New members - introduce yourself

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    InTheWind wrote: »
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Welcome, @InTheWind! I concur entirely with your top pick :)

fist bump

Is that what the F stands for?
  • InTheWind wrote: »

fist bump

Not sure what you're referring to. Do you mean the meme "Pay F for Respects"?
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Hello :) I'm new to the club, having watched the entire series over the last couple of months. I really enjoyed the project. This forums seems like a cool, positive place, so I'm happy to have found it. As is common, I believe, I ranked the Bond films. Here's my list.

https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/comment/951261/#Comment_951261

Always a warm welcome for Daylights fans!

fist bump

never heard of that.
  • InTheWind wrote: »

fist bump

never heard of that.

Haha, OK. I guess we'll just move on.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Welcome aboard @InTheWind! Do you know the way the wind blows?
    Dragonpol wrote: »

The answer is in there.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

The answer is in there.

Or perhaps out there!
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    Hello :) I'm new to the club, having watched the entire series over the last couple of months. I really enjoyed the project. This forums seems like a cool, positive place, so I'm happy to have found it. As is common, I believe, I ranked the Bond films. Here's my list.

https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/comment/951261/#Comment_951261

Always a warm welcome for Daylights fans!

Better make that two...
    Hello all! For some reason I never popped over here and made any postings. I think I had an old account back during the older version. I've been on AJB007 and BondandBeyond, and you may know me on other boards as captainsolo.

I'm a lifelong Bond fanatic who can't go a day without musing on the character, series or novels. I've written many articles and online research posts keeping the Bond flag flying and decided it was time to finally join in here. My main focus in the past few years has been researching the video history of the film series and trying to determine the most accurate presentations of the original series.

I love every series entry and will defend them even when acknowledging their flaws. But, to those who aren't aware I'm one who draws the line in the sand at 2006 onwards. I admire EON for still fighting the good fight in terms of keeping the series alive but hate the actual films they produce because they seem to have thrown away the character. I like Craig as an actor but feel he is miscast.

On Bond forums and sites I feel I can be much more open about my fandom and obsessions. But I like to put that disclaimer up so folks won't be put off by just how much I can't stand the modern films. Then again, I can never bring up any novel or deeper factoid anywhere else without getting the blank stare of doom. ;)
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Welcome aboard @hegottheboot_ love the username.
    Look forward to reading your views on our beloved series.
    Hope you enjoy your time.
    Come on in. Enjoy.
  • Welcome To MI6!
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Hello all! For some reason I never popped over here and made any postings. I think I had an old account back during the older version. I've been on AJB007 and BondandBeyond, and you may know me on other boards as captainsolo.

I'm a lifelong Bond fanatic who can't go a day without musing on the character, series or novels. I've written many articles and online research posts keeping the Bond flag flying and decided it was time to finally join in here. My main focus in the past few years has been researching the video history of the film series and trying to determine the most accurate presentations of the original series.

I love every series entry and will defend them even when acknowledging their flaws. But, to those who aren't aware I'm one who draws the line in the sand at 2006 onwards. I admire EON for still fighting the good fight in terms of keeping the series alive but hate the actual films they produce because they seem to have thrown away the character. I like Craig as an actor but feel he is miscast.

On Bond forums and sites I feel I can be much more open about my fandom and obsessions. But I like to put that disclaimer up so folks won't be put off by just how much I can't stand the modern films. Then again, I can never bring up any novel or deeper factoid anywhere else without getting the blank stare of doom. ;)

Welcome. We can have some healthy debate about Mr Craig I'm sure. Looking forward to your input.
    Welcome to MI6, @hegottheboot_! I recognise your username from the other forums. This is certainly the place to discuss the Bond novels so feel free to dip in and contribute in our literary 007 section. :)
    Thanks all! Always nice to have an online place to post things like thoughts in a DB III.
  • aks1113aks1113 ...how the hell do we get those diamonds down again?
    Hi! I've been a longtime JB fan and here seems a great place to discuss one of my favourite movie franchises.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    aks1113 wrote: »
    Hi! I've been a longtime JB fan and here seems a great place to discuss one of my favourite movie franchises.

Welcome.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Welcome to the site @aks1113
    Welcome aboard @aks1113 x tell us more about you !
    not much about me really lol, i got into bond with Moore and ive been hooked ever since, ty for the warm welcome!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Welcome to the forum, aks. I discovered Bond with Moore too, via films FYEO and TSWLM. Do you have an interest in other areas of Bond, other than the films? Novels, games, collecting etc. Is your username a reference to the AKS rifle?
    edited March 2019 Posts: 6
    yeah ive read two of the novels so far (DAF, OHMSS), quite liked them, and i know the basic plot premises of all the others which i couldnt get my hands on. i have some of the games and yeah AKS is a reference to the rifle.
    Nice one, I have an AK in my collection. "It's waterproof, of course."
    "Quite titillating!"
    Welcome to the asylum aks1113!!!! Lol!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Welcome to the asylum aks1113!!!! Lol!

Yes, aks yourself if you really want to enter here. If you do, welcome!
    GOO7D timing. The fun is about to start!
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Not exactly new...
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    Not exactly new...

Welcome back @JamesCraig!