Johnny English Strikes Again (2018)

Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
edited April 2018 in General Movies & TV Posts: 13,350

Rowan Atkinson returns to the role of the accidental secret agent who doesn’t know fear or danger in the comedy spy-thriller Johnny English Reborn. In his latest adventure, the most unlikely intelligence officer in Her Majesty’s Secret Service must stop a group of international assassins before they eliminate a world leader and cause global chaos. In the years since MI7’s top spy vanished off the grid, he has been honing his unique skills in a remote region of Asia. But when his agency superiors learn of an attempt against the Chinese premier’s life, they must hunt down the highly unorthodox agent. Now that the world needs him once again, Johnny English is back in action.

Opinions?

Comments

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Interesting... it's verry funny and I love the scene with the stone :D
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    For some reason I found the braking of the chair followed by it's sinking, really funny.

I'll definitely watch this when it comes out.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2011 Posts: 15,686
    Looks much more entertaining than some other franchise since... 20 years !
  • edited April 2011 Posts: 50
    Looks incredibly goofy. I predict a 20% critical response on Rotten Tomatoes.

Which isn't to say I won't go see it, of course.
  • saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    Watching this trailer gave me a sinking feeling not dissimilar to the one Johnny English has in the briefing scene, I found the first film just painfully dreadful and unless they've only selected the very worst and least funniest clips this one doesn't look much better!
  • edited April 2011 Posts: 503
    Haha, should be interesting that's for sure. Can't wait to see what Pierce Brosnan's role is.
    Love Rowan Atkinson. MIght be worth a look but I wanna check out the first film.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    i found the first one entertaining - so i'll definitely check this out when it opens..
    I really want to see this. I don't think that the makers of JE take themselves too seriously either - which is great. It looks very funny, and like @Bond says, it'll be interesting to see what Pierce Brosnan's role is. Retired Agent #1?
    i liked first one and i think i will like this
    Liked the first one, so hopefully this will be just as good
    The biggest joke in this film is the involvement of Pierce Brosnan and Rosamund Pike. Nice lady, but DAD was a disaster. This is asking for trouble for Johnny English. Oh, that's the intention! Great, I suspect Rowan Atkinson and Gillian Anderson are abducted by a UFO and MI7 will therefore be closed forever. Can't wait, to see!
    Saw the first one the other day. Really fun. Not great but entertaining. This might be better. I hope.
    The first poster is here:

haha that is rip-off of the Mission Impossible.very obvious photoshop :D there is much waiting till 7th october
    Rowan Atkinson is a comic genius! I am of the generation that grew up watching the original Mr Bean series and I still laugh like a demented hyena when I watch it now. Also love the Blackadder series the one liners are brilliant.
    "I have a plan so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel!"

Johnny English II looks really good I spotted Rosamond Pike, Toby Stephens and Gillian Anderson in the trailer - Thats some pretty impressive line up, then they've added a Pierce Brosnan shaped cherry on top! Roll on October 7th !!
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    The poster @Samuel001 posted in higher resolution and two more posters for the film:

I like he's using the PPK.
    The tagline "One man. One mission. No chance" is my favourite.

The first film was fun and it looks like this one will be good as well. Looking forward to seeing Brosnan's cameo. I hope he has a scene or two with Rosamund Pike, it would be nice to see a former Bond and a Bond girl together in a Bond parody.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave

It's funny how much smaller the bow-tie is in the 2nd poster than the 1st
  • Love the posters :D
    The wonderful thing is about the tagline is, is it's almost as good as "He knows no fear, he knows no danger, he knows nothing" from the original film.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    edited June 2011 Posts: 972
    I totally enjoyed the first movie... Looking forward to this long awaited sequel... Its been quite a long while since the first movie... So this year, the world will see Johnny English in cinemas..... Come next year, it'll be the real agent himself, James Bond!!!
  • Looking forward to this, the original was one of the few good Bond spoofs :)
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2011 Posts: 4,416
    New trailer

Also bad news, Brosnan his name is no longer on the imdb page of this movie. [-X
    Ha! I'm looking the look of this. So pleased a second was finally made.
    New trailer

Also bad news, Brosnan his name is no longer on the imdb page of this movie. [-X
    yes i read something about brosnan not appearing after all

X(
  • edited November 2020 Posts: 121
    @JamesC, using one of the many photo upload sites is the thing many people do. I'd love to hear more of your thoughts it sounds like you had a great time and liking the film is a good thing too! Shame about Brosnan and Miller, mind.
    edited September 2011 Posts: 13,350

Quote my post to see the above, needed, image tags.

Anything would be good to know about really. Just your take on the film and the premiere event itself.

I'm pleased with the lack of CGI. Always a plus for any film in my opinion.