Diamonds Are Forever, where are you?

MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
edited April 2012 in Fan Creations Posts: 858
Thinking this is the best place for it:

On the old forums, there was the most brilliant Diamonds Are Forever-rewrite I've ever come across. It was a full "book", many chapters. The trouble is, I cannot remember who wrote it no matter how hard I try. I dó know, that it was better than the original if you ask me, and that I would be forever indebted to the person who can give me the name of the author, or the book as a word-file? I remember it was a "work in progress", the lad kept writing chapter after chapter instead of dropping one big story if you know what I mean.

Some things that may help:
- it stars George Lazenby!
- It was revenge-driven, a follow-up to OHMSS
- It had the line "Kill Blofeld" repeated quite a number of times
- It featured a lair in Las Vegas
- It ends with Bond killing blofeld and Bunt with his bare hands, inside some sort of mountain lair if I remember correctly.

I would réally want to read it again, so any help is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    Just bumping this, and also asking if it's clear this way?
    I don't recall that on the old forum-- but it sounds awesome. I'd love to see it too!
    I like the book better.
    It sounds really awesome and I'd love to see if anyone confesses to the writing! Still, DAF is fine with me as it is, though the finale always strikes me as lackluster and missing a lot of excitement.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I have never heard of this before, but now I'm enticed. The film DAF is garbage, trading a revenge tale with Blofeld in drag, a dumb redhead broad, and NO IRMA BUNT! AND SHE'S THE ONE WHO ACTUALLY SHOT TRACY!!! I will never like that filth, Bond film or otherwise, and I'm sorry Sean got mixed up in it. His appearance, Lana, and Shirley's voice are the only good things about that film, and I'd include the Sammy Davis Jr. cameo, but that got cut out.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Wow, i do really Hope someone has it saved somewhere!
  • Was this perchance Sir Hilary Bray OBE's version of DAF starring George Lazenby?
    It might very well have been! It did star Lazenby, how foolish of me not to mention that! but now, what we want is a location fix on Sir hilly :D
    It was indeed Sir Hilary Bray... He also wrote three other fan fics with Lazenby; The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker and Octopussy. I've been looking for them myself but to no avail
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    SFNDMK wrote:
    It was indeed Sir Hilary Bray... He also wrote three other fan fics with Lazenby; The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker and Octopussy. I've been looking for them myself but to no avail

... and All Our Yesterdays, a fan fic based on what could have happened if Irma Bunt had missed.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    SFNDMK wrote:

... and All Our Yesterdays, a fan fic based on what could have happened if Irma Bunt had missed.

This man is simply legendary. Is he here on MI6 or over CBn or offline all together?
    I'm not to sure, I tried CBn forums and it had a Sir Hilary Bray profile, butit was empty :(
    edited April 2012 Posts: 858
    I have recieved a tip about the whereabouts of Sir Hilly, I will report here if it was any use ;)
    Please let us know it would be very much appreciated XD
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    MartinBond wrote:
    I have recieved a tip about the whereabouts of Sir Hilly, I will report here if it was any use ;)

Please do. Inquiring minds want to know.
    edited April 2012 Posts: 858
    [double]
  • MrBond wrote:
    Wow, i do really Hope someone has it saved somewhere!

Well, I have a copy of it. :|

Come on... don't bullshit me!

arnold-schwarzenegger-total-recall.jpg

• Well, I have a copy of it. :|

(PROLOGUE: 1969

“...it’s quite alright. We’re just taking a rest we’ll be going on soon. She’s just...taking a rest...you see we have all the time in the world...”
    Bond’s own words echoed in his head dully as if he was underwater. The words were spoken as if by a child. He recounted the past hour like he was removed from this world. The drive out of the town in a shower of emotion from the well-wishers, the car bedecked like a mobile florist. He was so in love with her and he never thought he would love a woman like this. Her Majesty’s Secret Service was his job. Or had been...They were going to have children. Three boys and three girls. Now they had all the time in the world.)

Is that enough proof?
    facepalm.jpg

Did you forget your name?? I was joking with you! :-))
  • facepalm.jpg

Did you forget your name?? I was joking with you! :-))

I know. I just wanted to show off. ;)

(PROLOGUE: 1969

“...it’s quite alright. We’re just taking a rest we’ll be going on soon. She’s just...taking a rest...you see we have all the time in the world...”
    Bond’s own words echoed in his head dully as if he was underwater. The words were spoken as if by a child. He recounted the past hour like he was removed from this world. The drive out of the town in a shower of emotion from the well-wishers, the car bedecked like a mobile florist. He was so in love with her and he never thought he would love a woman like this. Her Majesty’s Secret Service was his job. Or had been...They were going to have children. Three boys and three girls. Now they had all the time in the world.)

Is that enough proof?

I honestly should have done what you did and saved it as well :(
    I actually saved it on my old laptop, witch was damaged beyond repair. Sutch a shame...
  • I could upload it...Provided that Sir Hilary doesn't have a copy and gives his permission to do so.
    Your attention please:

I've been mailing back & forth a couple of times, and
    I've got some but they're a bit rough and ready. They need going over with a new eye of mine really. Grammar and stuff needs looking at. As for when, I don't know, for one I'm quite tired and Bond writing isn't on my mind at all (I don't do much writing at the moment of anything).

As for the others waiting, for some reason I think of Gene Hackman in A Bridge Too Far.

"Tell your Gen-eral...tell your gen-eral...We're coming."
  • SirHilaryBrayOBESirHilaryBrayOBE Chez Hilly, Portsmouth
    edited April 2012 Posts: 66
    Gentlemen. I am that Sir Hilary who authored those...adventures.
    I could upload it...Provided that Sir Hilary doesn't have a copy and gives his permission to do so.

I'd rather you didn't old sport if that's alright. For one I have my own copy as indeed I do of The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, Octopussy, All Our Yesterdays (if Tracy had lived) and Property of a Lady...all 'starring' Lazenby.

:)

I fear these are the products of a wasted social life. Frightening to think how much time I devoted AND I was at university. Zut alors. But as old Kenny More would've said, "No fear!"

I could upload it...Provided that Sir Hilary doesn't have a copy and gives his permission to do so.

I'd rather you didn't old sport if that's alright. For one I have my own copy as indeed I do of The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, Octopussy, All Our Yesterdays (if Tracy had lived) and Property of a Lady...all 'starring' Lazenby.

:O ARE MY EYES SEEING WHAT I THINK THEY'RE SEEING?!?!?!?!?!
    bigfoot.jpg
    loch+ness.jpg
    50.jpg
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 12,837

^:)^ Any chance you could reupload any of your old stuff if you still have it? After reading this thread I really want to read them, especially the "all our yesterdays" one.
  • SirHilaryBrayOBESirHilaryBrayOBE Chez Hilly, Portsmouth

^:)^ Any chance you could reupload any of your old stuff if you still have it? After reading this thread I really want to read them, especially the "all our yesterdays" one.

In time. Not trying to be a pain but they do need looking over and probably revising. Re-reading lazenbyTSWLM the other day I saw some bits that made me cringe, All Our Yesterdays included. That story is only 4 pages, more of a treatment I suppose.

I'm working 5 days out of 7 but I might be able to get something out and about by next week hopefully.

• I could upload it...Provided that Sir Hilary doesn't have a copy and gives his permission to do so.

I'd rather you didn't old sport if that's alright.

Fair enough. But I am glad that to know you are present on this new forum.