No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    077 wrote: »
    Very likely a flashback - this fits very well into the theory I posted a few weeks back about Madeleine having been set up to meet Bond by her very own father. Now I could see why: 1) Those two intruders could be Mi6 agents (so there has been a revenge situation for both sides all along) 2) Those two intruders could have been Mi6 agents PLUS maybe just maybe, Bond's parents?!!!
    The first scenario is something I wouldn't mind seeing at all.
  • 077077 ny
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Very likely a flashback - this fits very well into the theory I posted a few weeks back about Madeleine having been set up to meet Bond by her very own father. Now I could see why: 1) Those two intruders could be Mi6 agents (so there has been a revenge situation for both sides all along) 2) Those two intruders could have been Mi6 agents PLUS maybe just maybe, Bond's parents?!!!

That would be fascinating! I certainly hope they're doing something clever like this with the story.

I think so, too! Here's what I had posted a while back:
    Food for thought ... I re-watched Spectre last weekend and had this crazy thought. Mr. White is a smart man. He knew about Blofeld's Bond obsession. He knew about his own impending death. He knew Bond would come to find him first. He had all video cameras on him ready to record the interaction. He knew Blofeld's henchmen would show up soon after and, of course, go through his footage. Mr White revealing his daughter, her location, sending Bond after her and with him the entire Blofeld gang - IMO - on purpose, and planned. Mr White had a deeper mission. All along he had the plan to use Bond to bring down Blofeld, and place Madeleine on top of Spectre. But first Madeleine needs to bring down Bond. Bringing him down can mean making him inactive or ... kill him. Funny enough, a friend gave me a spinoff book from the 70s called the Golden Ghost and in it is a character called: Madam Spectra. So here we have another title idea. "Spectra"... and to make it even more interesting. Bond probably suspects something. He is smart enough to know Mr White would not make those rookie mistakes. He has also learned from his past experiences with women and doesn't trust anyone. He plays along to find out what the real mission is behind all of this.

I would love a direction like this because this would explain the bad chemistry between bond and Madeleine as well as the quick development of their relationship.
  • echoecho 007 in New York

That would be fascinating! I certainly hope they're doing something clever like this with the story.

I'd rather it just be about Swann. The last thing Bond's backstory needs after Swann is *more* "author of your pain" moments.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    echo wrote: »

I'd rather it just be about Swann. The last thing Bond's backstory needs after Swann is *more* "author of your pain" moments.
    Definitely don't want to see any more of Bond's childhood explored.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Not so sure how’d I feel about seeing Bond with a child. To me it’s out of character, especially for Craig’s Bond.

If this news about a little girl who presumably resembles Seydoux is true, I’d wager a guess it’s going to be a flashback. There must be something significant about what happened to her when she was little.

the main reason why she was brought back to begin with
    Not so sure how’d I feel about seeing Bond with a child. To me it’s out of character, especially for Craig’s Bond.

If this news about a little girl who presumably resembles Seydoux is true, I’d wager a guess it’s going to be a flashback. There must be something significant about what happened to her when she was little.

Yes, a flashback seems more likely.

Now is anyone willing to bet Swann is a Spectre agent?

Not gonna lie, I’d like this idea.

it would be a nice twist
    And now it all makes sense. Guys, we’ve figured out a major plot point over a year in advance XD
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    .Well I really do not want Swann to be a Spectre agent; no.
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    Yeah Bond protecting a child is just horrendous... plus if it's his and she's now 12, he's suppose to be what almost 60? They're not going to do that.
    So then in theory
    wouldn't she be the main villain of Bond 25... shrugs
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    jake24 wrote: »
    Anyone else noticing the parallel between a possible flashback scene with Swann and Blofeld to the opening scene in Inglorious Bastards? Seydoux's character's family is killed by Hans Landa (Waltz), but she manages to escape him.
    At the time Léa said the scene was a nod to Inglorious Basterds but of course Christoph denied it!
    well we know why security was placed there and i dont blame eon after what happened to spectre
    .Well I really do not want Swann to be a Spectre agent; no.

