No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,834
    At this rate I feel like we won't know anything about this film until the first trailer, which in some people's books would be a welcome attribute.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Italian tourist boards report that Bond 25 will shoot in Matera and Gravina in spring/summer; Lea Seydoux will shoot another film later this year
    matera-2-1024x536.jpg
    https://www.associazioneh1.it/lagente-007-conquista-matera-e-gravina/

The article mentions the Puglia region as a potential shooting location as well.

f5e41987a5f98c2ed2453dc6d62e7203.jpg
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Univex wrote: »
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    Almost 22 days until the potential press conference! Or not.

Cheer up!

tumblr_m7axz2nebI1qbyh74o1_500.gif

Great gif choice! Very symbolic of Bond 25’s pre-production ;) especially when Boyle left.

Actually, I was more like this when Boyle left:
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-14738-1380640641-0.gif

Me: Shame, we barely got to know each other.
    u47x1k8x4ue21.jpg
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I find it unusual that a Spanish Bond site made such bold claims about the filming/press conference - only for Sandgren to confirm that filming commences in April (you can't really get a more authoritative source than that).....

It seems we are still around 7 weeks out from filming commencing.

In other news, the Rooney Mara news is my new favourite rumour. But the source seems like nonsense. Some random on Twitter? No thanks. At least the Italian paper that mentioned Johnson/Stone actually confirmed a location that we hadn't heard of before and mentioned dates. I'm more inclined to believe them.

However, Mara is great. She's great in Dragon Tattoo and Carol. I personally was very captivated by her role in Una.

rooney-mara-at-givenchy-fashion-show-at-pfw-in-paris-09-30-2018-2.jpg

I literally cannot cope with anymore delays... This is ridiculous.
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    Denbigh wrote: »
    At this rate I feel like we won't know anything about this film until the first trailer, which in some people's books would be a welcome attribute.
    Hope not, just from a safety factor. People on this thread would harm themselves or others.
  • jake24 wrote: »
    So which logo will be appearing? UA, MGM, or both?

Possibly MGM, UA and Universal.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    As I just wrote one of our saner posters just now:

re: "the delay": I'll believe it when it's official.

Re: new casting: Mara would be an outstanding choice, but this is getting to be too much. I'm honestly thinking that EoN must be dropping things here and there to whoop ppl into a frenzy to misdirect. I'm not trusting anything I hear unless from @ColonelSun or the guy I know, or a couple of others on the forum who seem to have some tangible connection to production.

That's it-- Bleeding whatever is not a news source, it picks up the Collider tweet, and the Collider tweet still hasn't been verified;

I read that ppl directly asked this twit about the start date being in March and not April, and he still hasn't answered!!!

Jezass... I need a drink... (not going to have one unfortunately, but the sentiment remains the same)...
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 2,115
    antovolk wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    So which logo will be appearing? UA, MGM, or both?

Probably both, with UA replaced by Universal on the non-US versions of the film. UA is the branding for specifically the distribution operation.

I have seen some films where both studio logos appeared even though one handled U.S., the other international.

Blade Runner 2049 had one of these split distribution deals (Warner Bros. in North America, Sony/Columbia Pictures elsewhere). I looked at some poster images on Google where both logos are down at the bottom of the poser. No guarantee, of course, that's how it will play out with Bond 25. But it's possible you could get MGM, United Artists Releasing and Universal.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 6,665
    peter wrote: »
    Bleeding whatever is not a news source, it picks up the Collider tweet;
    This!
    I read that ppl directly asked this twit about the start date being in March and not April, and he still hasn't answered!!!
    He's answered. But stands by what Sandgren told him, probably in mistake. Who knows?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    As I just wrote one of our saner posters just now:

re: "the delay": I'll believe it when it's official.

Re: new casting: Mara would be an outstanding choice, but this is getting to be too much. I'm honestly thinking that EoN must be dropping things here and there to whoop ppl into a frenzy to misdirect. I'm not trusting anything I hear unless from @ColonelSun or the guy I know, or a couple of others on the forum who seem to have some tangible connection to production.

