Last Bond Game you played

i don't think we have a thread for this and yet I figure we should after all we have last Bond Movie and last bond novel so why not last bond game you played...

Anyways to show off the "new" goldeneye for my coworker who hadn't played a bond game since I think the original Goldeneye I played Goldeneye Reloaded the dam level to show it off to him and I must say it made me miss the days of bond gaming even more. I got a working sega genesis for Christmas a few years back so I figure I am gonna go to one of the retro video game stores and see if I can find James bond the Duel (though I might just spend the 40 and buy it off of EBAY.

Anyways what was the last bond game you played?

Comments

I hope I am not chastised to much for resurrecting this Thread anyhoo currently playing Tomorrow Never Dies for the first time ever and wow the first ps1 Bond game is shit... I will play through the full game as well as the other two PS1 Bond games I never played before (well ok I played a level or two of the world is not enough for ps1) and will post my thoughts

Of course if I beat it that means I will have played and beaten every Bond game since 1997 (except for mobile games) I am kind of happy with that
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I've been playing GE64 on a PC emulator. Nice crisp graphics - gotta love it. Just normal speed though. Didn't really enjoy TND for the PS1, but thought TWINE was fun on N64. Have completed JB007 on Gameboy twice - great memories with that one too.
    Playing Nightfire on pc right now.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Mazouni wrote: »
    That’s the last Bond game I played.

Have no other option. Both of my favorite games seem to be forgotten. No James Bond game for six years and no Splinter Cell game for 5 years.
    Have no other option. Both of my favorite games seem to be forgotten. No James Bond game for six years and no Splinter Cell game for 5 years.
    That’s the trouble with licensing trademarks with IPs that aren’t video games. In this case, it’s Bond.

Splinter Cell on the other hand is given an indefinite suspension because Ubisoft is busy with other online multimedia products.
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 235
    That’s the trouble with licensing trademarks with IPs that aren’t video games. In this case, it’s Bond.

Splinter Cell on the other hand is given an indefinite suspension because Ubisoft is busy with other online multimedia products.

Yeah, guess I have to just keep waiting. Wish Splinter Cell/007 games came out every year like a cod does.

Yeah, guess I have to just keep waiting. Wish Splinter Cell/007 games came out every year like a cod does.
    If only MGM Interactive became active again in that department.

The whole spy genre in video game are dead. Your average gamer likes fps games like Halo and Cod. I'd say spy games started dying out after mid 2000's.

The whole spy genre in video game are dead. Your average gamer likes fps games like Halo and Cod.
    That's... not true, actually. The spy genre may not be among the popular titles, but they still exist. Hitman is one of those. It definitely is of the spy genre, and it's doing very well.

The whole spy genre in video game are dead. Your average gamer likes fps games like Halo and Cod.
    That's... not true, actually. The spy genre may not be among the popular titles, but they still exist. Hitman is one of those. It definitely is of the spy genre, and it's doing very well.
    Other then Hitman I don't know any spy games that have came out this year.

Other then Hitman I don't know any spy games that have came out this year.
    Not a mainstream game, but there's a new title coming out in a couple of days, called The Spy Who Shrunk Me, which is a love letter to the No One Lives Forever games. Also, there's another low-level game that is made in the style of fifth generation console titles called The Spy Who Shot Me which is more of a parody than a serious spy thriller, but regardless it's a spy game.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Aren't those Dishonored games considered stealth spy games, too? I've never played them, but they certainly look intriguing enough and likely a good way to scratch the Bond itch, since it's apparent these days that series is dead and done.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I played the first Dishonoured, and while it was a stealth game, it wasn't a spy game. There are a
    edited December 2018 Posts: 40,369
    I played the first Dishonoured, and while it was a stealth game, it wasn't a spy game. There are a

Ahh, it seemed like it could be from the footage I saw, but I'll admit I didn't see that much gameplay. It looked like some sort of early 20th Century, alternate universe/steampunk type ordeal where you're taking down war generals or something, so I figured you were a spy in it. Still looks fun, anyway.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Ahh, it seemed like it could be from the footage I saw, but I'll admit I didn't see that much gameplay. It looked like some sort of early 20th Century, alternate universe/steampunk type ordeal where you're taking down war generals or something, so I figured you were a spy in it. Still looks fun, anyway.

