Your B-day / MI6 anniversary thread

Comments

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Many thanks @MajorDSmythe , @Thunderfinger , @barryt007 , @royale65 , @Creasy47 and @DarthDimi. Most kind.
    Cheers all, I certainly wouldn't keep coming back if it weren't for the calibre of my forum colleagues.
  • edited October 2018 Posts: 19,339
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    How time flies, @Benny. I remember the both of us signing on as newbies in 2005. You and I both, we were new to this game. Look at us, now, masters of the universe! ;-)

Congrats, my friend from Down Under. ;-)

I’m not x and all these newbie mods over poor Bazza ,after saving the transfer from KTBEU collapsing wz my massive overhaul of all the threads n using data n rebuilding them hahaha x @DarthDimi n @Benny you have always been great mods and most importantly my friends x love u guys x this place would be nothing without your years of service to that arrogant git 007
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @barryt007
    Much appreciated, my good man!
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    It does appear that 2005 was a good year.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Oi, missed out on the old-people-party! Congrats to all you veterans of KTBEU, @Benny, @royale65 , @DarthDimi , @MajorDSmythe !!!!

Funny how many managed to hang on to this place for so long.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Anyone been around since 2002? That's when I joined, and there were about 50 - 100 members. Not sure if anyone is left from those days save @JamesPage himself.

I would be interested to know.
    Oi, missed out on the old-people-party! Congrats to all you veterans of KTBEU, @Benny, @royale65 , @DarthDimi , @MajorDSmythe !!!!

Funny how many managed to hang on to this place for so long.

Seasoned agents as opposed to old age duffers is how I choose to view it.

@NicNac - I do recall visiting the forums when DAD was out. Took me a long time to pluck up the courage to join though.
    Yep,DAD for me too.

I remember the blue coloured header with the 'Vanish' on it,on the forum,so I must have joined around then too.

It was all DAD.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Yep,DAD for me too.

I remember the blue coloured header with the 'Vanish' on it,on the forum,so I must have joined around then too.

It was all DAD.

How time flies!
    royale65 wrote: »
    Yep,DAD for me too.

It was all DAD.

How time flies!

Indeed it does,although its sad to know that since that time only 4 films have been released until now.

royale65 wrote: »
    Yep,DAD for me too.

It was all DAD.

How time flies!

Indeed it does,although its sad to know that since that time only 4 films have been released until now.

20 years five films. Bit depressing. (Assuming B25 comes out on time)
    @royale65 and @barryt007 - I know you guys have been around forever. ;)

Anyone who is still here from the 2002-2005 period when the old forum grew spectacularly in the wake of the Brosnan to Craig swap over, are real diehards. And some die hards who weren't - like @Birdleson - wish that they were. :)

All things considered it's incredible how many of us are still here after all this time.
    NicNac wrote: »

Anyone who is still here from the 2002-2005 period when the old forum grew spectacularly in the wake of the Brosnan to Craig swap over, are real diehards. And some die hards who weren't - like @Birdleson - wish that they were. :)

All things considered it's incredible how many of us are still here after all this time.

That's a credit to the freedom the forum allows and to you mods,who I have known forever it seems,always being friendly and objective and a class act ( that will be £5 from each mod for that comment,ta).

That's a credit to the freedom the forum allows and to you mods,who I have known forever it seems,always being friendly and objective and a class act ( that will be £5 from each mod for that comment,ta).

For crying out loud, you're always on the make Bazza. Well, here's mine. :)
    il_570xN.918234775_71ao.jpg

For crying out loud, you're always on the make Bazza. Well, here's mine. :)
    il_570xN.918234775_71ao.jpg

Luvvly Jubbly...I will add that to my collection,at this rate i'm going to be rich before i'm 50 :

mt8yaplbn12pEJVZ1o5eBiQ.jpg

How can people say it's so hard to make money,i've tons of it !!
    (Even if your fiver is $5 not £5 Nackers,such a tight-wad).
    I remember one of my first posts in 2005. I actually tried to point out the good things in DAD, because they are there, you know. Boy, I was nearly lynched by an angry mob with pitchforks.
    The whole Brosnan era was looked on fondly at one point.
    I feel like the Brosnan era is going through a positive resurgence. In their attempt to cope with the Craig era, its perks and its challenges, several fans are looking back on the Brosnan era with a renewed appreciation. Nostalgia, "the old days were better", Brosnan still going strong, the Craig era production turmoils, ... many reasons can be thought of. Even films like TWINE or DAD have steadily been climbing up people's ranking. I for one consider it utter madness to position these two higher than SP, but that's what some have been doing. Same with holding the average of the Moore era in higher esteem than the average of the Craig era. But so be it. Either way, in 2005, Brosnan felt like the Typhoid Mary of the Bond series. That was a strange experience, for sure.

One of the many benefits of having been a member of this forum for so many years is that I have been able to spot trends. Going from a strong anti-Brosnan movement to a more relaxed pro-Brosnan attitude is one of them.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    . Going from a strong anti-Brosnan movement to a more relaxed pro-Brosnan attitude is one of them.

It has been statistically proved that stupid people breed more than smart people. Make of it what you will.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    edited October 2018 Posts: 7,946

Could you add 2006 to that list, so I can feel cool too? ;-)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited December 2018 Posts: 17,727
    Today marks my sixth anniversary of membership here (11 December 2012). It's been a great time and I've enjoyed our discussions here immensely.

Thanks to all of the other members here for making it a great place to debate Bond and other topics.
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Today marks my sixth anniversary of membership here (11 December 2012). It's been a great time and I've enjoyed our discussions here immensely.

Thanks to all of the other members here for making it a great place to debate Bond and other topics.

Congrats Draggers me olde matey !!
    Congratulations, sir. Let's grab a couple of Belgian beers, shall we?
    Thanks @barryt007 and @DarthDimi! :)
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Congrats on six years on the forum old chap.
    Now what are we drinking?
    edited December 2018 Posts: 17,727
    Thank you, @Benny! :)

I'd like a pint of bitter. ;)

My heart is as black as the ace of spades.
    @DarthDimi is 14 years old today!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    @DarthDimi is 14 years old today!
    Congrats on ageing less than moderately.