No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

@HildebrandRarity Everything you say does make sense, including the fact Boyle did leave further away from the start of production at the time, but I think that departure has really sparked a ton of uncertainty ever since. Let’s hope they stay on board and get the film done. I can’t imagine after everything Craig will want to come back again; he may very well already regret having signed up for this one given everything so far.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited February 2019 Posts: 4,343
    FoxRox wrote: »
    he may very well already regret having signed up for this one given everything so far.

That’s part of the thrill.

Plus, his bank account disagree with your assumption. XD
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 12,243
    matt_u wrote: »
    he may very well already regret having signed up for this one given everything so far.

That’s part of the thrill.

Plus, his bank account disagree with your assumption. XD

I’m sure he’s getting paid a lot, but he was paid a lot to do SP too and we all know how he responded after the film was finished. Given all the trouble that’s already started before cameras have even begun to roll (who knows what will happen during the actual production), I’m sure Craig is less than thrilled.

EDIT: Note I didn’t fully assume Craig regrets signing on. I’m sure he’s happy with the money he’s getting. However, it’s not a stretch to imagine he is not happy with the way things have gone with the film so far, and he was run pretty ragged by SP. I’m worried it might show in his performance that he mainly or only came back for the paycheck.
    The total media blackout by Eon is all thanks to the hackers who ruined the build up and production of Spectre. So to be fair I am not surprised this has happened and believe that this will become the norm after the B/O takings for SP as apposed to SF.

As most people may have read the leaked script......etc. Although I understand it and don't mind not knowing every single detail about the upcoming film? A little reassurance would be most welcome after so many set backs.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Daniel at the moment has a child and Rachel just nominated for an Oscar (and winning a Golden Globe) and has been working (obviously) on getting fitter. He's probably in a good frame of mind and raring to go. I bet he and Cary get along, he's already had his input with the new writer, and he knows from experience that obstacles during production can be overcome (hello, late casting for CR and more). He undoubtedly wanted a polished, finished script by now (everybody would), but he may not be stressing over all of this as much as some of us are.
    Daniel at the moment has a child and Rachel just nominated for an Oscar (and winning a Golden Globe) and has been working (obviously) on getting fitter. He's probably in a good frame of mind and raring to go. I bet he and Cary get along, he's already had his input with the new writer, and he knows from experience that obstacles during production can be overcome (hello, late casting for CR and more). He undoubtedly wanted a polished, finished script by now (everybody would), but he may not be stressing over all of this as much as some of us are.

I hope you are right.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,834
    Do people just want Craig to leave? Because people won’t stop talking about it. I get it Bond 25 is having trouble, but to then assume the worst doesn’t help.

None of you know how he’s feeling about this film and to just constantly say oh he’s well pissed off and act as if he’s sitting there with a glum face wishing he’d never done this is just really disheartening to hear from fans, and is the kind of unnecessary speculation we usually get from journalists. No wonder they don’t wanna give us anything because people will just twist it to sound as if all hell is breaking loose. Craig is a good guy with a lot of respect for his job, and is probably eager to get going, because if he didn’t, he would’ve left a long time ago.

I will always try to respect peoples opinions but all this baseless speculation is really pissing me off.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Do people just want Craig to leave? Because people won’t stop talking about it. I get it Bond 25 is having trouble, but to then assume the worst doesn’t help.

None of you know how he’s feeling about this film and to just constantly say oh he’s well pissed off and act as if he’s sitting there with a glum face wishing he’d never done this is just really disheartening to hear from fans, and is the kind of unnecessary speculation we usually get from journalists. No wonder they don’t wanna give us anything because people will just twist it to sound as if all hell is breaking loose. Craig is a good guy with a lot of respect for his job, and is probably eager to get going, because if he didn’t, he would’ve left a long time ago.

I will always try to respect peoples opinions but all this baseless speculation is really pissing me off.

