No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• The squirrels have indeed taken over this thread. Eon can be as fan-servicey as they want- whining accomplishes nothing. I’m also starved for information, but just forget about the film until the press conference. The reaction in this thread is completely overblown.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 677
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    The squirrels have indeed taken over this thread.
    Why don't y'all take it down a notch and let people vent, too.

I mean, all EON gave us today was "we're thrilled" to be pushing the movie back. Lol.
  • Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    The squirrels have indeed taken over this thread.
    Why don't y'all take it down a notch and let people vent, too.

I mean, all EON gave us today was "we're thrilled" to be pushing the movie back. Lol.
    The reaction in this thread is completely overblown.

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    That's it? Any more?

Anyone want to play poker now.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited February 2019 Posts: 8,255
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Indeed, very painful. Anytime we get closer to some substantial news, or display any signs of excitement, there’s another type of setback. Very discouraging. Such a tease.

Hey guys. A question: did EoN delay this RELEASE date? or did the DISTRIBUTOR (in this case Universal)?

Think about it for a second:

EoN, an independent film company, involved in PRODUCTION and DELIVERY of their films, told UNIVERSAL-- the DISTRIBUTOR--, we delay the release date??

THAT'S NOT HOW THIS BUSINESS IS RUN...

The release date HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PRODUCTION COMPANY. Is that understood? Eon. Has. Nothing. To. Do. With. The. Release date!

That's Universal's business.

Edit: as someone just mentioned: universal moved its FF film from this Easter date to dump it's James Bond film into this date. This is a distribution drop, not an EoN decision.

Gahhhhgh...
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    peter wrote: »
    Indeed, very painful. Anytime we get closer to some substantial news, or display any signs of excitement, there’s another type of setback. Very discouraging. Such a tease.

Hey guys. A question: did EoN delay this RELEASE date? or did the DISTRIBUTOR (in this case Universal)?

Think about it for a second:

EoN, an independent film company, involved in PRODUCTION and DELIVERY of their films, told UNIVERSAL-- the DISTRIBUTOR--, we delay the release date??

THAT'S NOT HOW THIS BUSINESS IS RUN...

The release date HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PRODUCTION COMPANY. Is that understood? Eon. Has. Nothing. To. Do. With. The. Release date!

That's Universal's business.

Edit: as someone just mentioned: universal moved its FF film from this Easter date to dump it's James Bond film into this date. This is a distribution drop, not an EoN decision.

Gahhhhgh...

Preach @peter
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 1,395
    It honestly doesn't matter to me WHO decided to delay the film. The fact is it's been delayed twice now. And it could definitely be delayed again.

Eh, by tomorrow it won't be a big deal. But it still stings!

Edit : and I definitely appreciate the insider scoops you have given us @peter, and others, thanks for that.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    It honestly doesn't matter to me WHO decided to delay the film. The fact is it's been delayed twice now. And it could definitely be delayed again.

Eh, by tomorrow it won't be a big deal. But it still stings!

Edit : and I definitely appreciate the insider scoops you have given us @peter, and others, thanks for that.

It was delayed the first time because of PRODUCTION ISSUES: the director was fired and replaced.

This time there is no firing, no re-casting of James Bond.

This is a distributers decision to capitalize on box office.

And @ShakenNotStirred --- thank you man for being kind to us just reporting what we're hearing, lol.

([email protected])
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited February 2019 Posts: 15,423
    And before you know it... November 2020. ;)
    And before you know... November 2020. ;)

Most likely. It will just be an accomplishment if we can keep it in 2020 now.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    And all will be forgiven IF they deliver a stellar film.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    That's it? Any more?

Anyone want to play poker now.

I see what you did there.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    The squirrels have indeed taken over this thread. Eon can be as fan-servicey as they want- whining accomplishes nothing. I’m also starved for information, but just forget about the film until the press conference. The reaction in this thread is completely overblown.

You get personal you're not going too be welcome here for too much longer. Have your opinion without getting into the name calling. Consider this an unofficial warning.

With all due respect, he’s right, and his choice of words is mild, particularly when compared to others who chose to voice themselves far more aggressively and are rarely chastised.

