Bond film ranking tournament. Final results

Comments

• royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    I'm rather fond of TLD, but I adore Spy.

QoS. Pretty easy this one.

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    TSWLM > TLD - But only just! Both are Top 5 material - very awesome films.

LALD > QOS - Love both of these underrated gems, but LALD is one of the first handful of Bond films I saw, so it holds sentimental value to me. It also features perhaps the coolest group of villains in the series. Just look at any of their promo shots:

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/915b5183e7a337690bcc31769e80775468297ea3/3_0_3310_3308/master/3310.jpg?w=720&q=20&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&dpr=2&s=2be90a3b42feda953741da77f3f93f95
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    QBranch wrote: »

LALD > QOS - Love both of these underrated gems, but LALD is one of the first handful of Bond films I saw, so it holds sentimental value to me. It also features perhaps the coolest group of villains in the series. Just look at any of their promo shots:

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/915b5183e7a337690bcc31769e80775468297ea3/3_0_3310_3308/master/3310.jpg?w=720&q=20&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&dpr=2&s=2be90a3b42feda953741da77f3f93f95

Elvis pales in comparison.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    TSWLM
    LALD
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    TSWLM vs. TLD - tough, these two would be pretty much equal in my ranking so i might as well flip a coin. But my new found appreciation for TSWLM was one of the nicest suprised this year so i go with that one.

LALD vs. QoS
    Elvis pales in comparison.

:D

Elvis: The Pale King.
    Haha, good one.
    Spy is iconic, but these days I prefer TLD.

LALD easily beats Quantum. Quantum may be over-hated for me, but LALD is unapologetic in its style.
    TSWLM and TLD-first and last with Gogol and the Defence Minister.

LALD and QOS-the Haiti Bonds.

Just saying, in order to bump.
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    TSWLM (but very close, both are great)
    LALD
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    TLD over TSWLM and LALD over QoS.
    Moore wins this round.

TSWLM beats TLD 15-11

LALD beats QOS 16-10

This year s New Year round is Maud vs two young women out for revenge.

Round 74:

FYEO vs OP

and

TMWTGG vs QOS
  • peterpeter Toronto
    OP
    QoS
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    OP over FYEO for sure.

QoS over TMWTGG.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Despite a relatively new appreciation for 'Eyes Only', I'm going to have to go with my favourite.
    OP

TMWTGG easily beats QOS for me.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    OP and QoS for me.
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 19,339
    Easy :

OP
    &
    QOS

(I missed the last round but I would have voted TSWLM & QOS)
    OP
    QOS
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    OP & TMWTGG
    Double blowout for Maud.
    OP (Just had a great watch of it!)
    And
    QOS
    Birdleson wrote: »
    FYEO
    QOS

I am with you. Not even close.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    OP
    QOS
    FYEO over OP

QOS over TMWTGG
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    FYEO

QOS
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited December 2018 Posts: 23,883
    FYEO vs OP - this is a very difficult choice. Two very different turns from Moore which I enjoy equally. I find myself revisiting FYEO far more often these days. There's something about the winter scenes in that film which draw me right in, similar to OHMSS. It has a romantic feel to it even though there is no central romance. OP is a different kettle of fish entirely. Moore goes full on Rog and it's a delight to watch him in action. The villains are far more exciting in this one too. I'm going to go with OP, but only just.

TMWTGG vs QoS - Another close call. I don't rank either of these films too high, but have a lot of a fun with both for different reasons. Both Moore and Craig arguably deliver their best turns as Bond in their second outings, and own the show. TMWTGG is quirky and idiosyncratic in that late Hamilton manner and that draws me in. QoS is full on action with very little filler in that Bournesque style and I enjoy that too. I'm going to give it to TMWTGG just to be different (I suspect I'll be one of the few who does this given how much members tend to dislike the film) because of Lee, Ekland and Adams, because of exotic Asia and because of the slight Carry On sleaziness that surfaces from time to time, which I also enjoy.
  • RoadphillRoadphill United Kingdom
    FYEO, fairly easily for me. I have never enjoyed OP as much as a lot of the people on this board.

TMWTGG, again fairly easily. The film has its faults but it has far more charm and flavour than the bland, Bourne-light Quantum.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    OP & QOS
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    FYEO

QOS
    Close call though.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    FYEO without a doubt, although OP is quite enjoyable in its own right. I find FYEO to be slightly underrated within the community while OP is slightly overrated, but I love them both so it's all good.

QoS and it's not close, but I appreciate GUN much more than I used to.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    edited December 2018 Posts: 3,262
    Both of Maud Adams' films get my votes this round:

OP

and

TMWTGG