Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• edited February 2019 Posts: 2,107
    REmake2.

Fourth time for me. Both character's B scenarios were basically the same. Other than that , a worthwhile remake.

Next on to Kingdom Hearts 3.
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    X3MSonicX wrote: »
    Lately I've been playing some Online games. GTA 5 Online, Command & Conquer: Renegade and Goldeneye Source. You can find me by the nickname 'Xtreemo' on any of them (no commas). :D

Is GE Source any good?
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 3,000
    QQ7 wrote: »
    X3MSonicX wrote: »
    Lately I've been playing some Online games. GTA 5 Online, Command & Conquer: Renegade and Goldeneye Source. You can find me by the nickname 'Xtreemo' on any of them (no commas). :D

Is GE Source any good?

I really enjoy it. It’s very well made and the community is great.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Alan Wake (2012):

I didn't love this game enough! It's been several years since I played it last, I forgot how great it was. Huge applause to Remedy and especially Sam Lake who himself is one genius writer. Bless that fella.

Halfway into "Episode Four". It's everything I want from a psychological horror game. A survival horror where the hero can fight back rather than acting cowardly and run for his life. I love it!

If they ever make a film adaptation of this game, I have three actors in mind who would be perfect for Alan Wake: Keanu Reeves, Shane West and Eric Bana.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Such a fantastic game, @ClarkDevlin, it felt like a playable Stephen King novel.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter
    Streamed pt#5 in my play through of this game. I'm currently on the second case, A Study In Green.

Grand Theft Auto V Online
    Only played a little so far, haven't run into any griefers... yet.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 15,423
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Such a fantastic game, @ClarkDevlin, it felt like a playable Stephen King novel.
    Indeed, Creasy. Just finished the main storyline, and I'll get down with the specials either tonight or tomorrow.

I love how Remedy heavily paid homage to Twin Peaks in the entirety of the game without having to mimic the story, plot or the main punchline of the aforementioned TV series. From the settings to supporting/minor characters, a fan of that show will adore Alan Wake.

And as always, I love listening to James McCaffrey's voice. Having him as the past writer Thomas Zane guiding Alan Wake through the darkness was a really nice touch. Not to mention, he also voices the protagonist of Wake's detective novels, Alan Casey, who is Max Payne under an umbrella.

Also... Did you recognize who was voicing Barry Wheeler? Geez, I'd recognize that voice from a mile away whenever I hear it! :))
    @ClarkDevlin, isn't there even an in-universe series that plays on televisions throughout the game world? I recall there being something like that, but it's been so, so many years since I last played it (back when I owned a 360 - those were the days).

McCaffrey does have a great voice, he's so synonymous with Max Payne, to me.

As for me, I picked up the Complete Edition of The Witcher 3 solely so I can play through the entire game again and unlock all of the trophies once more. It'll take ages and will likely get aggravating in some parts, but this game made such an impact when I finished it early last year, and I've been craving a replay ever since. I don't play games anywhere near the level I used to, though, so I won't be surprised if it takes me a year to complete it all once more.
    Indeed there was, Creasy. Night Springs which is a non-comedic parody of The Twilight Zone. Remedy did this kind of thing with Max Payne, as well.

I’m guessing one of those inner-universe TV shows from Max Payne, titled Address Unknown inspired them to expand on the psychological horror angle that later became Alan Wake.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Next up will be Sniper Elite 3, which I have already started

I still need to play that one.

Had great fun with it. And then went straight on to Sniper Elite 4 which is even better. Set during the Italy campaign. Great graphics, gameplay and plenty to do to get those trophies!
    Really hoping that there is a Sniper Elite 5 in the works!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Next up will be Sniper Elite 3, which I have already started

I still need to play that one.

Had great fun with it. And then went straight on to Sniper Elite 4 which is even better. Set during the Italy campaign. Great graphics, gameplay and plenty to do to get those trophies!
    Really hoping that there is a Sniper Elite 5 in the works!

Sniper Elite 4was one of the first games I bought for my PS4 (actually I think it was the 2nd game), and I still like to dip back in now and then. I need to finish off some of the trophies:

'Are You Insane?'
    'Variety is the Spice of Death'*
    'The Collector'
    'A Bird in the Hand...'
    'Greatest Hits'
    'Channel Changer'
    'The Best of the Best of the Best'.**

While it was fun to play as Karl again, I wasn't as keen on Zombie Army Trilogy. It was... ok. Rebellion have made two games since the last Sniper Elite, so here's hoping Sniper Elite 5 is up next.

