.

Personally I hope Bond 25 will be called The Property of a Lady... We'll see...
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 416
    Craig looks old, older than Moore in Octopussy f.e. I'm glad this is his last. It's time for someone new, someone fresh and someone with a sense of fun.

Personally Im not. Daniel is the best bond. Theres still a sence of humour but i beleive those days are gone. When I look back at brosnan era now, it's pretty funny. This reaslitic gritty bond is the best the series has ever seen. My favourite without a doubt. I wouldnt be comftable with another brosnan wanabee. How do you go back from danie'ls era Just wouldnt work. Bond has to move with the times.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 15,423
    There are many ways that would work. The graphic novels currently ongoing and in production have demonstrated that without weighing on the cheese. The era of Jason Bourne and Christopher Nolan’s Dark Knight has overstayed their welcome at this point, films and any sort of fiction mediums have become lighter over the years and the post-9/11 crusts are already blown over and away with the wind of time.

A second coming of the Brosnan era, whether with better quality of the same rate of value (depending on how Eon handles it) is imminent. I’d love it. I’d welcome it.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Craig looks old, older than Moore in Octopussy f.e. I'm glad this is his last. It's time for someone new, someone fresh and someone with a sense of fun.

After watching OP last night I disagree. Moore aged pretty heavily between MR and OP
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia

+1

Finally someone who is willing to go against the current here.
    I want bond 25 to have a fleming title
    Fleming Title (2020), starring Daniel Craig. ;)
    As much as I would like it fleming, I think we'll be given a new fresh title like skyfall.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave

Ah, yes the new James Bond blockbuster.

QOXsPtG.png

QOXsPtG.png
    Haha, sir, you beat me to it. :))
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 9,730

QOXsPtG.png

Can you do one for The Hildebrand Rarity? you can pm me the results if you want I just would love a new title design for my favorite Fleming Title

also I prefer this over The Mater Spy
    Seriously, this should be the new Wavelink. :))
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    There are many ways that would work. The graphic novels currently ongoing and in production have demonstrated that without weighing on the cheese. The era of Jason Bourne and Christopher Nolan’s Dark Knight has overstayed their welcome at this point, films and any sort of fiction mediums have become lighter over the years and the post-9/11 crusts are already blown over and away with the wind of time.

A second coming of the Brosnan era, whether with better quality of the same rate of value (depending on how Eon handles it) is imminent. I’d love it. I’d welcome it.

+1

Absolutely. That can be worked with watching the pattern of the Bond portrayals where after a lighter, humoristic Bond came a dark and emotional Bond and vice-versa (Dalton after Moore, Brosnan after Dalton, Craig after Brosnan).

QOXsPtG.png

^It's not
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave

QOXsPtG.png

^It's not

Shhhh
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 1,261

QOXsPtG.png

^It's not

Shhhh

Most likely title: "BREXIT NEVER DIES." And it will feature a brilliant plot twist: Theresa May is really Ernst Stavro Blofeld. And Boris Johnson will be his/her henchman.

Kidding.

*runsforthedoor*