That's it-- Bleeding whatever is not a news source, it picks up the Collider tweet, and the Collider tweet still hasn't been verified;

Jezass... I need a drink... (not going to have one unfortunately, but the sentiment remains the same)...

I don't think I'll ever disagree with you @peter

Just to add, I understand that we should just be happy we're still getting the film in February, but that's not the point. It's so frustrating to be a James Bond fan because it seems to be the only franchise that doesn't reward its fans.

Marvel fans gets early trailer releases and constant updates on their projects. Star Wars fans gets constant updates and a whole Comic-Con esc celebration of the franchise which also consists of news and trailers. I understand they're on a larger scale and they have more than one film being made at one time, but we get nothing as James Bond fans. All we get is delay after delay and sh**ty casting rumours.
  • re: the "delay" (*if* there is one).

Remember that with Mission: Impossible-Fallout, the star broke his ankle. Filming schedules were altered, there was some kind of delay, etc., and it still made its release date. And nobody is suggesting Bond 25's release date (the main thing) has been changed at all.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    With respect, I highly doubt Sandgren of all people would make this kind of mistake. A one month push-back makes reasonable sense and, while hugely annoying, can only be beneficial to the end product.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    With respect, I highly doubt Sandgren of all people would make this kind of mistake. A one month push-back makes reasonable sense and, while hugely annoying, can only be beneficial to the end product.

You're right there @jake24, I just hope we get something substantial in the next month or two. Even if filming doesn't' start till April, they can still get away with giving us the press-conference. Surely you're not gonna have a title and a cast at the last possible minute.
    Bleeding Cool can’t be bothered to proofread, let alone fact check so I’ll wait for a more official source.
    Maybe we'll find out from Daniel at the Oscars red carpet.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Also, can anyone remember when Malek was supposed to start shooting Mr. Robot? Maybe they wanna wait for him?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    He's answered. But stands by what Sandgren told him, probably in mistake. Who knows?
    ; ok so I'm catching up-- glad he answered. And he could be right. But until EoN changes dates officially, this is still a misstatement or a rumour. On IMdBPro it reports the start date of shooting:

Filming Dates
    1 filming date

Start Details
    March 2019

IMDbPro is based on membership. Nobody can touch a production page without proper verification.

Anything that's official with this film, remains as a March start (as I cut n pasted above). This could obviously change, but until it's done officially, from those that count, it has not budged from the original announcement-- and this tweet was delivered when? Early today?? You'd think EoN would let Deadline know? Change the date on their official ImDBPro Production Page?

Or what about the official 007 FB?
    Official 007 website?
    Official 007 Twitter Page?

None of these more resourceful media providers have gone along with this change od shoot dates.

None...
    ; you'll live to regret that-- you're gonna make some on this site run for the closest washroom, friend.

So...

For USA- MGM logo, UA logo, possible Annapurna logo (although the UA logo possibly makes that redundant), then Gunbarrel

For International- MGM logo, UA logo, Universal logo, Gunbarrel

It's a small thing but it's cool to think about
  • peter wrote: »
    ; ok so I'm catching up-- glad he answered. And he could be right. But until EoN changes dates officially, this is still a misstatement or a rumour. On IMdBPro it reports the start date of shooting:

Filming Dates
    1 filming date

Start Details
    March 2019

IMDbPro is based on membership. Nobody can touch a production page without proper verification.

Anything that's official with this film, remains as a March start (as I cut n pasted above). This could obviously change, but until it's done officially, from those that count, it has not budged from the original announcement-- and this tweet was delivered when? Early today?? You'd think EoN would let Deadline know? Change the date on their official ImDBPro Production Page?

Official 007 website?

None of these more resourceful media providers have gone along with this change od shoot dates.

None...
    ; you'll live to regret that-- you're gonna make some on this site run for the closest washroom, friend.

I think you're getting distracted. why would Eon announce this? It's a non-story. The start date got pushed a few weeks. It no big deal. It has no impact on the film's release. I'll refer you to @jake24 for some peace of mind...

It's coming on the 14 Feb 2020 regardless.
  • peterpeter Toronto

Filming Dates
    1 filming date

Start Details
    March 2019

Official 007 website?

