No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited February 2019 Posts: 15,423
    Sometimes, things happen for a reason. I, for one, am awfully relieved Boyle is out.

I'd rather wait for five years than have a Boyle film making part of the Bond collection.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    @Ottofuse8 I agree that there are some who consistently overreact and enjoy at agonizing with predictions of doom and gloom. These members seem to thrive in a state of negativity, and not just in response to today’s news, but continuously
    You were spot on; you didn’t call out anyone specifically and you were expressing your honest opinion.
    Am I the only one concerned with the fact that we won’t get B26 in 2022 for the 60th?
    Birdleson wrote: »
    TR007 wrote: »
    Am I the only one concerned with the fact that we won’t get B26 in 2022 for the 60th?

There is no reason why it shouldn’t happen.
    They would need to start production strat away after B25 to achieve that release date.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited February 2019 Posts: 1,756
    talos7 wrote: »
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    The squirrels have indeed taken over this thread. Eon can be as fan-servicey as they want- whining accomplishes nothing. I’m also starved for information, but just forget about the film until the press conference. The reaction in this thread is completely overblown.

You get personal you're not going too be welcome here for too much longer. Have your opinion without getting into the name calling. Consider this an unofficial warning.

With all due respect, he’s right, and his choice of words is mild, particularly when compared to others who chose to voice themselves far more aggressively and are rarely chastised.

Most of us have been frustrated with this seemingly stumbling production; while most express themselves rationally, and respectfully, there are s number of squirrels, with one particularly nutty one , who appear to relish any chaos they can create.

I'm telling you, this is how things blow up. Old or new member, personal attacks will not be tolerated. I rarely come on this thread, but when I do, I don't expect to get into any kind of sniping or etc. Regardless of what side one takes, if I see name calling it will be dealt with.

As far as who is "rarely chastised", all official warnings and communications happen behind the scenes. Please don't make assumptions about what actions have been taken against any particular member; there is protocol.
    Delete.
    60th anniversary film is out for sure.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Whenever B25 comes out I expect the same old. "We're too exhausted to make another one so soon" excuse when it comes to B26.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 1,165
    Star Wars will have wrapped up their new trilogy in less time than it takes for ONE new Bond film to come out.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,541
    As @peter said that only release date have been pushed back not the filming or production so I am excited to hear some official news or set photos to look forward next Month.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 3,126
    I think I'm more worried about a recasting for bond I mean they cant wait another 4 years to reboot. Also the more they delay the more pressure is put on them for bond 25 to be good if not great.
    More likely just back in 2022 the 60th Anniversary way it going
    Not that surprised by the shift of the release date. I suspect it's a combination of Eon needing to push the shoot a couple of weeks (for any number of reasons) and Universal
    exploiting that move.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited February 2019 Posts: 7,973
    The people saying "its only another few months" forget that so was the last delay. These things add up.

I don't appreciate being called names at any time, but when the production has been pushed back half a year from its original date, and I'm still being called a doomdayer, or chicken little or whatever, because I don't think the franchise I grew up loving is in the best shape... Well, its just ridiculous.

I mean, think about it. This gap is now only about 18 months shy of the one between LTK and GE, amd back then everyone was p###ed too, and justifiably. So why is a four and a half year gap perfectly fine, but six isn't? (with a pretty good reason, I might add, and not just "tiredness")

Which ever way you slice it, EON have made some bad decisions lately, not the least of which is that bloody tweet they just posted. Might as well have said "B25'll be about two months late, cheers." Even if this latest delay is just down to distribution shuffling, which is just speculation at this point, it still doesn't negate the fact that this is ON TOP OF the other delays and lengthy four year gap, which was totally planned and supposed to negate the possibility of further delays.

So yes, I will continue with my "sky is falling" stance until I hear something actually positive about the production of this film. I'm not relentlessly postive or endlessly patient. I have standards, especially for Bond which I have held high esteem for since I was a boy. If anything my standards are set HIGHER because it is Bond, not lower.
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    I wonder why they only name Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli as producers in the latest anouncement. I missed Daniel Craig. Could be nothing though.
    Tuxedo wrote: »
    I wonder why they only name Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli as producers in the latest anouncement. I missed Daniel Craig. Could be nothing though.

Barbara and MGW are the producers. Craig is a co-producer. I think they only added his name to the Boyle exit statement to show creative unity from Eon's position.
    I was going to type something earlier but I had to push this back due to issues.

