Castro Theatre To Host James Bond 50th Anniversary

Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
edited April 2012 in News Posts: 40,372
"The Castro Theatre in San Francisco, CA is spending this upcoming weekend, April 20-22, doing just that with eight of the best Bond films playing in double and triple features as well debuting two exclusive posters created by Max Dalton and curated by Spoke Art."

http://www.slashfilm.com/cool-stuff-james-bond-50th-anniversary-marathon-posters-san-francisco/#more-125517

Posters look very cool, especially the pool scene one. The first fifteen people to any of the eight screenings get that poster for free. Anyone live near the area and plan on attending?

Comments

That's awesome! Wish I lived in San Francisco! They picked some of the best to play, that'll be quite a turn-out!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    That they did; I really wish I lived remotely close to San Francisco. I still can't get over how much I love that pool poster - I'd be sure to be first in line for something like that.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    That they did; I really wish I lived remotely close to San Francisco. I still can't get over how much I love that pool poster - I'd be sure to be first in line for something like that.

Same here! I love the idea of combining all the characters into one poster. It cracked me up to see Dr. No standing beside Sylvia Trench as if they were just casually shootin' the breeze! Hahaha.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Wow, the second poster is hilarious! But I live clear on the eastern side of the US *sob*.
    Haha, it was great. And so do I, @0Brady. Shame.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Haha, it was great. And so do I, @0Brady. Shame.

Yeah, Southeast for the win!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Those posters are rather nice. The second one with the drawing of all the characters from their respective films is really well done. Very stylish.

It makes it even worse that I can't attend the event.
    Yeah, I wish I could make it, or at least get my hands on a copy of either poster. Should be a very entertaining weekend for all who get to attend.