Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Subnautica (PS4)
    Finished the game earlier. As I left my base for the last time, releasing my Cuddlefish into the wild, and climbed about the Neptune, ready for departure, I felt a tinge of sadness as my journey, which had many moments of awe and panic, on the planet ended. It was a really good game, some of the deep sea biomes were truly beautiful, but the pop-in was, at times, very bad.
    I can't stop playing Battlefield V for some reason.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Resident Evil 2

Oh dear Jesus, I'm so glad this game exists.
    The original or the REmake?

I just played through the first game's remake, with both character, in preparion of friday, when I get the re2: REmake.
    Nightfire (PC and PS2):

I'd only played the PC version of Nightfire before, and the memories were pleasant though vague. I started playing the PS2 version this time. I love the fact this version has a pre-title sequence. The New Year's Eve setting is a great little touch that makes it much more interesting. The Austrian castle level is one of the highlights of the game. Perfectly captures that Bondian feel and is great fun to play. The escape from the castle, with its crazy vehicular action, is truly exhilarating. The game's locations and settings are gorgeous, the gameplay is engaging and varied and the gadgets and gadget-filled vehicles are especially enjoyable to use, as well as to see and hear onscreen. Drake makes a fine villain. The plot is interesting if a bit lacking in detail, and there is some enjoyable intrigue with the character of Mayhew and the fact he asks MI6 for protection from his own boss. Brosnan doesn't lend his voice to Bond but Maxwell Caulfield does an okay job. He is a little flat but the voice fits.

I was a little confused when I started playing the PS2 castle level, as something about the layout of the outside of the castle seemed off. Revisiting the PC version clarified things for me, since the layout is significantly different, and almost mirrored when compared against the PS2 version. This is in fact true of the entire game. The PC version lacks the pre-title sequence and the vehicular levels, but it has its own unique qualities. A good number of levels were added to it to make up for the lack of vehicular missions, and they are quite enjoyable. The levels in which you traverse Drake's island by foot are especially satisfactory-- I greatly missed walking the island in the PS2 version. The little segment in which you photograph the ladies at the castle party is a nice touch. In this version, Drake's henchman Rook gets a much more cinematic and memorable death, even though it happens too early. I also adore how here we get to see Drake's office in the lower levels of the island complex. Fantastic stuff. I think this version (or was it the PS2 version?) also has some exclusive dialogue from Drake (through a speaker in the complex) in which he explains the motivations for his evil plan, something which is very welcome. On the negative side, the final battle with Drake is not as interesting as the PS2 one, and the worst sin of them all: the level in which you escape from the Phoenix building in Japan has been extended so much that it becomes very, very frustrating and tedious.

There is a fan-made Nightfire project waiting to happen that should combine the PC and PS2 levels into a single experience. I love this game. We need more games like this.
    Just bought Wolfenstein:The New Order.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    SharkBait wrote: »
    The original or the REmake?

I just played through the first game's remake, with both character, in preparion of friday, when I get the re2: REmake.

The Remake. Been playing it over.the past few days. Amazingly faithful to the original RE2, considering the time that's passed.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Spectacular review, @mattjoes.
    Spectacular review, @mattjoes.

Thank you, Mr. @ClarkDevlin.
  • Apex Legends is curiously addictive. And I don’t even like battle Royale.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    GetCarter wrote: »
    Apex Legends is curiously addictive. And I don’t even like battle Royale.

If you haven’t tried Titanfall I’d highly recommend it as it’s the same developers.
  • GetCarter wrote: »

If you haven’t tried Titanfall I’d highly recommend it as it’s the same developers.

Yep, really enjoyed the single player campaign of titanfall 2.

Yep, really enjoyed the single player campaign of titanfall 2.

I absolutely love that game!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Earlier I started streaming Sherlock Holmes: The Devils Daughter. Not much to say on it yet, other than why was Watsons look changed so much from the last game, when Holmes looks more or less the same?
    Goldeneye N64 soundtrack full remake!
    Can more people play this

https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/19035/bond-video-game-elimination-game-2-0#latest

I feel like I am playing with myself...and not in a fun way
    Single-player campaign never hurt anyone. :D
    More streaming of Sherlock Holmes: The Devils Daughter. I was actually on the edge of my seat during the sequence where Holmes is being hunted in the woods.
    I can’t beat Tomorrow never dies I am now convinced it is impossible
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    Risico007 wrote: »

You and me both.
    Just wrapped up my fourth run on Resident Evil 2 Remake. Such a beautiful game to play, but never, ever play it with the standard music. It's a lack more than anything, with an emphasis on silence that doesn't work at all. Spring for the music swap DLC, it's cheap and all but necessary.

@Risico007 I had the same problem. I just used the “50 of everything” cheat code so I could slam health packs constantly during the helicopter fight. It’s better than the “invincibility and no clip” code which would just make it too easy. I don’t generally like to use cheats on a first play through, but it really does feel impossible and I hated the game so much I just wanted to finish it.

50 of everything: select, select, circle, circle, L1, L1, R1, R1

More codes: https://www.gamespot.com/007-tomorrow-never-dies/cheats/
    That game has chests?!
    That game has chests?!

Those cheats were a huge lifesaver when I found them.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Lately I've been playing some Online games. GTA 5 Online, Command & Conquer: Renegade and Goldeneye Source. You can find me by the nickname 'Xtreemo' on any of them (no commas). :D
    Although, my game on the pause menu would freeze more often whenever I enter those cheats. Some of them are time-limited, as well. The time isn’t specified, however. Depends on the software’s mood. Should the pause menu freeze over, tap the same cheat code repeatedly again until the game automatically resumes itself.
    I've never heard of Evil Genius before, but it's definitely very Bond inspired:
    I played that game before. It’s got a terrific soundtrack. Especially the main menu theme. I always view it as a prequel to the first NOLF game.

@Risico007 I had the same problem. I just used the “50 of everything” cheat code so I could slam health packs constantly during the helicopter fight. It’s better than the “invincibility and no clip” code which would just make it too easy. I don’t generally like to use cheats on a first play through, but it really does feel impossible and I hated the game so much I just wanted to finish it.

Beat it without codes

Beat it without codes

You are a more patient and persevering player than I.