Most of us have been frustrated with this seemingly stumbling production; while most express themselves rationally, and respectfully, there are s number of squirrels, with one particularly nutty one , who appear to relish any chaos they can create.

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    edited February 2019 Posts: 14,812
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    This film is pushed back to April what? They say when filming is?
    talos7 wrote: »
    The squirrels have indeed taken over this thread. Eon can be as fan-servicey as they want- whining accomplishes nothing. I’m also starved for information, but just forget about the film until the press conference. The reaction in this thread is completely overblown.

You get personal you're not going too be welcome here for too much longer. Have your opinion without getting into the name calling. Consider this an unofficial warning.

With all due respect, he’s right, and his choice of words is mild, particularly when compared to others who chose to voice themselves far more aggressively and are rarely chastised.

Most of us have been frustrated with this seemingly stumbling production; while most express themselves rationally, and respectfully, there are s number of squirrels, with one particularly nutty one , who appear to relish any chaos they can create.

I'm telling you, this is how things blow up. Old or new member, personal attacks will not be tolerated. I rarely come on this thread, but when I do, I don't expect to get into any kind of sniping or etc. Regardless of what side one takes, if I see name calling it will be dealt with.

As far as who is "rarely chastised", all official warnings and communications happen behind the scenes. Please don't make assumptions about what actions have been taken against any particular member; there is protocol.

Fascinating, out of curiosity, how does one delete an account?

FourDot wrote: »
    Take the time and get it right.

Ideally, sure. But how much time do they need to get their act together? This had got to be the most delayed Bond film of all time.

It is the most delayed bond film of all time
  • 007Blofeld wrote: »

Variety is still saying March 4th
    Is Bond 25 going to run into fast and furious?
  • That's been pushed back out of the way, suggesting, as Peter says, that it's the distributor shuffling their deck
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    FourDot wrote: »
    Take the time and get it right.

Ideally, sure. But how much time do they need to get their act together? This had got to be the most delayed Bond film of all time.

It is the most delayed bond film of all time

GoldenEye’s been delayed more, I feel. 1991 then 1993 then 1994 then 1995, I believe.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 12,243
    Would have been a much smarter move to announce the title and main cast the same time as the newest delay, so that the fans could at least have something and the reaction not quite as negative.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    You could say they subverted our expectations. ;)

=))
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Murdock wrote: »
    You could say they subverted our expectations. ;)

=))

They can do this further by making Bond 25 a straight to DVD release starring only C-list Hallmark movie actors. :D
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    If a press conference is supposedly waiting in the wings, why didn’t they just announce the new release date then?
    If a press conference is supposedly waiting in the wings, why didn’t they just announce the new release date then?

Exactly. Would have softened the blow. If I had to guess we’ll probably have to wait until April for it.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

I'm telling you, this is how things blow up. Old or new member, personal attacks will not be tolerated. I rarely come on this thread, but when I do, I don't expect to get into any kind of sniping or etc. Regardless of what side one takes, if I see name calling it will be dealt with.

As far as who is "rarely chastised", all official warnings and communications happen behind the scenes. Please don't make assumptions about what actions have been taken against any particular member; there is protocol.

Fascinating, out of curiosity, how does one delete an account?

Accounts are never deleted, members (who are not banned) are free to post when they want. Some decide to take a sabbatical and pop in less frequently. It's entirely up to each individual member.
    This latest news is obviously not what anyone wanted. But it is a distribution decision. Whilst it's a setback for when we all thought the film would be released, there's nothing we as fans can change about it.
    I did wonder if it has anything to do with Maleks schedule on Mr.Robot. Perhaps by having a slightly longer production schedule, Rami Malek's is able to appear in Bond 25.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,630
    FoxRox wrote: »

Exactly. Would have softened the blow. If I had to guess we’ll probably have to wait until April for it.

I think that after Universal pushed Fast & Furious 9 to May 2020, they told EON that B25 would now take over the newly vacant date.
    And before you know it... November 2020. ;)

Pretty much wouldn't be surprised at this point
    had they stuck with Boyle we would be getting it on October 23rd in the U.K. 4 years after Spectre.