Mission: Impossible - films and tv series

Comments

boldfinger wrote: »
    It´s just gonna take some time till they make it, Cruise has to finish his Astronaut Training first.

Interesting how (unless I am mistaken) Tom Cruise has never gone to outer space or had a ski-based action sequence in any of his films (not just the 6 Mission Impossible outings he starred in).

I recall him being in space in Oblivion.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    M_Blaise wrote: »
    It´s just gonna take some time till they make it, Cruise has to finish his Astronaut Training first.

Interesting how (unless I am mistaken) Tom Cruise has never gone to outer space or had a ski-based action sequence in any of his films (not just the 6 Mission Impossible outings he starred in).

I recall him being in space in Oblivion.

True he nukes the mother ship, underatted film.
    So in MI7 he could fly into space, nuke the mothership, and ski back down to earth, evading surviving henchmen in the process and eliminating them, before he stops a nuke on earth from going off.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited January 2019 Posts: 15,690
    So in MI7 he could fly into space, nuke the mothership, and ski back down to earth, evading surviving henchmen in the process and eliminating them, before he stops a nuke on earth from going off.

Sounds like a typical mission for Vin Diesel’s Xander Cage. ;-) Seeing him ride a motorcycle on a wave in the ocean was something I never knew I needed.

That one should have been called Fallout.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Mission: Impossible The Moon is not enough
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 5,767

Sounds like a typical mission for Vin Diesel’s Xander Cage. ;-) Seeing him ride a motorcycle on a wave in the ocean was something I never knew I needed.
    Haha, now that you Mention it, you´re Right, that´s totally Xander Cage stuff :)).

No, To the Moon and back. So the romantic aspects are in it as well ;-).
    edited January 2019 Posts: 23,327
    No, To the Moon and back. So the romantic aspects are in it as well ;-).

Give it a few films and Tom will be freerunning out of a black hole.

Mission Impossible: Freerunning forever

This is a cut running scene from Fallout...
    18qkv87apwkipgif.gif
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited January 2019 Posts: 4,441
    Maggie Q should return for Mi7 in 2021. I know she isn't seen for 15 years then, but in Mi3 she whas in between ally and villian. If there deside to pick this up, there can also mix it with story line around Max. That she is follow up of her or/and that she is daughter of Max and that Ethun Hunt kild her father/or her past a way mother saying that but it is not true. Opening of the movie can be Max died.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2019 Posts: 23,883
    M_Balje wrote: »
    Maggie Q should return for Mi7 in 2021. I know she isn't seen for 15 years then, but in Mi3 she whas in between ally and villian. If there deside to pick this up, there can also mix it with story line around Max. That she is follow up of her or/and that she is daughter of Max and that Ethun Hunt kild her father/or her past a way mother saying that but it is not true.
    But surely Zhen was always good? I don't recall her being conflicted or anything, but perhaps I missed something because I hardly watch MI:3.

Max already has a daughter. It's Alanna Mitsopolis, aka The White Widow, played by Vanessa Kirby.

I have no problems with Maggie returning as an IMF agent though.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Zhen was always seen as an ally, even taking a bullet during their escape with the biological weapon (or whatever the hell the MacGuffin is meant to be).
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Wow
    Best news I've read all year.

The franchise couldn't be in better hands imho.
    WOW. What a deal that is, they were very smart to lock him in for another two.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Is McQuarrie now the John Glen of the MI franchise?
    This could be it for Cruise. He'll bow out after 8.

At least we know we're getting two more with him. It's a good idea to get it done together since age will catch up with him fast now. I couldn't be happier.

So we have Bond to look forward to next year, and MI in 2021 and 2022!
    Superb news, bring it on :-)
    bondjames wrote: »
    This could be it for Cruise. He'll bow out after 8.

At least we know we're getting two more with him. It's a good idea to get it done together since age will catch up with him fast now. I couldn't be happier.

So we have Bond to look forward to next year, and MI in 2021 and 2022!

Absolutely, no doubt about it now. I'm sure they'll go all out this time around (as if they somehow didn't accomplish that already in Fallout).
    Competition promotes excellence.
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    That’s stunning, fantastic news! I never thought McQuarrie would go for that work load... too good to be true and yet here it is.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Nothing I have heard regarding Bond 25 has excited as much as this. Simply excellent news. Brilliant!
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    At the rate Cruise is escalating things, Mission: Impossible 8 could be the first snuff film to gross $750million+ at the Box Office.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Wow. Good news.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Cruise definitely knows how to put entertainment where it belongs. The next three years is going to be exciting for us spy film fans.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited January 2019 Posts: 8,086
    I Wonder if it's a two-parter or not. Like one big story told over two films, or two standalones just shot back2back.

I'm so pumped for this. :D
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I also suspect it's a two-parter. Ethan Hunt comes to one final stand against the Apostles. ;)
    Cruise hits 60 in 2022. Nice way to close out his action days on top.
    Cool news! McQuarrie has done two of the best ones. I suspect this could be a two-parter finale.
  • I've yet to watch Fallout (on the list!) but this can only be good news. For both MI and 007 franchises. The competition will get , and hopefully inspire, the Eon producers to launch Bond 26 fast tracked to production. No more 4 or 5 year gaps, please!