No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    tumblr_ow6z2c0sma1rjupavo1_500.jpg

I wonder if Bond came up in conversation.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I'm all for a proper action-based Bond Girl. Rather I have a competent Bond Girl than one that only appears to be but falls flat on her face. Looking at you, Madeleine Swann.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Red_Snow wrote: »

Wow! Forgot about this picture. Nice find.
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan

Recent photo?
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 7,500
    According to a article by Nettavisen, the local municipality this afternoon released documents about the building of the cabin. This information was not available to the public until now, with reasons being "competition concerns". At the same time, it's confirmed by the municipality that this is indeed for a film shoot, but they didn't want to reveal any further details.

An application letter concerns a request about driving motorised vehicles in the area. It's also submitted a request of:

- construction of temporary tents and (parking) space for trucks
    - construction of a temporary parking place for motorised vehicles and a temporary road
    - construction of a 12x16 meter long temporary building, as well as a smaller building

Edit (this bit wasn't included in my post for some reason):
    Communications advisor Gro Rognmo in the Norwegian Film Institute tells Nettavisen that she doesn't belive this is related to Bond 25, and that they've started production in Norway.

"They've probably considering other places to shoot, and they have until April to accept the offer we have given them. We do hope they say "yes", and that there will be production of James Bond in Norway", Rognmo told Nettavisen early Friday afternoon.

"No, I don't belive it is it (B25), but everything is very secret regarding this production, Rognmo says, adding that she doubts that the production of the upcoming Bond film has started – not at least since Cinema Blend just reported that the script was being rewritten.

"No, so I don't belive this is shooting of James Bond", she says.

Makes sense. By all means, I like Nittedal (my girlfriend has a cottage in the area). But why would they settle on a generic forest in the low lands when they can basically choose whatever spectacular location they wish in Norway?
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,630

Recent photo?

From September 2017
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    I really, really, really hope she's not going to play an action chick. They are a dime a dozen.
    To be honest we’ve only had one proper action-based Bond girl in Craig’s era and ironically it was Moneypenny :D

One was enough. Heck one in the franchise would have been enough.

Craig will be working hard while his wife spends her day breastfeeding and changing nappies. It's hard being a man.
    Radio Times says that the working title could be :

Shatterhand

https://radiotimes.com/news/tv/2019-02-22/james-bond-25-title-shatterhand/
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I really, really, really hope she's not going to play an action chick. They are a dime a dozen.
    To be honest we’ve only had one proper action-based Bond girl in Craig’s era and ironically it was Moneypenny :D

What’s your problem with action-packed Bond girls?
  • I don't see anyway Lupita plays a helpless Bond girl. She has played up the importance of the female action roles in Black Panther.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    I always thought the working title would just be “Bond 25” and when decided, would just transition to the regular title

They are redundant. Bond is the hero, he's the one doing the action part. Not M, not Q, not Moneypenny, not the Bond girl. I don't understand why people complain about "team MI6", but don't beat an eyelid when there's a Way Lin or a Jinx suddenly having the same function in the narrative as Bond.
    I would be a little disappointed if bond 25 is Shatterhand but I need to see the official logo before I make up my mind.
    My only issue with Shatterhand is that it's another one word title starting with S. Otherwise it's great. And it's only truly an issue because SP was a fairly unimaginative title. Otherwise on principle and in this particular case, the more Fleming the better.

Now if they can get an older actor for the villain...
    I doubt it will be Shatterhand but let's see.
    jobo wrote: »
    According to a article by Nettavisen, the local municipality this afternoon released documents about the building of the cabin. This information was not available to the public until now, with reasons being "competition concerns". At the same time, it's confirmed by the municipality that this is indeed for a film shoot, but they didn't want to reveal any further details.

An application letter concerns a request about driving motorised vehicles in the area. It's also submitted a request of:

- construction of temporary tents and (parking) space for trucks
    - construction of a temporary parking place for motorised vehicles and a temporary road
    - construction of a 12x16 meter long temporary building, as well as a smaller building

Edit (this bit wasn't included in my post for some reason):
    Communications advisor Gro Rognmo in the Norwegian Film Institute tells Nettavisen that she doesn't believe this is related to Bond 25, and that they've started production in Norway.

"They've probably considering other places to shoot, and they have until April to accept the offer we have given them. We do hope they say "yes", and that there will be production of James Bond in Norway", Rognmo told Nettavisen early Friday afternoon.

"No, I don't belive it is it (B25), but everything is very secret regarding this production, Rognmo says, adding that she doubts that the production of the upcoming Bond film has started – not at least since Cinema Blend just reported that the script was being rewritten.

"No, so I don't believe this is shooting of James Bond", she says.

Makes sense. By all means, I like Nittedal (my girlfriend has a cottage in the area). But why would they settle on a generic forest in the low lands when they can basically choose whatever spectacular location they wish in Norway?

Indeed. Of course when she tells Nettavisen that she "doesn't believe it is it" (B25), she could just be secretive, but this looks pretty uninspired as far as Bond locations go.

As a second thought, it could also be one of two or several locations making up a sequence, for example.
    Getafix wrote: »
    I doubt it will be Shatterhand but let's see.