+1
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I’d legitimately be devastated if he left. He’s my favorite Bond of all time.
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    I’d legitimately be devastated if he left. He’s my favorite Bond of all time.

He's mine too. I can't think of a single living actor that could successfully replace him. I have ideas, but I doubt they'd own the role the way he has. He's made it an impossible task to replace him. I think Babs knows that too. It's why he wields so much power.
  • Would be very disappointed if Craig left. A loud minority wants him to.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    Would be very disappointed if Craig left. A loud minority wants him to.
    A small and very frustrating minority haha
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    Would be very disappointed if Craig left. A loud minority wants him to.

Some here if the truth be known would sacrifice Bond 25 as it is to get rid of him.

I pretty sure some of the Craig haters on this forum heard that Bond 25 had been cancelled with DC and they would be resetting but you'd have to wait an extra year they'd be having a party. Especially if it was either Aidan Turner or Henry Cavill who were taking over.

They'd soon live with waiting longer for this prospect.

Not everyone who wants those 2 think this but some are quite blatant that they'd live with a 5th DC film being sacrificed to get it.
    The way I’ve commented probably makes me look like I don’t like Craig and his Bond. I didn’t mean it that way. I’m just expressing my concern that he might not be into it the way we want him to be. Do I know that for sure? No - I have no clue exactly how Craig feels. I am just raising potential concerns. His comments about playing Bond have been mixed since SP as far as the enthusiasm goes, so I can’t be certain. Things might be better or worse behind the scenes than we know. I do like Craig and his Bond, but one thing I can say is that I definitely would like a new era to begin after this newest one. Craig is getting older, and with how inconsistent in gaps/quality his tenure has been, I think it’d be best to move on with Bond 26. Hopefully more consistent production. I did not mean to insult Craig’s character in any way if it came off that way - just pure speculation.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    The way I’ve commented probably makes me look like I don’t like Craig and his Bond. I didn’t mean it that way. I’m just expressing my concern that he might not be into it the way we want him to be. Do I know that for sure? No - I have no clue exactly how Craig feels. I am just raising potential concerns. His comments about playing Bond have been mixed since SP as far as the enthusiasm goes, so I can’t be certain. Things might be better or worse behind the scenes than we know. I do like Craig and his Bond, but one thing I can say is that I definitely would like a new era to begin after this newest one. Craig is getting older, and with how inconsistent in gaps/quality his tenure has been, I think it’d be best to move on with Bond 26. Hopefully more consistent production. I did not mean to insult Craig’s character in any way if it came off that way - just pure speculation.

Hey @FoxRox, I hope you don't think I was directly targeting you with those comments. a few of them did spur me on I can't lie, but there are many other members here that are really pursuing the idea fo him (and Fukunaga) leaving so heavily that it's become quite frustrating.

Anyway, I understand your concerns, and I think your wishes will be met regarding Bond 26. To be honest, I always thought it was a done deal that this would be his last James Bond adventure? I think it's one of the reasons I'm fighting for this film so much, because at the end of the day, I just want him to have the best James Bond film for his last adventure and trust everyone involved to do just that despite all this stuff regarding writers and delays.
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    Let's also hope that we won't get the curse of the American Bond girl. Because, apart from Lazenby's last (and first) entry:

DAF: Jill St. John (NSNA: Kim Basinger)
    AVTAK: Tanya Roberts
    LTK: Carey Lowell
    DAD: Halle Berry
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 3,126
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    You always go back to hearing how Cubby & Harry we’re very tough ruthless producers. The same can be said for Babs & Michael.

Maybe Sean was right?

