What do you want from Billie Eilish's NTTD's title song?

Comments

• Did anyone catch this guy on tv last night? Good singer, and this tune was compared to a Bond song.

I've been thinking that the band Disturbed could do something epic. Or even Tom Jones doing another. Though I also think it should be a female singer this time.
    Interesting voice. Somewhat retro. Very Italian in influence. I like it.
  • Univex wrote: »

You've found a good one! Laura Mvula has a strong voice, deep resonance and can probably belt it on a ballad chorus. Similar to how Adele sings
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 6,665
    Univex wrote: »

You've found a good one! Laura Mvula has a strong voice, deep resonance and can probably belt it on a ballad chorus. Similar to how Adele sings

My thoughts exactly :) And when she sings something from Nina Simone, damn, the girl has talent.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I’m really hoping we don’t get a ballad.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    bondjames wrote: »
    You know what?
    Jamie Cullum

I had suggested him some time back on another thread. I'd like a jazzy title song (it's been a while) or at least some jazz influence. EON probably will go with someone more chart friendly and known, at least based on recent evidence.

I couldn't agree more. And listening to this one, with Laura Mvula, it really made me want a jazzy song. Just listen in from 1:33 on. Groovy.

Great voice on her, but I'd prefer something a little more up beat or laid back smooth. Like this or what Sade normally delivers.
    You know what?
    Jamie Cullum

I had suggested him some time back on another thread. I'd like a jazzy title song (it's been a while) or at least some jazz influence. EON probably will go with someone more chart friendly and known, at least based on recent evidence.

Might be wrong about this, but isn't Jamie Cullum quite well known? I've seen him on multiple chat shows etc.
    You know what?
    Jamie Cullum

Might be wrong about this, but isn't Jamie Cullum quite well known? I've seen him on multiple chat shows etc.
    I'm not really sure. I know him because I'm a bit of a jazz fan and listen to his Radio 2 show. I can't imagine he's all that well known with the Adele or Sam Smith crowd.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 17,241
    You know what?
    Jamie Cullum

I'm not really sure. I know him because I'm a bit of a jazz fan and listen to his Radio 2 show. I can't imagine he's all that well known with the Adele or Sam Smith crowd.

Oh, I certainly wouldn't put him in that bracket as far as how well known he is. Just thought he'd be a familiar enough name even for mainstream music fans to recognize.

Although I'm not a hardcore jazz fan, I'd be happy if he got the gig. Bond themes/scores have been a bit jazzy at times.
    You know what?
    Jamie Cullum

Oh, I certainly wouldn't put him in that bracket as far as how well known he is. Just thought he'd be a familiar enough name even for mainstream music fans to recognize.
    I don't think too many people, if any, will know of him stateside.
    Although I'm not a hardcore jazz fan, I'd be happy if he got the gig. Bond themes/scores have been a bit jazzy at times.
    Definitely so. Early Barry was very jazzy imho.
    You know what?
    Jamie Cullum

Wouldn't be the first artist to have Europe as his/her main market. I also wonder if the same could be said about Lissie? She's American but tours a lot in Europe, as far as I know.

Indeed he was. Everything he made between 1963-1971 had this nice jazz influence to it. From TMWTGG the scores seemed to be more orchestral, IMO. The Ipcress File is another (non-Bond) jazzy score from that era. The main theme is as good as it gets:

• DenbighDenbigh UK

Florence and the Machine would be fantastic!
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    If Florence was at Barbara’s dinner last night before the awards, one can hope.

My dream artist would be Peter Gabriel, but I know that would never happen at this point.
    You know what?
    Jamie Cullum

Wouldn't be the first artist to have Europe as his/her main market. I also wonder if the same could be said about Lissie? She's American but tours a lot in Europe, as far as I know.

Indeed he was. Everything he made between 1963-1971 had this nice jazz influence to it. From TMWTGG the scores seemed to be more orchestral, IMO. The Ipcress File is another (non-Bond) jazzy score from that era. The main theme is as good as it gets:

I agree. I've always liked his work for The Ipcress File and particularly his use of the very distinctive and mysterious cimbalom. Great film too.
    DoctorNo wrote: »
    That's what I was thinking. Here's hoping.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,834
    DoctorNo wrote: »
    That's what I was thinking. Here's hoping.
    It would make perfect sense. As a powerhouse British female vocalist, she fits perfectly and she has a slight edge to her that'd be perfect for James Bond.
    You know what?
    Jamie Cullum

I agree. I've always liked his work for The Ipcress File and particularly his use of the very distinctive and mysterious cimbalom. Great film too.

The score is definitely one of the highlights from Ipcress. Really different to Bond obviously, but still very Barry.

Love the film, and it sits safely within my top five films ever, actually. Every time I watch it I seem to notice something new about it.

But lets get back on topic! :-)
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    It will be surely be someone currently quite popular.
    But I still love Ville Valo's voice. (say that fast 3 times ...)
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    I still just want Shirley Bassey back.
  • suavejmf wrote: »
    I still just want Shirley Bassey back.

I think Dua Lipa could emulate that haunting sound, if you know what I mean.

Like someone else said, we've had two ballads, so it's probably best to get an uplifting pop rock song. Suppose it will depend on the story of B25.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Lady Gaga.
    Lady Gaga.
    Yes. Now, she could pull Bassey's haunting strong sound, couldn't she?
    Lady Gaga.

Yes she can. Gaga is the best choice for a Bond theme song. There is nothing she cant sing.
  • I think Rita Ora has a sexier voice.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Lady Gaga.
    I think Florence could also pull it off, she has such a haunting sound to her voice.
    Gaga seems like an obvious choice right now
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

^ ' I Belong To You' especially, has Bond running though it like lettering in a stick of rock

Classy, jazzy, just the ticket.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Lady Gaga.
    I think Florence could also pull it off, she has such a haunting sound to her voice.
    I know I'm mentioning her a lot, but I also wanted to show people this epic song Florence and the Machine created for Snow White and the Huntsman.
    Nice orchestral backing but any performer that uses the “millennial whoop” or a variant of it it, deserves huge derision.

Did anyone catch this guy on tv last night? Good singer, and this tune was compared to a Bond song.

I've been thinking that the band Disturbed could do something epic. Or even Tom Jones doing another. Though I also think it should be a female singer this time.

Jack Savoretti has been around for a long time now. I only ever got his first album, which has a great track called “Killing Man”.

Would be happy with Harry Connick or Jamie Cullum bringing back a more classic timeless sound.
This discussion has been closed.