Trying to track someone involved in Rogue Agent

KaijuDirectorOO7KaijuDirectorOO7 Once Upon a Time Somewhere...
edited February 2018 in 007 Gaming Posts: 189
Anyone got a fix on the guy playing Jonathan "GoldenEye" Hunter in this trailer for GoldenEye: Rogue Agent?

A friend of mine who grew up with the game and wants to know if the actor playing him as a name or something.

EDIT: Said friend is also looking for conclusive proof that his name is/isn't Jonathan. According to her, she's read somewhere (from second hand sources) that the PS2 edition manual confirms the name, but as she never owned the PS2 version (hers was the GameCube version) she ain't fully convinced. Anyone willing to shed some light here?

Comments

• 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    @ClarkDevlin you always seem to know stuff like this.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited February 2018 Posts: 15,423
    @KaijuDirectorOO7 His name is available in the game manual.

Also, further evidence:
    latest?cb=20170102151148

However, I don't know who's the actor playing him in that commercial. His name isn't to be found anywhere. Otherwise, I have looked for it myself back in the day. GoldenEye's face is original, without bearing any actor's likeness. But, it originally started out as Gary Oldman's as he was in mind for the character.
  • KaijuDirectorOO7KaijuDirectorOO7 Once Upon a Time Somewhere...
    Well, @ClarkDevlin, it's the first name we're concerned about. The Bond Wiki says it's Jonathan, but me and my friend ain't taking it at face value. We want to find something that officially confirms or refutes "Jonathan" as the first name.
    Look at the GoldenEye Rogue Agent game manual, @KaijuDirectorOO7. It's written there.
    I AM ROGUE AGENT!!!!!!!! Lol!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    RogueAgent wrote: »

It was there in front of our eyes all along!
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO

It was me, KaijuDirectorOO7's friend, the author of all your pain.

It was me, KaijuDirectorOO7's friend, the author of all your pain.

Noooooooo!!!!!! Aaaahhhhhh!!!!!! Lol!
    edited March 2018 Posts: 189
    UPDATE:
    Friend has done digging and found a "Jack Hunter" also. Back on topic, all her sources say the PS2 manual has the answer.

@ClarkDevlin as I mentioned she only has the GameCube version. Is there any difference between the GameCube and PS2 Manuals?
    Can't seem to recall, because I myself had the GameCube version.

However, with many official sources already reporting the character as Jonathan Hunter, including MI6, I don't think his first name is Jack, @KaijuDirectorOO7.

Your friend might have found this link, which is the only lead on Jack Hunter, but I can easily tell you, mate, it's false:
    https://www.roblox.com/library/170438773/GoldenEye-Jack-Hunter

Here are assuring sources to [almost] confirm it's Jonathan Hunter:
    http://jamesbond.wikia.com/wiki/GoldenEye_(character)

https://www.giantbomb.com/jonathan-hunter/3005-5258/

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/VideoGame/GoldenEyeRogueAgent

The last link is where it confirms the PS2 manual has his name listed as Jonathan Hunter.
    Ah, much appreciated. :)
    Glad I could be of help. :)
  • Si1verEyeSi1verEye Pleasantly riding in St Petersburg
    The last link is where it confirms the PS2 manual has his name listed as Jonathan Hunter.

Well, to be honest, I still think that the PS2 manual thing is nothing but a rumor. I once found a (broken) pdf of it, and didn't see anything but the intro card featured in other manuals.

(Also, hello, I am KaijuDirectorOO7's shadowy friend. Nice to meet you :) )
    Nice to meet you, too, @Si1verEye. Welcome to the forums. :)

I have to say it's something worth investigating, so I'll try to get to the bottom of this. I know at least the Xbox and GameCube versions feature that same card, but I can't speak for the PS2 manual since I haven't seen it myself.

However, with all these sources having him referred to as Jonathan Hunter, it's best to assume that it is the case. But... somehow evidence should be acquired on the matter. I'll see if I can get to it on my end.
  • Si1verEyeSi1verEye Pleasantly riding in St Petersburg
    edited December 2018 Posts: 11
    Let's revive this thread a bit, shall we?

@ClarkDevlin I have made some digging since last time, so I guess you might be interested in what I've found.

First of all, I have still no confirmation on Hunter's first name. I've seen in another thread that you got to talk a bit with Danny Bilson about the game... maybe would he be the one person able to settle this matter? (Also, I wonder what was he proposed in the original script...)

Second, I have actually identified who was portraying Hunter in the cinematic trailer. Believe it or not, but it appears to be no one but Pierce himself. Let me explain; according to this, the commercial actually is a recycled CGI sequence from the unreleased Bond 6, a game cancelled by EA just after Pierce stepped down from the role in 2004.

Lastly, I do think that the cancellation of Bond 6 might also explain why Hunter went from a blond Gary Oldman lookalike in the concept arts to a mashup of Pierce and Sean (as proved by this image I made...) - all the more so, in my humble opinion, with Bilson declaring here that he wanted to make something connected to Connery-verse.