ALIEN Franchise

Comments

• neonmartinineonmartini Classified
    edited March 2018 Posts: 70
    I know this might've been posted in the thread but this looks like someone we all know and love...
    367731-21307-128579-1-aliens-special.jpg

I'm sorry! I couldn't resist!

A black Bond? Forget about it!

You didn't get the joke, I'm joking about the fact that the xenomorph is dressed as James Bond...

Imagine a xenomorph and it's little jaw taking turns sipping on a shaken not stirred martini, it would already be drunk after 2 of them.
    We need Daniel Craig as an Android, that would be so cool.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    We need Daniel Craig as an Android that would be cool.

in Bond 25, you mean?
    We need Daniel Craig as an Android that would be cool.

in Bond 25, you mean?

That would spell the end of Bond as we know it.
    Retroactively, we find out they were all bondroids, all the way back to the first film.
  • I know this might've been posted in the thread but it looks like this xenomorph dressed up as someone we all know and love...
    367731-21307-128579-1-aliens-special.jpg

I'm sorry! I couldn't resist!

I think this definitively answers the question of who’s been fertilizing all them eggs.
    I think we have a "law of dimishing returns" re the fear factor within Alien movies (the above cartoon confirms this) we are way too familiar with the very thing that is meant to be scary. The original gave us very scant views, even at the very end. Aliens upped the fear by going plural and showing the Queen. So, as a scriptwiter, where do you actually go. All of the sequals have struggled with this. I think it's run it's course.
    Very good analysis. I agree with each and every word.

Blade Runner 2067? Dan Craig as Roy Batty stand in?

I'd buy that for a dollar!
    SharkBait wrote: »

Blade Runner 2067? Dan Craig as Roy Batty stand in?

I'd buy that for a dollar!

Craig does not measure up to Rutger Hauers Roy Batty and never will.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    My rule has always been and will always be that there are two Alien films; Alien and Aliens. The rest don't exist.

I'd drink to that.
    alien1gif.gif?auto=format%2Ccompress&w=700&gifq=35
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    According to James Cameron, Neil Blomkamp's Alien 5 may be back on track:

https://theplaylist.net/james-cameron-aliens-franchise-20190210/

Good. It should of never been off the track to begin with. The only reason I believe the project never went through was because it was better then Ridley's prequels.

Niel Blomkamps Alien 5 with Cameron has a producer would be amazing.
    The success of Halloween might've been an inducement to try and get this off the ground again.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    fjdinardo wrote: »

Good. It should of never been off the track to begin with. The only reason I believe the project never went through was because it was better then Ridley's prequels.

Niel Blomkamps Alien 5 with Cameron has a producer would be amazing.

There’s little doubt that Scott blocked Alien 5.
    Hopefully, with Cameron’s clout, it can get back on track.

I’m sure this will all depend on how Robocop Returns does at the B.O. Plus Neill Blomkamp is busy with two other projects; one called Greenland starring Chris Evans and another project called Gone World based on the novel by Thomas Sweterlitsch, so don’t expect anything soon. By the time Alien 5 (or whatever it’s going to be called) goes before the cameras, Sigourney is going to be 76 and the de-ageing effects are going to have to go into overdrive. I still don’t see this happening.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Cameron ‘s magic can seamlessly knock a decade plus off of her if needed. I would love to see an alternate follow-up to Aliens.
    I agree, it’s doubtful, but the fact that Cameron has mentioned an interest is reason for hope.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited February 2019 Posts: 15,686
    @bondsum Blomkamp and Evans are no longer attached to Greenland, it’s now a Gerard Butler film directed by Ric Roman Waugh.
    @bondsum Blomkamp and Evans are no longer attached to Greenland, it’s now a Gerard Butler film directed by Ric Roman Waugh.
    So that means he has Gone World lined up after Robocop Returns. Probably for the best as Greenland sounds like a bomb in the making.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    I’m afraid I’m the only person in the world that wants a conclusion to the Prometheus films
    talos7 wrote: »
    Cameron ‘s magic can seamlessly knock a decade plus off of her if needed.
    That should be an interesting press tour then (provided the film gets made). I can easily imagine De Niro having no qualms About going out and promoting a film that Shows him 30 years younger. Anyhow, that´s going to be Flashbacks if I´m not mistaken. A leading Lady in her mid 70s promoting a film that exclusively Shows her de-aged would be a whole new Level of female heroism.

I’m afraid I’m the only person in the world that wants a conclusion to the Prometheus films

No, I was really looking forward to the next one.

No, I was really looking forward to the next one.

+1
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I want a conclusion simply because I hate loose ends. Then again, Scott dropped the Engineers angle and sent Dr. Shaw into oblivion between his last two films. Now I'm completely confused. I'm sure we can discover more about the Engineers; what else was the point of Prometheus? And how about Shaw, Walter, ...?

I demand a conclusion. If it comes in the shape and form of comics, fine. But I want a conclusion. Otherwise, Scott was just pulling a "whatever" on us and he'd earn my resentment if nothing else.
    Despite the series title, IMHO, the key to the series success has been Ripley and her relationship to the Aliens. From the audience perspective, fear will only get you so far. The empathy and emotion that Ripley brought to the series cannot be underestimated (Cameron clearly saw this) and, when you consider how action roles have developed, Ripley was decades ahead of her time.

Without Ripley, Scott has clearly struggled.

I know it's too late but Newt would have been the ideal character to take the series futher. She had a very personal connection with Ripley and obviously a back story that fits in perfectly with the original story. Imagine someone of the calibre of Scarlett Johansson or similar playing Newt in her mid thirties. Great potential IMHO
    Don’t get me wrong I want a conclusion to the ridley prequel‘s as well but if i only had to pick one I take the Blomkamp squeal over a 3rd Ridley prequel any day
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I want a conclusion simply because I hate loose ends. Then again, Scott dropped the Engineers angle and sent Dr. Shaw into oblivion between his last two films. Now I'm completely confused. I'm sure we can discover more about the Engineers; what else was the point of Prometheus? And how about Shaw, Walter, ...?

I demand a conclusion. If it comes in the shape and form of comics, fine. But I want a conclusion. Otherwise, Scott was just pulling a "whatever" on us and he'd earn my resentment if nothing else.

The third film was supposed to take place between the first and second.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

I know that was what was originally reported - but last I heard, it was going to be set both before and after Covenant, with the plotlines converging at the halfway mark.

Don't quote me on that, though.

I know that was what was originally reported - but last I heard, it was going to be set both before and after Covenant, with the plotlines converging at the halfway mark.

Don't quote me on that, though.

Sounds good to me. Sorry about the quote.