Sean was jealous of money not they were ruthless
    People seem to forget that Craig has been always part of the creative process. He’s been part of all the creative choices that mattered. For SP he spent almost two years preparing/producing the movie plus the filming, which was really tough. He even had a bad injury. So all his comments once the movie was finished were consistently blow out of proportion. He always said two things: filming SP was a big fun but it was so exhausting he didn’t want to think about the next one for a while. Which is totally fine. Then he said playing Bond is the best job possible as an actor. A truly unique experience that one day he would miss terribly. So I don’t understand all the people’s assumption about him being tired or sick of the role, etc etc. Really.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender

I wanted and still want Craig to leave, although it's very unlikely at this point. He overstayed his time as Bond. Craig has been an amazing Bond, and no doubt he can deliver but there's only so much of a delicious food I can eat until I get tired of it.
    If 25 turns out great, for me he will become the best Bond. As for now I can’t choose between him and Sean (even if I generally like Craig’s movies better). Having said that, after 25 I will be all in for a new actor steeping in the role. A lot of time passed since 2005. Time to move on, I suppose.
    All this speculation depends on who wasn't happy with the script. It feasibly could have been Craig or Fukunaga or Babs and MGW. Likewise Craig hasn't been shy from throwing his weight around in terms of bringing creative talent on board. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that he knows Burns from working with Soderbergh.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    The total media blackout by Eon is all thanks to the hackers who ruined the build up and production of Spectre. So to be fair I am not surprised this has happened and believe that this will become the norm after the B/O takings for SP as apposed to SF.

As most people may have read the leaked script......etc. Although I understand it and don't mind not knowing every single detail about the upcoming film? A little reassurance would be most welcome after so many set backs.
    I think this as well. They've learned some hard lessons off the back of Spectre. I also remember that pretty much the whole cast had been rumoured and reported on before the announcement, so I'm happy we're lacking on that front because I remember being so let down by that particular conference.

One of the best things about the press conferences are the surprises and in Spectre's case there wasn't any.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Let's also hope that we won't get the curse of the American Bond girl. Because, apart from Lazenby's last (and first) entry:

What curse? LTK (and Pam) are generally considered decent additions here and on other Bond forums.
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    edited February 2019 Posts: 467
    I'll give you Pam and LTK, but I find it an amusing coincidence that all the other major actors who played Bond ended their tenure on some quite reviled or subpar entry that systematically featured an American actress giving a lackluster performance as the lead Bond girl.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    If people would still like to wrap their heads around the delay, here's an article covering all possibilities, written by Jack Lugo over on James Bond Radio:

http://jamesbondradio.com/processing-the-latest-bond-25-developments/
    If people would still like to wrap their heads around the delay, here's an article covering all possibilities, written by Jack Lugo over on James Bond Radio:

http://jamesbondradio.com/processing-the-latest-bond-25-developments/

I really liked that article. Different perspectives on what might be going on.
    I like to think that with all the different creative ideas being tossed around script wise, as soon as it strays too far from Bond, Michael and Barbara remember Cubby's advice to not let anyone come in and screw it all up. I do like to believe they are very protective of Bond. So maybe we dodged a bullet with Burns coming on to tweak the script and the 2 month delay.
  • Let's also hope that we won't get the curse of the American Bond girl. Because, apart from Lazenby's last (and first) entry:

LTK is dope.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 386
    Of a certain interest to me now is how quickly EON can get B26 underway once B25 drops.

I would hope that the new guy is firmly in the cross hairs and a decent handful of treatments exist.

Wouldn’t it be great if we got a Cubby-style two-year turnaround.

Risico, the triumphant return of Bond in a no-fuss espionage adventure with great stunts, coming to a theatre near you in December 2022.

GetCarter wrote: »
    Of a certain interest to me now is how quickly EON can get B26 underway once B25 drops.

I would hope that the new guy is firmly in the cross hairs and a decent handful of treatments exist.

Wouldn’t it be great if we got a Cubby-style two-year turnaround.

Risico, the triumphant return of Bond in a no-fuss espionage adventure with great stunts, coming to a theatre near you in December 2022.

I'd love that.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    @GetCarter four years is an accomplishment for these guys. Stop thinking about a 2 year cycle or you’ll gouge your eyes out.