From what I heard Dishonored is very similar to Thief. I don't think it a spy game however, I never played it. Only Spy games I know of are other then James Bond are.
    1.Splinter Cell
    2.No One Lives Forever
    3.Hitman
    4.Metal Gear Soild
    5.Perfect Dark
    6.Alpha Protocol

And out of those, half of them are no longer being made (at least for the foreseeable future, though it seems likely we'll have a new Splinter Cell sooner rather than later. I can only hope Ubisoft doesn't cock it up.)
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    And out of those, half of them are no longer being made (at least for the foreseeable future, though it seems likely we'll have a new Splinter Cell sooner rather than later. I can only hope Ubisoft doesn't cock it up.)

Not sure if I'm missing any spy games from that list. I really hope Ubisoft does not neglect Splinter Cell. I already got disappointed about E3 this year. I was set for a new Splinter Cell announcement.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Played a bit of Agent Under Fire today. Ah the nostalgia.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    From what I heard Dishonored is very similar to Thief. I don't think it a spy game however, I never played it. Only Spy games I know of are other then James Bond are.
    1.Splinter Cell
    2.No One Lives Forever

3.Hitman
    4.Metal Gear Soild
    5.Perfect Dark
    6.Alpha Protocol

SC: Pandora Tomorrow, No One Lives Forever & Cold Winter make up my holy trinity of spy games. At times like this, I get to urge to set up my PS2, unfortunately, I don't have room to do so.
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    Tomorrow Never Dies on PS1 emulator, few months back. It was pretty clunky.
    QQ7 wrote: »
    Tomorrow Never Dies on PS1 emulator, few months back. It was pretty clunky.

The skiing level...it still haunts me.
  • mgeoff88mgeoff88 At a nice safehouse in Rome... Erm... Bay Area, CA
    It was TWINE on an N64 emulator. I downloaded a GameCube emulator to try and play EON, FRWL, and Nightfire, but the emulator was really buggy (probably my PC specs).
    This is the perfect place to share this:
    It is a real shame that the spy genre isn’t as popular as it used to be. I mean, the newly rebooted HITMAN series is proof that there is an audience for spy games, but most game companies just aren’t making spy games anymore.

I do hope Ubisoft will eventually make a new Splinter Cell game.
    There is a future for a new Splinter Cell game. Ubisoft did tell us to wait.

However, I'll repeat myself again, there are two spy games that should be given attention to:

The Spy Who Shot Me:
    A parody of GoldenEye 64 with a generic early Connery atmosphere and the culture of early sixties London where the players assume the role of Agent 7 and embark on a globetrotting mission to stop an evil megalomaniac.

hqdefault.jpg
    bh1.png
    ss_8f98ebf29e6d88d0e341fe6e1d8916681ecb0b1b.jpg
    99rFNQ.png
    the-spy-who-shot-me.jpg

The Spy Who Shrunk Me:
    A game completely made out of love for the No One Lives Forever series, where the players assume the role of secret agent Audrey Smoothspy. Yes, it also is a parody which borrows a lot of elements from the Austin Powers films, Derek Flint and NOLF itself. The plot isn't exactly known yet, but the game will be available to purchase in three days. It's like CounterSpy but played from first person perspective.

maxresdefault.jpg
    d1d6ee50c1e60ebe7d0390f1abd7f8f846522349.png
    the_spy_who_shrunk_me_is_arriving_on_vr_vrroom_2.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    the_spy_who_shrunk_me__by_bugmaker-dclehuy.jpg

---

All in all, here are the options you are given. If you're looking for a spy game but only want to touch mainstream releases and omit the rest of the companies while claiming there's no place for the genre in the market, the fault is yours. Rare didn't rise to immediate popularity, and they weren't sure how well GoldenEye 007 will sell, even. It was the hefty support from the gamers that let them spawn Perfect Dark and TimeSplitters.