I am thrilled to announce that this news is disappointing. There’s all sorts of good reasons for this to happen, but the one thing EON aren’t considering is just how old I am. I’m not sure I’m going to make it at this rate.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 157
    Yesterday one of the people on staff (the kind you have on the main credit sequence) told me that they were still working on the script, looking for a few minor locations and that the shooting plan had not been established yet - which would have been very painful for any movie crew starting a movie in a couple of weeks. He had doubts about starting at the initial date. And then funnily Barbara made the annoucement about pushing back the release date later that day. So it's kind of logical. The movie is in adavanced stages but not quite ready yet and the delay will give them just room to breathe. Not a bad thing to get quality work.
    However, EON, my genes don't age slower and it will be four years and a half since Spectre! ;-)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited February 2019 Posts: 15,686
    Unless they film Bond 25 and Bond 26 back-to-back, this film will be the last one I'll discover as a 20-something year old. I'll be turning 29 a month before the film opens. I was 15 when CR came out. To put it into perspective, in 2020 I'll be exactly half of @Birdleson's age, as he was born a few months before DN came out, thus he was 29 on my birth year (1991). And yet, at the same age, 16 Bond films came out during his lifespan, and 9 in mine.
  • Personally, I suspected a delay was inevitable since Sandgren's comments. I don't think he would indadvertedly say April instead of March.

I suspect that @shamelord is on the money here. They need a little more time and can't make the start date, meanwhile Universal saw an opportunity and gap in the release schedule. So they exploited Eon's current situation.

I always thought Valentines Weekend was a great date for Bond. It could also have marked a more permanent change if the film was a success. However....April is a really hot release window. It's a massively competitive frame and shows Universal wants that $1 billion gross.

So whilst delays are infuriating, this is fairly minor in the scheme of things to come. Though I do know anticipate the start date going to April or May.

shamelord wrote: »
    Yesterday one of the people on staff (the kind you have on the main credit sequence) told me that they were still working on the script, looking for a few minor locations and that the shooting plan had been established yet - which would have been very painful for any movie crew starting a movie in a couple of weeks. He had doubts about starting at the initial date. And then funnily Barbara made the annoucement about pushing back the release date later that day. So it's kind of logical. The movie is in adavanced stages but not quite ready yet and the delay will give them just room to breathe. Not a bad thing to get quality work.
    However, EON, my genes don't age slower and it will be four years and a half since Spectre! ;-)

Yes, they'll have produced several drafts of a shooting schedule (essential for budgeting and for departments to prioritise their work load), but it will be in flux due to script changes and location and production logistics as they advance.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

I think recent history has shown that EoN are incapable of getting their act together. Bond 26 getting a 2022 release is a pipe dream.

doubleoego wrote: »

I think recent history has shown that EoN are incapable of getting their act together. Bond 26 getting a 2022 release is a pipe dream.

They are in pre-production right now - I'd call that getting their act together.

• edited February 2019 Posts: 832
    ColonelSun wrote: »

They are in pre-production right now - I'd call that getting their act together.

3 years later. For no apparent reason. The nay-sayers are rational. Unlike them, though, I have low expectations. I know- cost of small studio, etc. But if they’re intent on making modern bond movies, they need to modernize.
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    ColonelSun wrote: »

3 years later. For no apparent reason.

They are very tired.
  • RC7RC7
    Well...we saw this coming,

So does this mean filming is pushed to April or May? Seems logical
    Probably, but this it matter anymore? The sky isn’t falling, it already fell when Barbara Broccoli fired one of the most exciting and talented British filmmakers and sabotaged a once in a lifetime Bond film.

At this point I’m honestly about a hundred times as much looking forward to reading John Hodge’s Bond 25 script as I’m watching Barbara Broccoli’s Bond 25.

Presumably if B25 turns out well it’ll be ‘Cary Fukanaga’s Bond 25’, ‘nowt to do with her’.
  • Well...we saw this coming,

So does this mean filming is pushed to April or May? Seems logical
    Probably, but this it matter anymore? The sky isn’t falling, it already fell when Barbara Broccoli fired one of the most exciting and talented British filmmakers and sabotaged a once in a lifetime Bond film.

At this point I’m honestly about a hundred times as much looking forward to reading John Hodge’s Bond 25 script as I’m watching Barbara Broccoli’s Bond 25.

Except it will never come out (for the worse). Lone voice in the wilderness.
  • Birdleson wrote: »
    I’d prefer the franchise scaled-down. Smaller budget, smaller return, no corporate sponsorship via product placement, aimed at a more discriminate audience; but that’s not likely to happen in my lifetime. Someday.

Precisely. Modernizing is the only way.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Look, i've never been one of Craigs supporters, but...

calm-down-dears-its-only-the-release-date-thats-slipped.jpg

The time to panic and riot, is when the start of production gets delayed.
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    Well, quite embarassing they had 3 different release dates even before starting filming
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    As far as I know, based on the official announcements, filming will begin in 16 days.