all i want is something interesting weather she is good or bad
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    Risico007 wrote: »
    So then in theory
    wouldn't she be the main villain of Bond 25... shrugs
    The potential flashback is most likely meant to add weight to the character. I would guess so that her leaving the plot is more meaningful to Bond or because she plays a larger role. I would guess the first over the second. They already tried the retcon villain route with SPECTRE.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 3,126
    im not really for a child in Bond 25 either all i do want is a thriller for Craig's finale
    Amazed that casting notice gives away so much.
  • ThunderballsThunderballs Brighton, UK
    With all these spoilers flying about, I'm going to check out of this thread.
    All discussion re. the plot should be kept in spoiler tags, shouldn't it?
  • They should cast Ekaterina Samsonov from You Were Never Really Here

you-were-never-really-here-2-ekaterina-samsonov-as-nina.png
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 14,799
    Denbigh wrote: »
    leas_mole wrote: »
    With regards to the recent spoiler...
    I am just wondering if EON would ever use another/external casting company?
    The reason being these tweets from January which I thought would have been one of Lea's future non-Bond projects..... but I am not so sure now!

Rough Google translation - not sure if they mean't Lea's daughter or a young Lea?

For the filming of a feature film with Léa Seydoux, casting director is looking for the following profile:

- a 12-year-old girl (age 10 to 14), blonde with blue eyes.

It will be to interpret Léa Seydoux child. Physical resemblance is very important. Your daughter must be athletic, with character and confidence. The child will have to know how to swim and be comfortable in the water. Important role.

It is not necessary to have experience to apply. The casting will take place in Paris in January.

Please apply by sending the following:
    - recent color photos
    - surname, first name, date of birth, size, class
    - full contact details of the parents

Mention "Lea Seydoux child"

Well this seems to pretty much confirm it. Interesting.

Well it could be for another movie... Okay maybe not.
    I must say, as much as I'm skeptical about flashbacks, I'd rather have a young Lea Seydoux than Bond Junior.
    Yeah, I'd prefer of we kept these theories in spoiler tags. Discussing the details of the article is one thing but please be mindful of those who still want to follow production but don't want to know any major spoilers. Thanks.
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    edited February 2019 Posts: 467
    This speculation makes little sense.
    It has shades of Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me, where Liz Hurley is retconned to be a fembot, in a scene that plays for laughs. Swann wasn't a great partner to Bond, not as much as the script assumed that she was, but turning her into a villain, a sleeper agent with an origins story is a terrible idea.

Also, it would confuse audiences, after four years and a half. "Hey, this is the young version of the very forgettable love interest for Bond in Spectre, Whatshername Swann. So, she's back? And she's actually a villain? Yawn..."

Sure, MI:Fallout had a returning Ilsa Faust in a part intended to be ambiguous at the beginning, but Rebecca Ferguson had made a much bigger impression in Rogue Nation, with more screen time, and there was just a three-year gap.

I think that the footage of a young Madeleine running through the lake and diving into it will work in parallel with a scene where an adult Madeleine is in a similar life and death situation, but ultimately loses the fight. It would show (rather than tell) that she was indeed a doomed character, faced with violence and the loss of her innocence at a young age, something that Spectre wasn't able to suggest. It would give her weight, and some kind of connection with Bond's own take on life, before she dies, justifying Bond's mourning and will for a revenge. So, I agree with Bentley007.

And it's impossible for the child actor to be Léa Seydoux' child with Bond. The child should look like the two of them. So, we'd have a blue-eyed blonde girl who looks like Seydoux but also has a grumpy face and very large ears, accompanied by constant noises of "Pierce's daughter would have been so much better" for her first appearance.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 4,619
    So
    it will be a flashback scene. Disappointing. Crazy theory: Madeleine and not Bond will be the central character of Bond 25.
    Yeah, I'd prefer of we kept these theories in spoiler tags. Discussing the details of the article is one thing but please be mindful of those who still want to follow production but don't want to know any major spoilers. Thanks.
    You posted major spoilers without spoiler tags on the previous page. Just saying...
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    TripAces wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    By the way, if people wanna see more concept art from Spectre, or even some behind the scenes pictures, there are loads just below. It's where I found the dinner/poker concept art from the earlier draft...

https://imgur.com/a/2fupc/layout/grid

Thank you. I have not seen any of that art. Some things stood out immediately:

1. Plans for the PTS to be set at night. That would have been bad@ass.
    2. One of the ideas for the boat chase was through underground sewers? This would have worked better than what we got.
    3. What is with the house at the bottom of that cavern? What is the cavern?
    4. The large screens, showing Spectre activity was quite cool. Missed opportunity there. Also, the concept art did a better job of illustrating what the "observatory" was used for.