Might be a rumour gone mad. In any case it's all around the news.
    Did SP, SF, or other Bond films have a “working title” like Bond 25 before they received their final names?
    For skyfall one of the drafts was Once Upon A spy
    for SPectre one of the drafts had The Death Collector as the title
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Skyfall was also rumored to be called “Red Sky at Night” for a while.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I believe CR's working title was Red Rain or something like that. Can't say for sure. But, I remember reading something like that.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,834

They are redundant. Bond is the hero, he's the one doing the action part. Not M, not Q, not Moneypenny, not the Bond girl. I don't understand why people complain about "team MI6", but don't beat an eyelid when there's a Way Lin or a Jinx suddenly having the same function in the narrative as Bond.
    Well, they're certainly not redundant. The role of the Bond girl serves to show a different kind of woman, and just because James Bond is our protagonist/hero doesn't mean no-one else can do any of the action? If what you want is for the girl to sit back and do nothing but sleep with Bond, then I'd have to say thats an unfortunate and outdated concept.

There are female agents, there are females who can do just as much damage as Bond. Having an action-based female character doesn't do anything to disturb the "narrative". Yes, James Bond will always be more involved in the action and will do so thoroughly, but to say that he's only the one that can do it is just silly. Also, are you saying that any female agents within a James Bond film should just not do their job?
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    As I may have said before somewhere (maybe it was still on the IMDb board, it's been a while), I don't expect the title to be Shatterhand, at the very least for release in Germany. "Shatterhand", for the population here, is permanently connected with "Old Shatterhand", the alter ego of 19th century German writer Karl May, who became famous for writing about one hundred novels of "his" exploits in North America and the Middle East without ever having seen those places in person. "Old Shatterhand", as well as his other personality in the Arab region (Kara ben Nemsi = Karl the German) was played by Lex Barker (ex-Tarzan) in numerous movies in the 60s, most strikingly with French actor Pierre Brice playing Apache chief Winnetou, and all of this is still so present among the public that it would be a mistake (or at least very, very irritating) if a Bond movie came out here being called "Shatterhand".
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    The site they're building, assuming it's for B25, could simply be a base for the crew. The newspaper said something about paving the ground (flattening the snow I'm guessing) which could provide space for many vehicles/trailers etc. It's simply much too derivative of the Altausee cabin in SP for me to see this as an actual set.
  • RC7RC7
    edited February 2019 Posts: 10,512
    For my money, Shatterhand ain’t the title. Smoke and mirrors.
    I don’t believe it will be the final title either.

Well, they're certainly not redundant. The role of the Bond girl serves to show a different kind of woman, and just because James Bond is our protagonist/hero doesn't mean no-one else can do any of the action? If what you want is for the girl to sit back and do nothing but sleep with Bond, then I'd have to say thats an unfortunate and outdated concept.

There are female agents, there are females who can do just as much damage as Bond. Having an action-based female character doesn't do anything to disturb the "narrative". Yes, James Bond will always be more involved in the action and will do so thoroughly, but to say that he's only the one that can do it is just silly. Also, are you saying that any female agents within a James Bond film should just not do their job?

Actually the Bond girls as Fleming wrote them have many functions in the story, they are not (all) there merely to sleep with Bond, although they do also serve as sexual reward. But making them action chicks then at least part of what they do is also what Bond does. That's exactly the definition of redundant. Way Lin does what Bond does until the plot requires her to suddenly become a helpless damsel in distress. And Fleming's Bond girls, the classical ones, are far more complete and complex than the action chicks we saw both in and out of the Bond franchise.

And there's female agent and female agent. There's a huge difference between Jinx who is just a weak version of a female Bond in a bikini, and a station agent or a member of MI6.
  • I like spectre as a title. Do not like shatterhand.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,834

Actually the Bond girls as Fleming wrote them have many functions in the story, they are not (all) there merely to sleep with Bond, although they do also serve as sexual reward. But making them action chicks then at least part of what they do is also what Bond does. That's exactly the definition of redundant. Way Lin does what Bond does until the plot requires her to suddenly become a helpless damsel in distress. And Fleming's Bond girls, the classical ones, are far more complete and complex than the action chicks we saw both in and out of the Bond franchise.

And there's female agent and female agent. There's a huge difference between Jinx who is just a weak version of a female Bond in a bikini, and a station agent or a member of MI6.
    All fair points, although I still don't agree with action-based Bond girls being redundant, but what I'm mainly trying to get across is that you can have these types of Bond girls and still make them complete and complex. You're right in saying that Jinx is a bad example, but to say that no other Bond girl in the franchise should be involved in action would be quite close-minded.

I'm not asking for a Bond girl who only gets involved in fights. That's the last thing I want. I would want them to infuse a film with a multi-layered Bond girls, who would not be afraid to get into the action. Saying a Bond girl who fights is redundant is like saying a villain driving a nice car is redundant because only Bond can drive nice cars. Having a villain drive a nice car doesn't take away from James Bond's vehicle in the same way having a Bond girl involved in action doesn't take away from James Bond's action scenes.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Shatterhand as we all know is the official working title since August as far as we know. No news. I would be pretty surprised if is indeed the final title. I don’t think it’s gonna be, tbh.