Play those games, prove your doubts wrong and you'll see over time how well the genre will do. But, if you're living off of the past glories while searching for a new Splinter Cell or a Hitman: Blood Money re-release, then stating there are no new spy games while overlooking the products of the lesser known companies, the reason they cease to exist is because of you. Not the developers or the several studios.
    There is a future for a new Splinter Cell game. Ubisoft did tell us to wait.

However, I'll repeat myself again, there are two spy games that should be given attention to:

The Spy Who Shot Me:
    A parody of GoldenEye 64 with a generic early Connery atmosphere and the culture of early sixties London where the players assume the role of Agent 7 and embark on a globetrotting mission to stop an evil megalomaniac.

hqdefault.jpg
    bh1.png
    ss_8f98ebf29e6d88d0e341fe6e1d8916681ecb0b1b.jpg
    99rFNQ.png
    the-spy-who-shot-me.jpg

The Spy Who Shrunk Me:
    A game completely made out of love for the No One Lives Forever series, where the players assume the role of secret agent Audrey Smoothspy. Yes, it also is a parody which borrows a lot of elements from the Austin Powers films, Derek Flint and NOLF itself. The plot isn't exactly known yet, but the game will be available to purchase in three days. It's like CounterSpy but played from first person perspective.

maxresdefault.jpg
    d1d6ee50c1e60ebe7d0390f1abd7f8f846522349.png
    the_spy_who_shrunk_me_is_arriving_on_vr_vrroom_2.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    the_spy_who_shrunk_me__by_bugmaker-dclehuy.jpg

---

All in all, here are the options you are given. If you're looking for a spy game but only want to touch mainstream releases and omit the rest of the companies while claiming there's no place for the genre in the market, the fault is yours. Rare didn't rise to immediate popularity, and they weren't sure how well GoldenEye 007 will sell, even. It was the hefty support from the gamers that let them spawn Perfect Dark and TimeSplitters.

Play those games, prove your doubts wrong and you'll see over time how well the genre will do. But, if you're living off of the past glories while searching for a new Splinter Cell or a Hitman: Blood Money re-release, then stating there are no new spy games while overlooking the products of the lesser known companies, the reason they cease to exist is because of you. Not the developers or the several studios.

I definitely plan on getting The Spy Who Shot Me. I’ll have to look into Shrunk more. Looks promising.
    mgeoff88 wrote: »
    It is a real shame that the spy genre isn’t as popular as it used to be. I mean, the newly rebooted HITMAN series is proof that there is an audience for spy games, but most game companies just aren’t making spy games anymore.

I do hope Ubisoft will eventually make a new Splinter Cell game.

I hope a new Splinter Cell game comes out soon as well. The past two Splinter Cell game have been big disappointments compared to the first four.
    edited December 2018 Posts: 50
    I’ve watched gameplay videos of The Spy Who Shot Me on YouTube a few months ago. It looks entertaining.

Man... I loved the NOLF games. I can’t believe they never made a third one. The tone of the games reminded me of the Austin Powers movies, except with a female lead. I will definitely check it out, but my PC may not be able to handle it. It’s not really a gaming rig, it’s more for checking e-mail and editing videos.

When they do get around to doing another Splinter Cell, they need to bring back Michael Ironside. They actually had him come back to voice Sam Fisher in the Ghost Recon: Wildlands game for the SC mission.
    Warner Bros is the one mostly blocking the rights on No One Lives Forever and threatening everyone who tries to bring it back with a lawsuit. The rights seem to be divided between a lot of parties.