"Star Trek: Discovery" (CBS All Access/Netflix, 2017)

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Wow I want these models...

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Is that the Anovos model? The Enterprise nacelles on that model look different than those on the show.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Murdock wrote: »
    Is that the Anovos model? The Enterprise nacelles on that model look different than those on the show.

He said it was The Enterprise from the show, maybe they have altered the ship we saw at the end of season 1.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Gregory Peck's grandson Ethan has been cast as Spock in the upcoming season:

http://collider.com/star-trek-discovery-spock-ethan-peck/
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Gregory Peck's grandson Ethan has been cast as Spock in the upcoming season:

http://collider.com/star-trek-discovery-spock-ethan-peck/

Very brave by the show

Wow
    Looks like a huge step up compared to season one.
    edited October 2018 Posts: 23,102
    Looks like a huge step up compared to season one.

That was what I thought, credit to them for taking on board critism and addressing it..
    That looks really nice.
    They've improved the CGI effects too. A camparison pic between Season one and their Short Trek Runaway.
    qzCaaBg.jpg
    edited January 2019 Posts: 23,102
    Season 2 Premiere, the first episode is a mixed bag and not as focused as it should have been, though there were some great moments and excellent use of CGI. I can't except this as prime timeline at all though, there will have to be a major event to correct allot of things. I wish the show just said outright it was a reboot.
    The asteroid sequence was awesome
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    I am sort of a Trekkie, but I really don't care about prime timeline or not. I enjoy the characters and hope for good story-telling and convincing CGI. New season 2 episode is on German Netflix since January 18.

The Orville is also great, as it feels like STNG story-wise, with a lot of comedy added. Works surprisingly well. CGI is unconvincing, though.
    edited January 2019 Posts: 23,102
    I am watching The Orville now the second episode of season 2.

Discovery has certainly made an attempt to have more levity in its second season, though if its supposed to be in the prime timeline it's totally disregarded canon, despite the creators constantly saying they respect canon.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 23,102
    I have caught up with the recent episodes, the writing is abysmal there is too much going on which is harming the show, and I am questioning whether the people making this guff know anything about Star Trek
    I find the new series excellent and entertaining.
    I haven't cared to watch it honestly. Season one was garbage and I'm not interested in their idea of an angsty renegade Spock being molded into the character we all love because of his fan fiction adopted sister. I'll probably dive into season 2 once it's finished so I can just binge watch it.
    I haven't cared to watch it honestly. Season one was garbage and I'm not interested in their idea of an angsty renegade Spock being molded into the character we all love because of his fan fiction adopted sister. I'll probably dive into season 2 once it's finished so I can just binge watch it.

Pike is the one decent thing, Burnham being the biggest Mary Sue of all time does not help matters. In fact if they declared Burnham was God I would not be surprised.

The first episode had some good moments I am waiting for the show to do something like that again.
    SaintMark wrote: »
    I find the new series excellent and entertaining.

I am glad someone is enjoying it.

Pike is the one decent thing, Burnham being the biggest Mary Sue of all time does not help matters. In fact if they declared Burnham was God I would not be surprised.

The first episode had some good moments I am waiting for the show to do something like that again.

Pike was the only thing in the trailers that remotely sparked my interests. Burnham from the beginning has been the worst aspect of the show for me. A terrible character from conception to execution. Not even remotely likable or given any reason to care for her. If she was blown out of an airlock, I'd be happy. :))

Pike was the only thing in the trailers that remotely sparked my interests. Burnham from the beginning has been the worst aspect of the show for me. A terrible character from conception to execution. Not even remotely likable or given any reason to care for her. If she was blown out of an airlock, I'd be happy. :))

If she was blown out of a airlock in this show she would fly back in like General Leia :))

If she was blown out of a airlock in this show she would fly back in like General Leia :))

With the Superman theme playing no less. =))

With the Superman theme playing no less. =))

:))

I am watching Conscience of the King now as a antidote.
    TOS is good medicine for STD. :))
    Though I should have chosen Operation Annihilate for STD :))

STD unfortunately does not know how to let a story breath, as they are too hell bent on shoe horning Canon destroying material.

Setting this show ten years before Kirk was a BAD IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yeah that's the biggest problem their approach to serialized shows. It's a rushed mess with no time to breath. It's QoS on fast forward. It gives you no time to care about anything. Making the show pointless.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 23,102
    Yeah that's the biggest problem their approach to serialized shows. It's a rushed mess with no time to breath. It's QoS on fast forward. It gives you no time to care about anything. Making the show pointless.

Just finished watching The Conscience of the King and now watching Balance of terror I have watched these episodes hundreds of times though I am totally engaged and gripped, these episodes make me think and reflect. Sadly STD makes the audience a passive viewer and even when they have a good idea they are two quick to throw something completely different at the viewer. The writing is so unfocused it's ridiculous
  • peterpeter Toronto
    [

My buddy Alan Van Sprang plays Leland on the show. I haven't watched the second season yet, but I will support him and do so. How'd you guys like him in the role?
    peter wrote: »
    [

My buddy Alan Van Sprang plays Leland on the show. I haven't watched the second season yet, but I will support him and do so. How'd you guys like him in the role?
    In the episodes that have aired he has appeared briefly (I had to Google the character) without giving anything away he appears to be an interesting character within a certain organisation.
  • peter wrote: »
    [

Earth: Final Conflict!