Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    New official image of A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, the Mr. Rogers biopic starring Tom Hanks:

rm6m9j8vm6h21.jpg
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    TripAces wrote: »
    Risico007 wrote: »
    First trailer for ex-Bond 25 director Danny Boyle's new film, Yesterday:

I am sorry but that looks aweful like really really bad with I am sure some dumb twist of it was all a dream or he is dead or take your pick over all of Boyle deemed this better then Bond I am glad he is not anywhere near 007

I have to say: I agree.

Also the conceit of the story just really irritates me, looks like a film I'd run a mile from.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited February 2019 Posts: 15,686
    Dwayne Johnson, Danny DeVito and Kevin Hart enjoying the table reading of Jumanji 3:

jcu72ce6lgh21.jpg

----

aegzc079jhh21.jpg
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited February 2019 Posts: 15,423
    Olga Kurylenko begins filming her action thriller film, The Courier. A project she describes very tough and “hardcore” working on.

52572818_2346984192200207_2635144804702355456_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent.fevn1-1.fna&oh=d7295969d80683f657096560cb8881fb&oe=5D225B06
    @ClarkDevlin @DarthDimi @Creasy47 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @doubleoego

----

And first trailer for Bad Police, the latest South Korean action flick from the director of 'The Man From Nowhere':

• Bless Olga's heart; she still looks bloody fantastic.
    Indeed! One of my favourite actresses of today’s film business.
    Do like the look of "The Highwaymen".
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Kevin Costner is a legend. And seems to get even better with age.
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Kevin Costner is a legend. And seems to get even better with age.

Couldn't agree more. I think he gets an awful lot of unwarranted bad press with some parts of the media.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    For those of you loving on Costner these days, I can't recommend that Yellowstone TV series enough that Paramount Network did. They're almost done shooting season two I believe, looking forward to it.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Being an old school wrestling fan of the WWF and WCW back in the 80's and 90's this film interests me, this could be great

Chris Hemsworth to play Hulk Hogan in big-screen biopic

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/film/2019/feb/20/chris-hemsworth-hulk-hogan-biopic
    Kevin Costner and Diane Lane to star in the suspense/thriller Let Him Go.

Kevin Costner will play a retired sheriff and Lane will portray his wife. After the loss of their son, the couple leaves their Montana ranch to rescue their young grandson from the clutches of a dangerous family living off the grid in the Dakotas. When they arrive, they discover the family has no intention of letting the child go.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/kevin-costner-diane-lane-let-him-go-1203144473/

----

First look at Harrison Ford's first ever voice acting in an animation film, with this new trailer of The Secret Life of Pets 2:

2nd trailer for Rocketman:

@bondjames @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin @DarthDimi @MajorDSmythe @doubleoego

In cinemas and on demand on March 22nd:

LYMh-W81-Iwsd6c60n-TGGg-SMye8i-1-IVTSZKd-B980-Yt-YM.jpg
    Damn, arriving on demand next month? Sign me up for that, March is looking better and better for home viewing.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    That looks good. Nice posterwork, too.
    @Creasy47 Hopefully the Triple Frontier / Triple Threat / Dragged Across Concrete / The Highwaymen in a span of 3 weeks will be better than Polar / Close / Velvet Buzzsaw a month a go.

But Kevin Costner, Ben Affleck, Pedro Pascal, Woody Harrelson, Mel Gibson, Tony Jaa & Iko Uwais is a hell of a mix!
    STX has won the distribution rights for Guy Ritchie's new crime film, Bush (previous titled 'Toff Guys').

Follows a very British drug lord who tries to sell off his highly profitable marijuana empire to a dynasty of Oklahoma billionaires.

Starring: Matthew McConaughey, Hugh Grant, Colin Farrell, Charlie Hunnam, Henry Golding and Michelle Dockery.

Release date: later this year.

----

First trailer for the Vincent D'Onofrio directed western, The Kid:

The story of a young boy who witnesses Billy the Kid's encounter with Sheriff Pat Garrett.

Starring: Chris Pratt, Vincent D'Onofrio, Ethan Hawke, Dane Dehaan.

Release date: March 8th, 2019.

@Creasy47 Hopefully the Triple Frontier / Triple Threat / Dragged Across Concrete / The Highwaymen in a span of 3 weeks will be better than Polar / Close / Velvet Buzzsaw a month a go.

But Kevin Costner, Ben Affleck, Pedro Pascal, Woody Harrelson, Mel Gibson, Tony Jaa & Iko Uwais is a hell of a mix!

Two of those three last month were pure garbage, and most of the four next month, I've been looking forward to for a very long while, so I'm much more optimistic this time around.
    Too many great movies coming out. Too many.
    This year is already much better for film than last year was, in my opinion.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    STX has won the distribution rights for Guy Ritchie's new crime film, Bush (previous titled 'Toff Guys').

Follows a very British drug lord who tries to sell off his highly profitable marijuana empire to a dynasty of Oklahoma billionaires.

Starring: Matthew McConaughey, Hugh Grant, Colin Farrell, Charlie Hunnam, Henry Golding and Michelle Dockery.

Release date: later this year.

----

First trailer for the Vincent D'Onofrio directed western, The Kid:

The story of a young boy who witnesses Billy the Kid's encounter with Sheriff Pat Garrett.

Starring: Chris Pratt, Vincent D'Onofrio, Ethan Hawke, Dane Dehaan.

Release date: March 8th, 2019.

Looks great, too.
    MGM has acquired the distribution rights of the superhero drama Samaritan.

'A boy learns that a missing superhero, who vanished 20 years earlier after a battle, may still be alive'.

Starring: Sylvester Stallone.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/sylvester-stallone-samaritan-mgm-1203145083/

In cinemas and on demand on March 22nd:

LYMh-W81-Iwsd6c60n-TGGg-SMye8i-1-IVTSZKd-B980-Yt-YM.jpg
    That Trailer looked amazingly good until the Music started. I hope very much that that Music is merely an ill-conceived attempt of pr, and not an indication of the tone of the film.

Matt Smith and Thomasin McKenzie ('Leave No Trace') have joined Edgar Wright's psychological thriller Last Night in Soho. Anya Taylor-Joy was already onboard the project.

http://collider.com/edgar-wright-last-night-in-soho-cast-matt-smith-thomasin-mckenzie/

----

Michael B Jordan will play the lead role in the latest Denzel Washington directed film: the Iraq war drama Journal for Jordan.

Based on the true story of Pulitzer Prize winning journalist Dana Canedy’s love affair with First Sergeant Charles Monroe King. King kept a journal full of poignant life lessons for their newborn son, Jordan, while deployed overseas.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/michael-b-jordan-denzel-washington-journal-for-jordan-1203145145/

The action comedy Free Guy has been given an official release date: July 3, 2020.

A bank teller discovers that he's actually a non-playable character inside a rather brutal open world, action-adventure video game.

Director: Shawn Levy (Real Steel, Night at the Museum).

Starring Ryan Reynolds in the lead role.
    Not sure if I can use this thread for "last movie you've seen in theaters" but recently I saw Cold Pursuit and Alita, and I loved both of them.

I really hope Alita gets a sequel
    dragonsky wrote: »
    Not sure if I can use this thread for "last movie you've seen in theaters" but recently I saw Cold Pursuit and Alita, and I loved both of them.

I really hope Alita gets a sequel

https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/2947/rate-the-last-movie-you-saw-in-theaters/p16

Hasn't been used in a while though, people stopped posting in it and opted to use the Last Movie You Watched thread instead for some reason.
    New He-Man movie to be shot in Prague this summer ?