Thinking about what SPECTRE could have been makes me very depressed. There were so many cool ideas which would have made SPECTRE one of the very best Bond movies yet we got a mess of a film. Too bad. Too bad indeed.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Yes, a flashback seems more likely.

Now is anyone willing to bet Swann is a Spectre agent?

Not gonna lie, I’d like this idea.

it would be a nice twist

Yep, it would help to create more empathy and in turn the connection with Bond more meaningful.

It has shades of Austin Powers in Goldmember, where Liz Hurley is retconned to be a fembot, in a scene that plays for laughs. Swann wasn't a great partner to Bond, not as much as the script assumed that she was, but turning her into a villain, a sleeper agent with an origins story is a terrible idea.

Also, it would confuse audiences, after four years and a half. "Hey, this is the young version of the very forgettable love interest for Bond in Spectre, Whatshername Swann. So, she's back? And she's actually a villain? Yawn..."

Sure, MI:Fallout had a returning Ilsa Faust in a part intended to be ambiguous at the beginning, but Rebecca Ferguson had made a much bigger impression in Rogue Nation, with more screen time, and there was just a three-year gap.

I think that the footage of a young Madeleine running through the lake and diving into it will work in parallel with a scene where an adult Madeleine is in a similar life and death situation, but ultimately loses the fight. It would show (rather than tell) that she was indeed a doomed character, faced with violence and the loss of her innocence at a young age, something that Spectre wasn't able to suggest. It would give her weight, and some kind of connection with Bond's own take on life, before she dies, justifying Bond's mourning and will for a revenge.

I like what you wrote a lot.
    It has shades of Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me, where Liz Hurley is retconned to be a fembot, in a scene that plays for laughs. Swann wasn't a great partner to Bond, not as much as the script assumed that she was, but turning her into a villain, a sleeper agent with an origins story is a terrible idea.

I think that the footage of a young Madeleine running through the lake and diving into it will work in parallel with a scene where an adult Madeleine is in a similar life and death situation, but ultimately loses the fight. It would show (rather than tell) that she was indeed a doomed character, faced with violence and the loss of her innocence at a young age, something that Spectre wasn't able to suggest. It would give her weight, and some kind of connection with Bond's own take on life, before she dies, justifying Bond's mourning and will for a revenge. So, I agree with Bentley007.

And it's impossible for the child actor to be Léa Seydoux' child with Bond. The child should look like the two of them. So, we'd have a blue-eyed blonde girl who looks like Seydoux but also has a grumpy face and very large ears, accompanied by constant noises of "Pierce's daughter would have been so much better" for her first appearance.
    Swann dying at the beginning of the movie and then the rest of the film being a revenge film would be even more boring and predictable than the scenario you are arguing against.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 10,586
    So
    it will be a flashback scene. Disappointing. Crazy theory: Madeleine and not Bond will be the central character of Bond 25.
    You posted major spoilers without spoiler tags on the previous page. Just saying...
    I don't see how comparing the vague details of what we already know to an unreleated film is a major spoiler, considering many have already been making the comparison for years.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    It has shades of Austin Powers in Goldmember, where Liz Hurley is retconned to be a fembot, in a scene that plays for laughs. Swann wasn't a great partner to Bond, not as much as the script assumed that she was, but turning her into a villain, a sleeper agent with an origins story is a terrible idea.

I think that the footage of a young Madeleine running through the lake and diving into it will work in parallel with a scene where an adult Madeleine is in a similar life and death situation, but ultimately loses the fight. It would show (rather than tell) that she was indeed a doomed character, faced with violence and the loss of her innocence at a young age, something that Spectre wasn't able to suggest. It would give her weight, and some kind of connection with Bond's own take on life, before she dies, justifying Bond's mourning and will for a revenge.

I like what you wrote a lot.
    Me too. Makes a lot more sense.
    VG also quoting the Romerikes Blad article. Unfortunately, the article doesn't provide any additional details (but sums up what we've learned so far pretty well).
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 1,680
    So clearly there's more to the story between the Whites, Oberhausers, and Bond. I think waltz is coming back. You can't delve into Madeline without finishing blofelds story.