"Stop getting Bond wrong !!!! " ....Alan Partridge discussion thread .

Comments

Did anyone see the 2nd episode last night ?

As Alan would say : "I nearly soiled myself".....it was so funny and vintage Partridge.
    So pleased I recorded it and can keep it,cant wait to watch it again..haven't laughed so much for ages !!
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Stop getting Bond WRONG!" Notice how Alan does himself with the Fiona Fullerton reference. She's not in TSWLM, she's in AVTAK. I presume this is on purpose?!
    suavejmf wrote: »
    Stop getting Bond WRONG!" Notice how Alan does himself with the Fiona Fullerton reference. She's not in TSWLM, she's in AVTAK. I presume this is on purpose?!

He always thinks he is a Bond expert when he know naff all about him really.
    You know Alan,a fountain of non-knowledge !
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    This weeks episode was much better and had some zingers.

Coogan has just fit back into Alan's skin with no effort at all.

He clearly knows this character so well now, it's a joy to behold.
    Shardlake wrote: »
    This weeks episode was much better and had some zingers.

Coogan has just fit back into Alan's skin with no effort at all.

He clearly knows this character so well now, it's a joy to behold.

He has aged alongside Alan as well,so they are like a split personality of Steve hahaha !!
    I love the way he sat on the bench with the Audience last night and told them to budge up,knocking the audience member off the end of the row,he went flying haha !
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Watching the second episode of This Time 'We are all sparrows trapped in a tunnel' :))

He’s back @Fire_and_Ice_Returns !!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited March 2019 Posts: 23,102
    Lynn is full on Sith Lord her journey to the Dark Side is complete, I like the evolution of Lynn and Alan's dynamic.

AP as soon as his position is threatened I love it when he goes into attack mode :))
    Another legendary Alan episode tonight ,i’m Loving this series and am keeping and recording every episode x Sidekick Simon has another nightmare and Alan’s photo list on his I-pad was brilliant x not forgetting he ‘owned’ the reporter who hates him !!
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Another legendary Alan episode tonight ,i’m Loving this series and am keeping and recording every episode x Sidekick Simon has another nightmare and Alan’s photo list on his I-pad was brilliant x not forgetting he ‘owned’ the reporter who hates him !!

I'm not won over by this series, it's actually more awkward than funny. But yes, Alan's I-Pad photo's was a highlight (pregnant women fetish?!!)and Alan's decimation of the reporter's use of words was vintage Partridge.

The 'meat' report was a waste of time. As was Alan's trip back to school.

As a plus Susannah Fielding who plays his co-presenter is very easy on the eye...

I'm not won over by this series, it's actually more awkward than funny. But yes, Alan's I-Pad photo's was a highlight (pregnant women fetish?!!)and Alan's decimation of the reporter's use of words was vintage Partridge.

The 'meat' report was a waste of time. As was Alan's trip back to school.

As a plus Susannah Fielding who plays his co-presenter is very easy on the eye...

She certainly is.....very !!

Latest episode had one of the best bits of the series. Alan's 'lookalike' from Ireland who launched into an impromtu rendition of Irish rebellion songs was hilarious!

On a negative note Susannah Fielding's outfit this week was seriously dull. Get her back in the tight dresses!
    Latest episode had one of the best bits of the series. Alan's 'lookalike' from Ireland who launched into an impromtu rendition of Irish rebellion songs was hilarious!

On a negative note Susannah Fielding's outfit this week was seriously dull. Get her back in the tight dresses!

And he was sitting next to a Daniel Craig lookalike in a Tuxedo haha !
    Another reference to Alan's (and Steve himself I think) love of Bond.
    Catching up on This Time episode 3 ups the craziness, AP is in full flow and Jenny is great, Alan as a School boy :))
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 17,241
    Oh, how I hope this series will find it's way to Norway soon!
    It’s Alan .....he finds his way to everywhere Torg haha !!
    :))
    He's been on TV here before, so hopefully he will find his way over here!

Exactly.......AHAAAAA !!

I noticed that YouTube have the episodes for sale at least in the UK, SD £1.99 and HD £2.49 I may buy them myself when the show finishes. Other streaming services may be selling the show already.
    Watching episode 4 'Come on Eileen' :))

Exactly.......AHAAAAA !!

I noticed that YouTube have the episodes for sale at least in the UK, SD £1.99 and HD £2.49 I may buy them myself when the show finishes. Other streaming services may be selling the show already.

As far as I've seen we don't have the opportunity to buy TV series episodes from Youtube here in Norway – just films. Same with iTunes. It's a shame really, as I'd love to be able to download various TV series.

Exactly.......AHAAAAA !!

As far as I've seen we don't have the opportunity to buy TV series episodes from Youtube here in Norway – just films. Same with iTunes. It's a shame really, as I'd love to be able to download various TV series.

That's a shame, it's also avaible on Amazon Instant Video the SD episodes are slightly cheaper. I will probably end up buying it from Amazon as that's where I get most of my downloads

Exactly.......AHAAAAA !!

That's a shame, it's also avaible on Amazon Instant Video the SD episodes are slightly cheaper. I will probably end up buying it from Amazon as that's where I get most of my downloads

It's the same with Amazon too…
    I just hope that will change eventually.
    I’m recording it off the TV and keeping it on my SKY Q box x u have to have a bit of a Partridge in ya life !
    I’m recording it off the TV and keeping it on my SKY Q box x u have to have a bit of a Partridge in ya life !

I intended to do the same though my TV keeps missing the beginning of what ever show or film I record which is a pain, I think I have all AP on DVD and Alpha Papa on Bluray.

Exactly.......AHAAAAA !!

That seems odd being a European country, though perhaps its something to do with distribution rights?

Exactly.......AHAAAAA !!

That seems odd being a European country, though perhaps its something to do with distribution rights?

I guess it's distribution rights and other factors. Some content find it's way to subscription based services of course; Viaplay, etc. – but it's rarely the series I want to watch!

And he was sitting next to a Daniel Craig lookalike in a Tuxedo haha !
    Another reference to Alan's (and Steve himself I think) love of Bond.

'Double 0 fecking bollocks!!!!'
    I completely lost it at the end of this week's episode, that was hilarious.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 19,339
    Man,those
    giant bloated lips
    at the end of episode 5 was so so funny...Alan you never learn !!

17442073-low_res-this-time-with-alan-partridge.jpg