The Colders Federation

Comments

• Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Thank you, @Dragonpol!

So, what happens if we're in a cinema a month or two before release and a B25 trailer gets shown? Eyes shut and fingers in ears?
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited August 2018 Posts: 17,727
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Thank you, @Dragonpol!

So, what happens if we're in a cinema a month or two before release and a B25 trailer gets shown? Eyes shut and fingers in ears?

My pleasure @Agent_99. We're glad to have you with us in this endeavour! :)

I regrettably don't visit the cinema very often (only really for Bond films and if lucky the odd non-Bond film) so it's not really a problem for me. However, for other members of the Colders Federation, I would suggest having a blindfold and some heavy-duty earmuffs on your person on any future cinema visit as an absolute must. Thus, one can safely avoid any Bond 25 trailer promotion contamination! It really is that simple.
    Sounds like a plan. Luckily, I'm squeamish enough that most people I go to the cinema with are used to being asked to tell me when I can open my eyes again.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Yes, you can bring earmuffs.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Sounds like a plan. Luckily, I'm squeamish enough that most people I go to the cinema with are used to being asked to tell me when I can open my eyes again.

I suspect the reaction will rather be "Damn! Oh well..."
    Yes, you can bring earmuffs.

She should. After all, @Agent_99, my dear girl, there are some things that just aren't done, like running into the Bond 25 trailer at the movies without carrying earmuffs!
    Who else is tired of the junk heap called The Production Diary? Come with us if you want to live.
    Today, the Bond 25 Production Diary as we know it is corrupt and decadent. Inevitably, it will destroy itself. By creating the Colders Federation, we are merely accelerating the process.
    I hope so.
    Type The Colders Federation into Google and this is the first result.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.

The same is true on DuckDuckGo, which is even more impressive as that search engine doesn’t use cookies or personalize results, so it has nothing to do with my Bond interests skewing the result.
    So strange!

That's a good sign that you and @Creasy47 have made something original!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Dragonpol wrote: »

That's a good sign that you and @Creasy47 have made something original!

In other words, trademark that bad boy and we'll be sitting on a beach, earning 20 percent.
    3LOrv5O.jpg
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 6,682
    At any rate, going by the letter, I can't be your president. I also heard --uh, read-- the news.

But surely whatever we might've discovered is not as important as whether we discovered it through an intentional search. I didn't --damned spoiler text plugin betrayed me on Facebook--, and the letter seems to suggest I'm not alone.

Anyway, aren't such struggles part of what we must face as Colders? One can't just throw in the towel at the first sign of adversity. The spirit of Colders and its pursuit of a spoiler-free Bond experience remains alive in me. I can feel it. Personally, I must say there is a higher chance of Zao returning for Bond 25 than of me looking at stills, trailers, cast lists, plot summaries and spoilerific threads. I'm going in as blind as possible.
    And please, if Zao is indeed coming back, keep it to yourself.
    edited December 2018 Posts: 17,727
    Goodness. I really wasn't expecting this turn of events this morning. Like @mattjoes has said above, I think you should consider staying on as CEO of the Colders Federation, @PropertyOfALady. This was all your idea along with @Creasy47 so I think you should remain in position and see it through to the end.

As @mattjoes said you haven't really committed a "crime" against the Federation as a third party brought you the Bond 25 news. It's not as if you went out proactively seeking it, which would have been against the rules. I think that there is an important distinction to be made there.
    edited December 2018 Posts: 3,099
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    As @mattjoes said you haven't really committed a "crime" against the Federation as a third party brought you the Bond 25 news.

Yeah! This is the Colders Federation, not Whamageddon.
    Well, if we've all heard it.....I'm staying.
    Well, if we've all heard it.....I'm staying.

As CEO of the Colders Federation? That's great news! :)
    Technically, my tenure wasn't up. :)
    Technically, my tenure wasn't up. :)

Like every lawyer, I do love technicalities! ;)
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 6,682
    Is there any way we can avoid knowing the title of Bond 25 for as long as possible when it is made public? I know eventually someone will tell me or I'll see it somewhere (and after all, I'll have to say the name to buy the ticket) but I wonder if I can delay that moment.

My internet browser has a spoiler plugin that hides text, but you have to paste the text into it first. Maybe I'll just squint my eyes when I do it.
    Oh, wow! That's going to be near impossible. If you go to a movie and they would play the trailer, you're done.
    I've got so used to calling it Bond 25, it's going to be really weird when it gets a proper title.
    edited January 2019 Posts: 3,675
    It'd be really crazy if Bond 25 were the actual title.
    Oh, wow! That's going to be near impossible. If you go to a movie and they would play the trailer, you're done.

Yes, I know that. But that is unavoidable, though I must say don't go to the movies much, and even if the trailer plays I can always look away-- even if hear something, I won't know for sure it's the title.

The internet is more difficult to deal with though. I take it the Bond 25 Production Diary will be renamed once the title is revealed? By knowing when that'll happen I might be able to do something about it.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    mattjoes wrote: »

Yes, I know that. But that is unavoidable, though I must say don't go to the movies much, and even if the trailer plays I can always look away-- even if hear something, I won't know for sure it's the title.

The internet is more difficult to deal with though. I take it the Bond 25 Production Diary will be renamed once the title is revealed? By knowing when that'll happen I might be able to do something about it.

You'd pretty much have to avoid the Internet and theater visits in its entirety if you're hoping to avoid the title. Even still, how would you go about avoiding the title on opening day in theaters?
    "What film would you like to see?"
    "That one about the British spy who kills people in very strange ways."
    "Ah, I think that would be (title).
    "Oh, eff you! You've ruined it now."

Ticket person looks on, baffled.