None...

I think you're getting distracted. why would Eon announce this? It's a non-story. The start date got pushed a few weeks. It no big deal. It has no impact on the film's release. I'll refer you to @jake24 for some peace of mind...

It's coming on the 14 Feb 2020 regardless.

Relax, Pierce2Daniel... -- number one, as I just wrote another sane poster, delays on films happen ALL the time.

But, @Pierce2Daniel, it IS newsworthy in the entertainment industry because it usually means a new development has arisen to cause a postponement.

So delaying principal means a new development. That is news. And outlets like those I mentioned change shooting dates accordingly.

I also don't think Sandgren misspoke. I do believe he could have been MISQUOTED by the twit who writes for Collider.

So as I just moments ago told another poster, I am merely playing Devil's Advocate (and for good reason), until it is officially announced that principal, has indeed, been postponed for a month.

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    I'm still holding out hope that Sonoya Mizuko will be cast...

63ede6aa9513fc3871dd4d8a8db4aa06.jpg

Also, again, is it possible that they are delaying filming so they can have Malek as their villain? Just a thought.
    They could still have a conference on the 28th, close to the 4th, which was the date the announced officially. And then start shooting close to a month later. Couldn't they? Just to save face. Not that they have to, of course.
    I understand we are not owed anything. But as the above poster said, eon doesn't give much in the way to the fans like other franchises do in terms of updates and frequent consistent films. They need to get off their high horse a bit and get this film up and going, just too many delays. Why cant EON do this. Other franchises can easily retain a 2-3 year cycle.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    When a film is delayed, it means a new development (positive, or negative) has taken place. It is newsworthy when this happens (positive or negative). Media outlets like Variety call it "An Exclusive":

https://variety.com/2017/film/news/mission-impossible-6-faces-production-delay-after-tom-cruise-injured-exclusive-1202528831/

https://deadline.com/2018/02/blake-lively-the-rhythm-section-to-resume-film-production-in-june-1202278589/

https://deadline.com/2018/10/flash-film-2021-dc-release-1202483476/

Here are just three recent examples of an "exclusive" when filming was delayed. There tends to be an official announcement by the producers.

We may all wake up tomorrow and official word has been published re: a delay.

We may wake up and see the DoP was misquoted and principal is still on track.

We may wake up and find Aidan Turner is now Bond, with Cruise producing and Nolan directing.

But until an exclusive and official announcement is made...

Meanwhile, I have a very annoying nostril hair that keeps making me sneeze. Awfully embarrassing. While I tend to this very real problem, far more important to me than whether B25 is delayed by a few weeks or not, I wish everyone a fitful sleep-- more rumours are sure to be on the way to make heads explode...
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    This board needs a quick laugh to break the damn tension...

giphy.gif

OK. Carry on...
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Just wanted to give this a boost.

What would people think a different actress from Fukunaga's Maniac being a Bond girl?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    RC7 wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    One thing is certain: the March 4th start date clearly referred to the when the main unit would begin filming. So if the main unit won’t start filming in 27 days, then there is a delay, no matter how the Barbara Broccoli acolytes will try to spin it.

We should probably boycott the film.
    After I read the leaked script of Spectre, I knew it was going to be awful. I still watched it. At home. Only once. It’s pretty much impossible Bond 25 will be worse than Spectre.

That leaked script appears to be your ‘precious’. I can imagine you sitting in a dank cave clutching it... its contents sucking your soul dry, but still... you can’t let it go. Your own. Your precious.

Commence the screaming and babble of 'EoN'!.....'Broccoli'!..
  • Denbigh wrote: »

What would people think a different actress from Fukunaga's Maniac being a Bond girl?

I thought she was great in Maniac! I'd love to see her in a future Bond, if not B25 ;).
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

I thought she was great in Maniac! I'd love to see her in a future Bond, if not B25 ;).
    Indeed, she was fantastic! I think she fits perfectly into the James Bond universe, and could easily play the female MI6 agent that is rumoured to appear in Bond 25.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,630
    Just give me something like this at the opening of Bond 25 and I'll be a happy camper (for the first few minutes or so but still)