No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

They've been auditioning since November 2017. I don't get what eon have been doing all this time I really dont
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    They've been auditioning since November 2017. I don't get what eon have been doing all this time I really dont
    Have you missed everything that's happened? Or you just finding an excuse to complain?
    Why couldn't they cast minor roles such as the CIA agent in early 2018 and have them locked in. The only excuse would be they started from scratch after Boyle was fired
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Have you missed everything that's happened? Or you just finding an excuse to complain?

Guys, I’m suddenly starting to have a very good feeling about Bond 25. Because of all these recent news my impression is that EON is still very much interested in making Bond 25 a very unique Bond film.
    Guys, I’m suddenly starting to have a very good feeling about Bond 25. Because of all these recent news my impression is that EON is still very much interested in making Bond 25 a very unique Bond film.

One with a fleming title
    Risico007 wrote: »

One with a fleming title

I'd even be satisfied with a solid Fleming chapter title.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Why couldn't they cast minor roles such as the CIA agent in early 2018 and have them locked in. The only excuse would be they started from scratch after Boyle was fired
    ...it's not really an excuse, it's a valid reason for not casting a film. They had no script, and it wasn't reported that Danny Boyle was leaving till August 2018, so they were finding a new director. Fukunaga was announced in September, so they've been working on the new script since then. It's already been mentioned that the Bond producers were trying to get Burns since December, and finally managed to get him on after he finished working on his own project, meanwhile Purvis and Wade with Fukunaga, we now know, were working on a new script. All the while, they're trying to get Malek involved.

As for the CIA agent and the Bond girls, who knows how far they've got with casting for those. We now know Lupita isn't involved, but when this was confirmed with the producers we don't know. Magnussen isn't a safe bet. The other Bond girl might already be cast, maybe she's an unknown so it wouldn't be possible for journalists to pick it up because either they don't see it as a scoop or they don't have access to it. Casting can happen whenever during production, just because we don't know the full names of people, doesn't mean it's an issue. We don't know anything for sure until the press conference, so all these scoops and articles will be long forgotten by then.
    I'm really hoping Eon pull the same feat they did with Malek with Nyong'o. Remember, he wasn't going to be in Bond 25 until he was. Perhaps, Cary Fukunaga can work his magic. After all, he both him and Nyong'o seem close.
    Also @Pierce2Daniel, in response to your hopes for Lupita, unfortunately I don't see it working out. It's a lot easier for Malek I guess because his commitments are for one television show, which they've worked out by the looks of things. It's a lot more difficult for Lupita because not only will she have the press junket for Us coming up, but then she has a multitude of film projects on her plate. I would've loved to see her in a Bond film, but these hopes have been dashed, but still exciting because now we get to see who else is gonna step up to the plate. My fingers are still crossed for Sonoya Mizuno, and I'm never gonna shut up about her haha :D

One with a fleming title
    You will be really disappointed if you really are expecting a Fleming title.
    How about one of Fleming's proposed titles for Moonraker:

WIDE OF THE MARK

That sounds about right for this project.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Well clearly the title’s gonna be Live and Let Die II: Baron Samedi’s Revenge
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    Fleming titles were useful as long as they maintained the illusion that the films were still "based" on the books of the original writer, even if it wasn't the case for a long time. That's not a selling point anymore. They then tried to use "Flemingian" titles, and it resulted instead in various permutations of "die" or "kill". By this point, fans should be mostly happy if the plot is as tight as in the original novels, if the situations are as thrilling as in the books or the early films rather than the producers trying desperately to use the title of a short story 99.9% of the population doesn't know (or has forgotten) for a major production.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited March 2019 Posts: 2,541
    Well clearly the title’s gonna be Live and Let Die II: Baron Samedi’s Revenge

UnconsciousTornAllensbigearedbat-small.gif

Sure why not.
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    search?q=antonia+thomas&tbm=isch&tbs=isz:l&client=ms-android-samsung&prmd=ivn&hl=en&ved=2ahUKEwjn4-SI1uHgAhUS8BoKHQc6DXwQlJcCegQIARAE&biw=412&bih=718#imgrc=BI4J6d2KoQlw5M

I'd choose Antonia Thomas in place of her. Stunning, talented, and has a great screen presence.
    https://goo.gl/images/PcJFS2

Still not sure how to share images on here. Sorry.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 17,272

Antonia_Thomas-1-835x1113.jpg

@DrClatterhand Copy the image link instead of the Google image page link, and you're good to go!

@DrClatterhand Copy the image link instead of the Google image page link, and you're good to go!

Many thanks!!!

Many thanks!!!

She's got lovely... Features.

One with a fleming title
    You will be really disappointed if you really are expecting a Fleming title.

So what is the title then? since you know please share with all of us.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited March 2019 Posts: 12,459
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    bondbat007 wrote: »
    I don't get how people don't think "Property of a Lady" isn't a great Bond title. If it had been the title of Dalton's 3rd film as rumored, nobody would have bat an eye. I think if a future film has a female villain it would be the perfect title but I certainly think it will be used one day at least.

I do like POAL as a title, but I fear it sounds too tame, and too much like a period drama for wider international audiences, for it ever to be used now. I do recall, as we were wrapping up LTK post, there was a list of potential titles being discussed in the production office, and (as the editing team) we were asked our opinions, and at the time, "Shaken Not Stirred" (which I didn't personally like) was being mooted for Dalton's potential 3rd film, but I never heard POAL mentioned.
    You and I on the same page here. Also additionally interesting to learn of Shaken Not Stirred being considered (but not POAL). I really enjoyed Timothy's Bond.

As for now ... I hope Cary/Eon come up with a good title, of course. Doesn't have to be Fleming. When Spectre was revealed as the title, it was so flatly disappointing to me. Seemed terribly unimaginative (especially after all the leaks). Then I decided that it was just a slap in the face, blunt, so here-you-go, yeah its Spectre! And Blofeld, so there. And that made it easier for me to accept it. It's not terrible, just meh for me.

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Escalus5 wrote: »

WIDE OF THE MARK

I’d definitely be down with this. Sounds mysterious and Bondian.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    But ... Wide Of The Mark sounds like the alternate title for Skyfall ... ;)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I like Wide of the Mark a lot.
    Take me away ?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited March 2019 Posts: 10,588
    Escalus5 wrote: »

WIDE OF THE MARK

I’d definitely be down with this. Sounds mysterious and Bondian.
    I'd be down for some fan art for this title.

She’s beautiful! :)

• SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    The Wizard Of Ice sounds okay, provided it fits plotwise.
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires

Many thanks!!!

She is attractive! I wasn't too fond of Lupita for Bond.
    The Wizard Of Ice sounds okay, provided it fits plotwise.

there are strong titles in each of the bond novels
    A whisper of love a Whisper of Hate
    The Secret Agent
    Death For Breakfast
    Garden of Death

I can't find the chapter titles on line and I am at work but yeah each film has its own
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited March 2019 Posts: 2,541
    I don't why but I was getting quite fascinated with
    Once Upon A Spy
    Excellent article, @peter !

The great thing about today is that we are one day closer to the start of the production (whenever that may be).

And once we do get a title, everyone can start arguing about the song! ;-)