Mission: Impossible - films and tv series

Comments

Interesting thoughts,
    "Your mission, should you choose to accept it"
    "No thanks"

Not much drama in that. Unless there was something really compelling concerning why he would refuse.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    patb wrote: »
    Interesting thoughts,
    "Your mission, should you choose to accept it"
    "No thanks"

Not much drama in that. Unless there was something really compelling concerning why he would refuse.
    I agree and of course it would all depend on how it's done.

They would certainly have to make it more dramatic, but in the end, I'd prefer if he makes a choice. It would be poignant and fitting after all of the sacrifices he has made. My hope is that he chooses to retire with Ilsa.
    He can't retire with Ilsa as she's taking over the team :-)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Good point.

Ok, White Widow then. I just would like to see the guy ride off into the sunset eventually. A happy ending. We can leave the death to the other series.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    I think what people are not getting is the social significance of Black Panther. Whilst both films are both great in their own ways, Fallout didn't necessarily capture the imaginations of many people the same way Black Panther did, which is really what the Academy looks for these days.

Black Panther was there to fill diversity quotas. Nothing more. Don't kid yourself.

There are far better Marvel films and MI:Fallout was far superior.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I think what people are not getting is the social significance of Black Panther. Whilst both films are both great in their own ways, Fallout didn't necessarily capture the imaginations of many people the same way Black Panther did, which is really what the Academy looks for these days.

Black Panther was there to fill diversity quotas. Nothing more. Don't kid yourself.

There are far better Marvel films and MI:Fallout was far superior.

+1
    +2
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    bondjames wrote: »
    Good point.

Ok, White Widow then. I just would like to see the guy ride off into the sunset eventually. A happy ending. We can leave the death to the other series.

Like Bond.
    The M:I films are known for switching their tone, and Tom Cruise seems to be very fond of old movies. So why not have a 50s/60s style Rom com in the veign of Cary Grant films with Ethan trying to settle down with Ilsa in the South of France, while Ilsa constantly gets Texts on her mobile calling her to coordinate some Mission :-)?

boldfinger wrote: »
    The M:I films are known for switching their tone, and Tom Cruise seems to be very fond of old movies. So why not have a 50s/60s style Rom com in the veign of Cary Grant films with Ethan trying to settle down with Ilsa in the South of France, while Ilsa constantly gets Texts on her mobile calling her to coordinate some Mission :-)?

Ethan Hunt, The “Cat”? ;)

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    talos7 wrote: »
    Ethan Hunt, The “Cat”? ;)
    I think they'll go for something as in "The Spook". ;)
    :)
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited March 2019 Posts: 4,440
    Mi6: Fall Out get another view in the Dutch cinema.
    € 15,00 for a 3D ticket.
    https://www.pathe.nl/film/22697/mission-impossible-fallout?bioscoop=arena&bioscoop=demunt
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Great news, IMHO. Does the back to back idea align with the fact that Cruise can't go of forever? And, if so, will the second of these two see him say goodbye?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Terrific news!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    So he thinks he can top Fallout?

tenor.gif?itemid=7810612

Proceed...
    I think I'm in the minority where I'm not too keen on McQuarrie returning. I thought the writing for Fallout was quite messy, and tampered my enjoyment of the film upon multiple rewatches. I am worried that with McQuarrie returning, it takes out that fresh voice the franchise has always had up until Fallout.
    I think I'm in the minority where I'm not too keen on McQuarrie returning. I thought the writing for Fallout was quite messy, and tampered my enjoyment of the film upon multiple rewatches. I am worried that with McQuarrie returning, it takes out that fresh voice the franchise has always had up until Fallout.

I like McQuarrie, but I agree the writing was messy. I liked the Fallout, but confess I still have not bothered to buy it on Blu-ray yet, which is odd since I did buy the last 3 the week they came out.

However, being distracted by news about the new MI films will keep me from spoilers for Bond 25.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

Same here I liked what he did in Rogue Nation it's probably my favorite of all. I am always keen on who will take on the next mission .
    If they make M:I 7 and 8 for release in ´21 and ´22, and Top Gun Maverick is released in ´20, then when is Tom going to learn fly a fighter Jet? I thought TG was pushed back so he can do that?
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    If they make M:I 7 and 8 for release in ´21 and ´22, and Top Gun Maverick is released in ´20, then when is Tom going to learn fly a fighter Jet? I thought TG was pushed back so he can do that?

I read somewhere that he had been preparing way before fallout to fly a jet.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2019 Posts: 15,690
    @Creasy47 Now that Mission: Impossible 7 and John Wick: Chapter 4 are both coming out in 2021, which one of these 2 films are you the most excited for?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Creasy47 Now that Mission: Impossible 7 and John Wick: Chapter 4 are both coming out in 2021, which one of these 2 films are you the most excited for?

Damn, it's tough to say. I want to pick the latter, just because Chapter 3 is so fresh in my mind currently, but I can't believe we're getting back to back M:I installments, either. I have no doubt they'll all be fantastic and unique in their own right. How about you?
    I'll tell you when I see Wick 3 tomorrow evening ;-) But in all honestly, I would pick M:I:7 over John Wick. No disrespect to Chahelski or Reeves, but I prefer spy/adventure films, so by default M:I wins for me. Just like I'd pick Bond over any action franchises.
    I'll tell you when I see Wick 3 tomorrow evening ;-) But in all honestly, I would pick M:I:7 over John Wick. No disrespect to Chahelski or Reeves, but I prefer spy/adventure films, so by default M:I wins for me. Just like I'd pick Bond over any action franchises.

Nothing wrong with that assessment whatsoever. I'm expecting a nice, bombastic cliffhanger for M:I7 to leave audiences dying for the next installment a year later. I'm still totally clueless on how they're going to manage to heighten the action, choreography and stunt sequences after Fallout, but I know they will.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

I really doubt that he will be flying a fighter jet. I think those reports were quashed not long after they surfaced.

He might be Tom Cruise, and he might be a qualified private pilot, but he's still just a civilian and the jet is extremely expensive Government property at $70million upwards per plane. It's more likely that the delay to TG2 was to accommadate the inclusion of some of the Navy's new hardware so it would get some media exposure.

But, in this case, I would be delighted if I was wrong as the thoughts of Cruise flying a F-18 is pretty awesome.
    I mean, he's spending an extra year learning how to fly a jet for the new Top Gun. At least that's what was reported, anyway, I'd be surprised if the push in production was for another reason. Seems an odd thing to lie about in a movie that's about jets being flown.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited May 2019 Posts: 8,028
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I mean, he's spending an extra year learning how to fly a jet for the new Top Gun. At least that's what was reported, anyway, I'd be surprised if the push in production was for another reason. Seems an odd thing to lie about in a movie that's about jets being flown.

Depends on who is telling the lie, @Creasy47 ;)

https://ew.com/movies/2018/11/09/tom-cruise-top-gun-maverick-fly-jet/
    I guess we'll have to see what their definition of "aircraft" ends up being. I wonder if it won't be something heavily akin to a jet, with all the respective elements removed so it's not violating any sort of US military law. Sounds interesting either way, though! Ashamed to say I've never seen the original, I'll have to change that before Maverick drops.