2016:Walther arms celebrates 130 years

edited January 2016 in General Discussion Posts: 820
May you right not owned licence. I should read either the web or Wikipedia. You can bring what other character use Walther in any TV or movies beside Bond. Late Edward Woodward used Walther PP in first episode then in most episode in <i>The Equalizer</i>, the Walther PPK/S, The U.S made. I've seen Roger Moore used a Walther once in his 2 TV series in few <i>The Saint</i> & <i>The Persuders</i>. Once the P99 in The Austrain TV Police drama with Dog series <b>Inspector Rex</b>.

Comments

• edited April 2011 Posts: 820
    I aware Walther guns which James Bond use over the movies now owned by Smith & Wesson. I tried the PPK, P5 & the old 15 round P88. now Walther has latest guns like The P99 which Bond now use the PPK size are PPS & PK380. Now the latest Walther is PPQ.
  • Are you sure? I thought that S&W just had the licence to make Walther pistols in the US, although I stand to be corrected.
  • No you are right mark hazard, they're merely licensed to manufacture walther's for the US market.
    The one thing I forgot to say let Walther make guns as they know best. They don't need bigger Calibras like 45 or 357. 9mm & 40S&W are fine enough for Walther. Bigger Calibra in Machine guns & shot guns only.
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    Well, Walther don't tend to make revolvers, which .357 is predominantly used for, so it's out as a load anyway.

Walther generally produce police/military pistols, and with the prevalence of .40 and 9mm loads in these types of pistol, it makes sense that they will stick to those calibres.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    I used to have a Walther PPK/S, my very first pistol!

It was a sweet little gun even with only 7 rounds magazine!

Bond carries the Walther PPK with only 6 rounds magazine, right?

So what's one round less when you are trying to save the world!

LOL!
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    what's the Walther Sniper Rifle Bond had in TLD?

Love the way it looks and I love the scope on it!
  • edited April 2011 Posts: 65
    I think the sniper rifle is the WA2000.

Another TV user of the PPK was Richard Bradford in Man in a Suitcase (can't remember his character's name).

Remembered - his name was McGill, ex CIA.
    I'll also remember Clive Owen use a Walther PPK in Shoot 'em' up & P99 used in Transporter 2 which the Villian used. The Late Gene Bradley & Roger Moores Saint Successor Ian Ogilvy use Walthers in their TV show The Adventurer & Return of THe Saint.
  • edited November 2011 Posts: 820
    What ever it is in Skyfall. Bond is to used a Walther, Either classic PPK,the P99 again or any of those three new Walther, PPS,WK380 or new PPQ.
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    Did you forget how to spell between posts?
  • DON, I'm guessing English is not Agent7F's first language, the forum is open to a global audience after all
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 820
    Agent7F wrote:
    What ever it is in Skyfall. Bond is to used a Walther, Either classic PPK,the P99 again or any of those three new Walther, PPS,WK380 or new PPQ.
    DON, I'm guessing English is not Agent7F's first language, the forum is open to a global audience after all
    You are such a racist

~X( ~X( ~X(
    This year Walther Arm are revelling their 3 new Pistols. First off the 22 L.R version of the PPK/S but I think Bond should use the 9mm Short. Undated PPQ M2. & new model PPX with 9mm with 16 rounds & 40S&W with 14 rounds. http://www.waltherarms.com/products/handguns/ppx/
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited January 2013 Posts: 13,879
    Agent7F wrote:
    This year Walther Arm are revelling their 3 new Pistols. First off the 22 L.R version of the PPK/S but I think Bond should use the 9mm Short. Undated PPQ M2. & new model PPX with 9mm with 16 rounds & 40S&W with 14 rounds. http://www.waltherarms.com/products/handguns/ppx/
    I'm not a gun expert- so I'll judge this gun (PPX) by its looks alone, which aren't bad. It's very similar to the PPQ, which I prefer to this. The angle of the bottom of the grip looks a bit weird, but I could see Bond using it in future. Let's give CraigBond his own non-PPK Walther- like Brozza got with the P99. I say the PPQ.
    For all the experts here, I have a question. In TLD Bond shoots Whitaker 8 times and the latter confirms it in dialogue. So is this accurate? I suppose that Walther PPK had a 7 round magazine plus 1 extra shot in the barrel, but I like some confirmation.
    http://www.dvice.com/2013-5-30/help-make-james-bonds-futuristic-sidearm-reality

