No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Did anyone notice how chummy Daniel and Emma were during the Golden Globes?

Maybe he got drunk again and asked her if she wanted to be in Bond 25.

The issue is I think this is where the rumour stems from. She just recently worked with his wife, so of course people are going to link her to James Bond.

And with Cary.

If EON are being very secretive they could use 'The Favourite' as a cover. No one would think twice about DC being a supportive husband, nor Emma being in London or LA for the BAFTAs and Oscars.

All very unlikely of course.

What do you mean by use 'The Favourite' as a cover?
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia

The issue is I think this is where the rumour stems from. She just recently worked with his wife, so of course people are going to link her to James Bond.

And with Cary.

If EON are being very secretive they could use 'The Favourite' as a cover. No one would think twice about DC being a supportive husband, nor Emma being in London or LA for the BAFTAs and Oscars.

I meant, that 'The Favourite' is up for pretty much every award, and DC is there with RW, and so is ES, so no one would think anything odd of them being round each other or in the same locations at the same time. They're just supporting the film. But if the ES rumour is true, they could also be prepping for B25 right in front of us.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

So congratulations to a small local newspaper for being the first worldwide to come up with such an obvious connection. XD

BTW the first Italian newspaper that talked about Matera was the most read in the whole country, and then after some hours this local one gave more details. But only the local one mentioned Stone and Johnson as “potential” Bond girls.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,834

And with Cary.

I meant, that 'The Favourite' is up for pretty much every award, and DC is there with RW, and so is ES, so no one would think anything odd of them being round each other or in the same locations at the same time. They're just supporting the film. But if the ES rumour is true, they could also be prepping for B25 right in front of us.

It's a fair thought, I'm just not sure how much I can believe it. I personally hope that Fukunaga goes for a more unknown and international cast. Having two Americans as the Bond girls kind of limits that. Also, that means Lea Seydoux would then be our only international female cast member? Even The World is Not Enough had Sophie Marceau as the film's villain and Bond girl, alongside Denise Richards.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Dakota Johnson could play the protege role well.
    dakota-johnson-and-barbara-broccoli-attend-the-academy-of-motion-picture-id1052187188

That girl on the right is definitely Bond girl material!! I say give her a call!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Never understood what's so interesting with Emma Stone, to be honest. OK actress that comes across as annoying in interviews, IMO.
    I quite agree. I like her as an actress, but she's a bit overexposed imho, and I'd much rather not see her in a Bond film.

Dakota Johnson on the other hand is definite James Bond material imho, Fifty Shades notwithstanding. I actually recommended her on the Who should be a Bond girl thread a few weeks back. Stunning, and with excellent acting pedigree to boot.

I seriously doubt either will be cast however.
    Suspiria and A Bigger Splash (with Fiennes) showed she can act. And she's definitely a looker. But, as you say, I doubt she'll be cast.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Never understood what's so interesting with Emma Stone, to be honest. OK actress that comes across as annoying in interviews, IMO.
    I quite agree. I like her as an actress, but she's a bit overexposed imho, and I'd much rather not see her in a Bond film.

Dakota Johnson on the other hand is definite James Bond material imho, Fifty Shades notwithstanding. I actually recommended her on the Who should be a Bond girl thread a few weeks back. Stunning, and with excellent acting pedigree to boot.

I seriously doubt either will be cast however.

Overexposed is a good way to put it.

Never seen Dakota Johnson in anything, actually. Coming from an acting family, she can't be all bad though.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    vzok wrote: »
    Jamaica? Then we need some calypso for the soundtrack.

Monty? Are you doing anything in 2020?

He will hit 90 in April. I'm sure, he has another Bond theme in him. ;) ;) ;)
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil

Not to mention that she’s close to Fukunaga.

Seydoux and one of Johnson or Stone would make one of the best Bond girl line ups ever.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 17,241
    TB says hello – also CR, QoS etc.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    If I was to choose any actress (and I've said this before) from Fukunaga's past work it would be Sonoya Mizuno. She is Japanese-born British actress who starred in Maniac, alongside Emma Stone. Slso starred in Ex Machina with Alicia Vikander and Oscar Isaac.
    All of this sounds good to me... the cast and locations are shaping up nicely
    Still holding out some hope for a female villain as well. It’s been a while since we had one.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Still holding out some hope for a female villain as well. It’s been a while since we had one.

I think we're more likely to get a female henchwoman, but I definitely agree :)

I think we're more likely to get a female henchwoman, but I definitely agree :)

I'd be satisfied with that, so long as it's done well!
    Dakota could be the mi6 agent but unsure what role (if this is legit) stone will play
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 4,400

Well, Johnson fits the femme-fatale archetype. Essentially the credibility of the Italian report hinges on whether that location is confirmed. The casting suggestions seem random enough to be true.

tumblr_pfuj68ZhPD1wmqbopo1_400.gif

Though, I just looked online and Johnson was cast earlier this week in a new film due to film next month:
    http://collider.com/dakota-johnson-jason-segel-casey-affleck-the-friend-movie/
    There's a chance it's a small film and can be done around Bond 25 - but still it immediately throws a large grain of salt into this situation.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,834
    While both the actresses are great in the work they've done, the choices (if true) seem stale and uninspiring. I remember when I saw they'd cast Naomie Harris and Berenice Marlohe (although I wasn't aware of who Marlohe was at the time), it felt right and felt like the casting of old. It wasn't because of their star power or their fans, they were just right for the part and was completely left field from the usual American-star we're used to getting in other films.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Definitely wouldn't want Stone or Johnson in the film, but those rumours seem unsubstantiated.
  • I'm glad more exotic locations are popping up.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Definitely wouldn't want Stone or Johnson in the film, but those rumours seem unsubstantiated.
    If they both appeared in the film then Bond 25 would have the best cast of any Bond film by a MILE.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited February 2019 Posts: 10,586
    If they both appeared in the film then Bond 25 would have the best cast of any Bond film by a MILE.
    Can't say I agree. I don't know how I'd feel with two American Bond girls in one film.

I'd much prefer exotic unknowns like Marlohe (as a side note, they'll never get this lucky casting a Bond girl for a long time).
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 17,241
    For me, a bit of the fun with the Bond films is when they cast unfamiliar names. They usually make a good impression.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,541

Well, Johnson fits the femme-fatale archetype. Essentially the credibility of the Italian report hinges on whether that location is confirmed. The casting suggestions seem random enough to be true.

Though, I just looked online and Johnson was cast earlier this week in a new film due to film next month:
    There's a chance it's a small film and can be done around Bond 25 - but still it immediately throws a large grain of salt into this situation.

Is it just me or she looked slightly similar to Elektra king from TWINE in that picture.

YES! :D

Not to mention drop dead gorgeous.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

Is it just me or she looked slightly similar to Elektra king from TWINE in that picture.
    No it's not just you, Dakota definitely has a bit of a Sophie Marceau look going on. Similarly sultry.
    Stone likely won't make it, Johnson on the other hand has a shot as a female villain but ion still skeptical.