No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• If it's such a bloody hardship for you to read this thread, then . . . don't this this thread. Simple as that.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited February 2019 Posts: 15,686
    octofinger wrote: »
    If it's such a bloody hardship for you to read this thread, then . . . don't this this thread. Simple as that.

For some users, this thread is more addictive than the hardest of drugs. We've reached 2065 pages talking & arguing over basically nothing, as filming starts in 1 month and we still know very little about B25.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    If it's such a bloody hardship for you to read this thread, then . . . don't this this thread. Simple as that.

For some users, this thread is more addictive than the hardest of drugs. We've reached 2065 pages talking & arguing over basically nothing, as filming starts in 1 month and we still know very little about B25.
    It's the Seinfeld of threads, complete with its own MI6 form of neurosis. A legend.

True, I need some methadone by now ;) But hey, in the intervals of doing some really real stuff, like saving folks lives, it's fun to see us all squirm with anxiety for something really trivial and...well...fun.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Pumped and optimistic! Let’s roll!
  • CatchingBulletsCatchingBullets facebook.com/catchingbullets
    It might be worth pointing out that the alleged figure from the alleged funding body is - for a film of Bond's size - quite a paltry sum.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 613
    bondjames wrote: »
    I suspect Soderbergh was talking about Solo as well, but it still surprises me because I thought he was done with big studio films.

But SOLO has been filmed and released. It's now old news. I find it surprising that Soderbergh would still be sworn to secrecy.

I think he was referring to Bond 25.

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Escalus5 wrote: »
    I suspect Soderbergh was talking about Solo as well, but it still surprises me because I thought he was done with big studio films.

But SOLO has been filmed and released and is available for purchase. It's now old news. I find it surprising that Soderbergh would still be sworn to secrecy.

I think he was referring to Bond 25.
    Good point. It's possible. Solo seems a bit far out of his wheelhouse too, while Bond is within the realm of possibility.

It's the Seinfeld of threads, complete with its own MI6 form of neurosis. A legend.

Ain't that the truth, dear friend. Well said.
    Univex wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    Getting very excited now. Bond 25 begins production next month!

My feelings exactly. And I'm actually crossing my fingers and hoping for no news at all. I want to be caught by surprise for a change. In other productions, I usually know the cast, crew, sometimes I had read the script already. And it had some fun to it, but in other aspects, it took the fun away. I hope they keep a tight lid on everything. No leaks, please. No info. None at all. Please!

THIS! Thank you! :)

It's hard enough to stop myself from reading spoilers when these things are in production. Or checking out every new image. Or watching every trailer obsessively.

The very thing being complained about most is the thing I love most about Bond 25 right now. We know next to nothing. It could be anything. And soon, we're going to start finding out. I'm actually trying to enjoy these last moments while it's all still open possibility.
    AgentM72 wrote: »

My feelings exactly. And I'm actually crossing my fingers and hoping for no news at all. I want to be caught by surprise for a change. In other productions, I usually know the cast, crew, sometimes I had read the script already. And it had some fun to it, but in other aspects, it took the fun away. I hope they keep a tight lid on everything. No leaks, please. No info. None at all. Please!

It's hard enough to stop myself from reading spoilers when these things are in production. Or checking out every new image. Or watching every trailer obsessively.

The very thing being complained about most is the thing I love most about Bond 25 right now. We know next to nothing. It could be anything. And soon, we're going to start finding out. I'm actually trying to enjoy these last moments while it's all still open possibility.

It's the breath before the plunge, dear friend. Let's take it in ;)

Base-Jump.gif
    It would be hilarious if Ron Howard ends up directing the movie.
  • Univex wrote: »

This says more about your own self control if nothing else.

I’m not going to read spoilers or the script before I see the film. The fact that people did for Spectre still puzzles me.

However, it’s a completely different story in terms of cast/crew/location updates. These are essential components of any film in pre-production. All I want are some morsels.

Most indie films cast very last minute – some big productions leave it quite late as well. The only difference though is big name talent is usually booked up. If Eon want ‘stars’ – which has been the rumour – they may be running outta time (assuming they haven’t signed someone up already).

In other news, Barbara Broccoli did not personally collect her BIFA award last night in central London. Can we assume she's in LA working on the film - or perhaps even on location?

@Pierce2Daniel, you sir, are a real spy. Lucky for us that you're around. Thank you.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,834

I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to get Lady Gaga to be honest. I know she's very pop, like Dua Lipa, but she's way more adaptable to a new sound. Just listen to this:

TBH I semi expect Craig to request Adele come back for his final outing. It's not like Eon haven't reused opening acts before.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 4,619
    Is it really possible? Could it be that THE press conference we all have been waiting for since the end of 2015 will be held within ONE month? Feels surreal!
  • It's the calm before the storm I say, 1 month to go!
    B25. Is it cursed?
    Is it really possible? Could it be that THE press conference we all have been waiting for since the end of 2015 will be held within ONE month? Feels surreal!
    Not all have been waiting for it. I am amongst those who could do well without. Fury Road all the way, yeay :-)!

boldfinger wrote: »
    Not all have been waiting for it. I am amongst those who could do well without. Fury Road all the way, yeay :-)!

Same. It wouldn't matter to me if it wasn't a press conference. I usually just skip to the title reveal and check who's among the cast. I've yet to this day to watch a press conference in full.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,834
    It'll be interesting, if they do have a press conference, when will we find out? Because obviously the press will need to know quite a bit of time before so they can organise who they're going to send and what time and so on. My guess for the date would between the 1st - 2nd, with an announcent of the date maybe mid-February, seeing as they start filming at Pinewood on the 4th.

Also I'm very interested in the words Barbara and Michael used when they announced Fukunaga as director. They mentioned his "versatility" and "innovation".
    I just checked SP’s conference/production situation. The conference was held December 4 and the shooting began December 8 (2014). The 4th had been a Thursday. If the pattern repeats we would get our new one on the 28th? Whenever it is it probably will be a week within shooting.
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Also I'm very interested in the words Barbara and Michael used when they announced Fukunaga as director. They mentioned his "versatility" and "innovation".
    I interpret this as he isn't getting a monster budget.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    DoctorNo wrote: »
    I interpret this as he isn't getting a monster budget.

You really think they're gonna spare any expense on Craig's last film. This isn't the time for a low-budget Bond film.
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    All I can say is at least we are another day closer to learning the facts.

What makes you say this?

Well sooner or later their will be a press conference.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I just checked SP’s conference/production situation. The conference was held December 4 and the shooting began December 8 (2014). The 4th had been a Thursday. If the pattern repeats we would get our new one on the 28th? Whenever it is it probably will be a week within shooting.

Well it is certainly something to look forward too. Getting exciting now!!!
    I hope they do a SP like press event opposed to a full on "press conference" Title reveal, cast reveal, and a few juicy details. Sometimes the world press ask the most dumb questions or ones that obviously can't be answered. SF's was a lot like that. Give us the info you're ready to give us and then move on. I can't wait!