Real life signature Bond gun is here thanks to the movies.
  • hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
    I really like the Walther p99 just the shape of it but it is too big and the ppk is good just too small.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited May 2013 Posts: 1,257

This technology will never be as effective as some hope it to be. Not to mention it will face huge legal and political battles if it is ever implemented.
    I really like the Walther p99 just the shape of it but it is too big and the ppk is good just too small.

Perhaps that's why Bond used a PPK/S in Skyfall. Its much smaller than the P99 but it fills the hand much better than the PPK.

This technology will never be as effective as some hope it to be. Not to mention it will face huge legal and political battles if it is ever implemented.

Perhaps that's why Bond used a PPK/S in Skyfall. Its much smaller than the P99 but it fills the hand much better than the PPK.

It was great idea for 007 in Skyfall since Q came to issue him the gun. He should always have in his future mission what ever the Walther gun he uses. Let hope the P99 return or the PPS,WK380 or the new PPX with that palm print.
    Agent7F wrote:

It was great idea for 007 in Skyfall since Q came to issue him the gun. He should always have in his future mission what ever the Walther gun he uses. Let hope the P99 return or the PPS,WK380 or the new PPX with that palm print.

He could bring back the .25 Beretta automatic back! Its small enough!
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited June 2013 Posts: 1,257
    Agent7F wrote:

OK, time for me to put on my gun nerd hat:

I've always figured modern Bond should carry a newer polymer framed Walther. With the PPK(/S), Bond is undoubtedly undergunned. Simply look at Bond and Patrice's gun fight on the train:

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/6/6e/Skyfall_07.jpg/600px-Skyfall_07.jpg

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/3/37/EmptyPPKSkyfall.jpg/601px-EmptyPPKSkyfall.jpg

Those photos sum it up rather well.

The PPK just doesn't have the ammo capacity or power. Hell, one mag from the P99 could hold almost 3x as much ammo as one mag from the PPK/S. Don't get me wrong, I would NEVER say Bond should toss out the PPK, but let's suppose Bond is knowingly going into a hotspot where there is going to be lots of bad guys with lots of guns, the PPK may not be the best choice. On the other hand, if Bond is slinking around doing the low profile espionage thing, then I would like to see none other than the iconic PPK in his hands.

Also, I would like to see Bond use the WA2000 again. I may not be the most practical rifle, but it sure as hell is cool.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/2/files/15-best-guns-of-the-james-bond-films/walther-wa-2000.jpg

Mod edit: no MGM/UA/Sony copyright images, please.
    edited June 2013 Posts: 496
    I dont like Patrices gun and I like the Walther Sniper Rifle in the TLD.
    Tara Chace in Queen & Country uses a Walther, but the operatives (Minders in the series) do not have a specific weapon of choice, they use a number of guns, Walther, Browning, Beretta, depending on the mission and what they are most comfortable with.
    The thing is I prefer Beretta's found one down park Silenced and fully loaded with bullets its just in my draw now and there was nothing about any murder.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    The thing is I prefer Beretta's found one down park Silenced and fully loaded with bullets its just in my draw now and there was nothing about any murder.

Stand by for a knock on your door.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Mrcoggins wrote:

Sounds like something @samainsy would say... 8-|
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Quite agree @Murdock I wonder if we will hear any more?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Mrcoggins wrote:
    Quite agree @Murdock I wonder if we will hear any more?

We'll find out. right now it's best to IFM him.
    Murdock wrote:
    Mrcoggins wrote:

Sounds like something @samainsy would say... 8-|

Oh No I got given to me by a mate then threw it in the bin I remember now I keep a BB gun next to me fully loaded, back onto topic please I would love to see the Walther PPQ,