Game of Thrones (2011 - 19)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I'll probably wait another month-ish before I do my full series rewatch in time for the premiere. I'm trying to avoid all of this footage - with a final, six episode season, I want to go in as fresh as I can.

It's the only teaser I have seen ill probably avoid the rest, I am at the end of season 1 I have some seasons on Bluray, been considering buying some of the later seasons on 4k though they are expensive not sure I can justify it when SKY tends to rerun all the episodes leading up to a new series.

That's why I've been selling off my blu-ray copies while I can, since Season 1 is for sale in 4K and the rest of the series will likely follow as one big boxset after the final season ends.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    matt_u wrote: »
    I have a feeling the biggest battle of the Season won't be in the final episodes. The one that took 55 straight nights of shooting. Interesting.

Yes rumours is its in 3rd or 4th episode.

Third episode.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I'll probably wait another month-ish before I do my full series rewatch in time for the premiere. I'm trying to avoid all of this footage - with a final, six episode season, I want to go in as fresh as I can.

It's the only teaser I have seen ill probably avoid the rest, I am at the end of season 1 I have some seasons on Bluray, been considering buying some of the later seasons on 4k though they are expensive not sure I can justify it when SKY tends to rerun all the episodes leading up to a new series.

That's why I've been selling off my blu-ray copies while I can, since Season 1 is for sale in 4K and the rest of the series will likely follow as one big boxset after the final season ends.

Good idea and a complete 4k boxset should be pretty awesome, I do like some of the GOT Steel books that are on Bluray, I have found that some 4k sets are not quite as good as the Bluray sets The Dark Knight Trilogy Boxset being a good example, though I have both sets still.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited January 2019 Posts: 2,541
    doubleoego wrote: »
    I have a feeling the biggest battle of the Season won't be in the final episodes. The one that took 55 straight nights of shooting. Interesting.

Third episode.

I just hope last 6 episodes are better than last 6 I saw( which weren't that good)
    Never seen any of them sadly!

Third episode.

I just hope last 6 episodes are better than last 6 I saw( which weren't that good)

That last season had some killer moments, but it's definitely the weakest (or tied for weakest) season to me. It paid way too much fan service and I'm only expecting more of the same for the last six episodes. I hope I'm wrong.
    edited January 2019 Posts: 2,541

Third episode.

That last season had some killer moments, but it's definitely the weakest (or tied for weakest) season to me. It paid way too much fan service and I'm only expecting more of the same for the last six episodes. I hope I'm wrong.

Certainly, last 6 episodes had some some of the most memorable moments of the series but weakest as a whole season imho.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited January 2019 Posts: 4,343
    Season 6 was strange and different compared to the previous five, but it was a joy to watch with a few exceptional moments of television.
    Season 6 was strange and different compared to the previous five, but it was a joy to watch with a few exceptional moments of television.

It was a mixture of less episodes (doesn't help that fast, illogical pacing) combined with them getting further and further from the source material since GRRM's not finished with the books.
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 5,772
    Nice teaser. Nicer tapestry :

Want to bet that it's going to be sold in the merchandise sections soon ?
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,541
    New official photos Released by HBO few days ago :

Helen-Sloan-HBO-3-1024x968.jpg

Helen-Sloan-HBO-5-1024x927.jpg

Helen-Sloan-HBO-4-988x1024.jpg

Helen-Sloan-HBO-12-800x1121.jpg

Helen-Sloan-HBO-6-800x1050.jpg

Helen-Sloan-HBO-11-800x1104.jpg

Helen-Sloan-HBO-8-916x1024.jpg

Helen-Sloan-HBO-7-910x1024.jpg

Helen-Sloan-HBO-14.jpg

Helen-Sloan-HBO-13.jpg

Helen-Sloan-HBO-10-1024x683.jpg

Helen-Sloan-HBO-9-1024x683.jpg

Helen-Sloan-HBO-1-1024x683.jpg
    Why do they almost all wear black all of a sudden?
    Maybe because they are all taking black
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited March 2019 Posts: 2,541
    It 's going to be one hell of a finale. Bring it on
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I am being good and avoiding trailers

Nothing is spoiled in that trailer as far as I can see

That's good though I'll still avoid anything now until the season premiere.

I hope I can have this can't of kind of control when Bond25 teaser/ trailer get released lol

Yes. Most of the footage they showed comes from episodes 1 & 2.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 40,371

You and I both, not watched a single second or went out of my way to view a single image from this season. Only a few weeks to go, I want to know nothing of these final few episodes.

Don't have all that much free time lately, but I'm going to try my hardest to fly through a rewatch of the series before the season eight premiere. I figured it's the final season we'll ever get, might as well give it one more watch through since I didn't before last season's premiere.

You and I both, not watched a single second or went out of my way to view a single image from this season. Only a few weeks to go, I want to know nothing of these final few episodes.

Don't have all that much free time lately, but I'm going to try my hardest to fly through a rewatch of the series before the season eight premiere. I figured it's the final season we'll ever get, might as well give it one more watch through since I didn't before last season's premiere.

The problem I have is I can easily figure out story points in trailers not so much from lines of dialogue though from how characters are emoting or visual clues, going into the final season blind is wise I think.
    Here's the stunning final poster for S8. Drogon and the Throne. The throne and the dragons, possibly the two biggest symbols in the series about the story’s main theme: power.

D2MNyFAWsAAUOxi.jpg:large
    Good stuff. I've still seen nothing in the way of footage, this final season can't get here fast enough. Still a shame, though, that they initially talked up the lengthiness of these final six episodes, and not a single one of them is 90 minutes or longer.
    Good stuff. I've still seen nothing in the way of footage, this final season can't get here fast enough. Still a shame, though, that they initially talked up the lengthiness of these final six episodes, and not a single one of them is 90 minutes or longer.

I still hope that the last episode will run more than 80 minutes. The last one MUST be the longest ever! BTW sounds weird that both ep. 5 and 6 will share the exact runtime... so there's still a chance.
    The longest running episode seems to be episode 3, and yes, the final two have the same runtime. It's nice that the showrunner noted the final season won't experience any more nonsense time jumps or a ridiculous sense of fast pacing - but that's probably because that's all season seven was.
    There will be an exclusive two hour documentary of the series immediately following the series finale of the show:

http://collider.com/game-of-thrones-documentary-hbo/
    Looking forward to it

Here is video of show's incredible Camera work
    Anyone watch the first episode yet? Keen to get everyone's thoughts.
    I am holding off watching it I could put it on now though I want to be in the perfect frame of mind to take it all in, I know this short season is going to go quick and then it's over.