* This one is proving to be tricky.
    ** This one, I am NOT looking forward to.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Currently playing through The Spy Who Shot Me on PC. I’m thoroughly enjoying it, and glad to see it’s out of beta and in its full release. My only issue is that the recent update removed all my beta save games, so now I have to start over. Oh well, I wasn’t too far in and the game is definitely worth replaying. The sense of humor in this game is phenomenal.
    Following the recent news from Rebellion regarding the Sniper Elite series, I took the opportunity to finally get around to playing/streaming Sniper Elite 3: Ultimate Edition.

Mission 3: Halfaya Pass

Even on Normal difficulty, this one is more challenging to play than the following game on the same difficulty, due in no small part to the lack of suppressed ammo in SE3. Also, I think the enemy is sensitive in this game. Or maybe it is a little more realistic than in SN4.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    MUD RUNNER quite enjoying this game on Xbox One X, I feel like I am in the movie Sorcerer
    MUD RUNNER quite enjoying this game on Xbox One X, I feel like I am in the movie Sorcerer

The mud physics are worth playing Mudrunner for, alone.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

I use the winch even when I don't need it, this game indeed has great physics.
    The original BioShock. Finished it in two nights. Hell of a game.

Now, would you kindly find a crowbar or something?
    Hurry up and get to the submarine, would you kindly?

Love it. Have you gotten to play the other installments? I played and loved Bioshock for years until I picked up the collection of the three on the PS4. Bioshock 2 was fairly solid, but Bioshock Infinite really blew me away in how fresh it felt.

Love it. Have you gotten to play the other installments? I played and loved Bioshock for years until I picked up the collection of the three on the PS4. Bioshock 2 was fairly solid, but Bioshock Infinite really blew me away in how fresh it felt.
    BioShock 2 was serviceable. Nothing special, in my opinion. It was just a rehash of the first game's storyline with tweaks done here and there. I've yet to play Infinite, but I hear a lot of good things about it. Judging by the videos I've seen online, I'm one to prefer Infinite over the second game by a wide margin.

BioShock 2 was serviceable. Nothing special, in my opinion. It was just a rehash of the first game's storyline with tweaks done here and there. I've yet to play Infinite, but I hear a lot of good things about it. Judging by the videos I've seen online, I'm one to prefer Infinite over the second game by a wide margin.

Same here, Bioshock 2 was vastly different from the others in terms of quality.

Because Ken Levine wasn't involved. So, the job was left to lukewarm imitators.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 13,882

It's a deceptive game too. It looks sedate, but there are moments like this (shameless plug incoming)...

I really thought the trailer was going to tip over. "No, no, no, no..."
    edited April 2019 Posts: 40,371

Exactly. I still hold out the tiniest of hopes that someday we'll get another installment in some form or another.

Also, I've not had the free time to game as much as I'd like these days, but I hear a remastered Borderlands is releasing tomorrow for only $30, I might have to pick that up. Loved that first game so much.

It's a deceptive game too. It looks sedate, but there are moments like this (shameless plug incoming)...

I really thought the trailer was going to tip over. "No, no, no, no..."

I have not got to that stage yet though that looks pretty cool, to be honest I don't mind sedate periods in games on occasion it allows you to take in the environment. The mechanics of the game is what hooked me

Exactly. I still hold out the tiniest of hopes that someday we'll get another installment in some form or another.

Also, I've not had the free time to game as much as I'd like these days, but I hear a remastered Borderlands is releasing tomorrow for only $30, I might have to pick that up. Loved that first game so much.
    Oh, there already is a new BioShock game in development. 2K Marin was working on it at first, and now Hangar 13 has taken over the project. Its working title is Parkside, for now. Unfortunately, however, Levine won't be involved due to personal reasons.

Oh, there already is a new BioShock game in development. 2K Marin was working on it at first, and now Hangar 13 has taken over the project. Its working title is Parkside, for now. Unfortunately, however, Levine won't be involved due to personal reasons.

Time to tamper those inevitable expectations, then, if Levine is out.

Agreed. We're looking at another BioShock 2, methinks.

Agreed. We're looking at another BioShock 2, methinks.

As unfortunate as that is. You'd think after all these years, if they were to deliver another Bioshock, they'd be going out of their ways to try and develop the best one yet, but my cynicism tells me that won't be the case.

Speaking of old, beloved series that need another installment, I'm still awaiting a new Splinter Cell title.