Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

First trailer for Spider-Man: Far From Home confirmed for January 15th.

Great news because I'm wondering how Marvel Studios will start next phase of MCU.

• edited January 2019 Posts: 5,767
    Isn´t it going to be a bit tricky, to Show something of post-AE Spidey, before explaining how he gets de-dusted? I´m confused already.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Isn´t it going to be a bit tricky, to Show something of post-AE Spidey, before explaining how he gets de-dusted? I´m confused already.

It's possible far from home happens before?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

The confirmed synopsis of Far From Home literally states the film takes place after the events of Endgame.

The confirmed synopsis of Far From Home literally states the film takes place after the events of Endgame.

Okay, I'm not a Marvel guy. I did like the last Spidey film though. Had kinda coming of age vibe going on.

Either way I´m confused.

Either way I´m confused.

It’s Marvel they do what they want lol...

Honestly I am more intrigued if RDJ is going to be back or not
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Exactly 100 days left until Avengers: Endgame is released in its first batch of countries (Australia, Denmark, France, Italy, Netherlands, Sweden & Singapore on April 24th).
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.

Maybe they'll just show a big pile of dust.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Exactly 100 days left until Avengers: Endgame is released in its first batch of countries (Australia, Denmark, France, Italy, Netherlands, Sweden & Singapore on April 24th).
    This can't get here soon enough as far as I'm concerned. It will be bittersweet though, given it will be the 'end' for some beloved interpretations.
    Spider-Man: Far From Home trailer at 2pm UK time tomorrow.
  • Hats off to Marvel for keep the lid on Endgame so tightly - only 100 days out! I've not been following too closely, so perhaps the superfans have already had all sorts of spoilers. But from the perspective of a casual fan I think it's been remarkably well controlled.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Ropey CG aside, this looks fun and is something a bit new/different for big-screen Spidey. Looking forward to it.
    I agree on the CGI being ropey. I hope they fix that before release.

Man, Marisa Tomei looks quite fantastic. I had to replay to make sure it was her, because I know she's no spring chicken. I'm impressed.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    The trailer got interesting when Mysterio showed up
    edited January 2019 Posts: 23,883
    BTW, is Tomei supposed to be playing younger in that clip? She looks almost digitally younger. I wonder if there's some time travel stuff going on.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Tomei just never ages, I remember her in the film with RDJ Only You gorgeous woman.
  • So is this before or after Infinity War? I was wondering if the first time we saw Peter in IW on the schoolbus, it could be coming HOME from this trip?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    After infinity war.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    So is this before or after Infinity War? I was wondering if the first time we saw Peter in IW on the schoolbus, it could be coming HOME from this trip?

Officially it's after. But that may just be a ploy...
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    royale65 wrote: »
    So is this before or after Infinity War? I was wondering if the first time we saw Peter in IW on the schoolbus, it could be coming HOME from this trip?

Officially it's after. But that may just be a ploy...

Indeed, I never take what is official until I've actually seen the film. Especially now, where the universe timeline is more complicated with each passing film. FAR FROM HOME is the first film where they seemingly had a marketing conundrum - one that they've either ignored or found a way around without being transparent about it, and will actually use the resulting confusion for the film's benefit.
    This seems meh sorry I just I dunno
    edited January 2019 Posts: 7,971
    I thought that was really good. Didn't reveal too much.

Another film set in London though...
    :-w
  • Maybe it’s just me, but doesn’t that cheapen Infinity War?
    I mean we all knew he’d be back but maybe they could have waited a year, lol.
    Or if nothing else, drop this trailer after Endgame came out
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Maybe it’s just me, but doesn’t that cheapen Infinity War?

Too close to the release date for that, and we all know what happened to Solo when that waited too long for it's marketting to start.

That looks fun, laughing already!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Mysterio looks cool.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Maybe it’s just me, but doesn’t that cheapen Infinity War?

Blame Sony.