Game of Thrones (2011 - 19)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Would you all prefer the final season as it is - six episodes at 80ish minutes a piece, or would you prefer roughly eight episodes at regular length?

Technically either of the two works out to be roughly the same. Id prefer what @Strong proposed above, in his last paragraph.

Technically, but in the end we're given more cliffhangers to episodes and it's all spaced out in a slightly different way, which could affect the pacing/beats of each episode. I, too, would prefer just having a normal ten episodes, like all the other seasons. It does bug me these last two were shortened.
    Is it just me or does Iain Glen deserve an OBE,MBE for all his work over the years as a top British actor ?

He has an awesome presence as well....just a thought.
    Iain Glen would definitely make for a great, weathered Bond.
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 19,339
    Do you know what ?
    I've just seen him playing footie at 56 in the live 'Game for Grenfell Tower' charity match and am now by pure chance watching one of his Jack Taylor films and he hasnt aged.

The man simply stays the same age...and as for a weathered ,weary Bond, @Birdleson & @Creasy47 i never thought of that,he would be perfect for the role !!!!!
    He would have been a tough,son of a bitch Bond as well...he is also brilliant at the dry,straight faced wit and one-liners that is pure Bond.

Something Lazenby,Dalton and Craig could never get right compared to Sir Sean,Pierce and Sir Rog.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I'm waiting to see this Bond film that Brosnan gets the dry, straight faced wit so right as you call it.

Smug and knowing is all I ever got from PB's performance.

Craig is no Connery with the deadpan delivery but very little actors are or has albilty with the humour like Rog but I'll take his handling bar SPECTRE of the humour over in his other 3 entries over Brosnans.

Craig's "Yes Considerably is better than all of Brosnan's cheesy Moore knock offs, compare that to his toilet introduction in GE.

Also Craig's way he gets the CCTV footage at the hotel in CR is brilliantly dead pan done, if only PB could have done something so subtle and cool, personified his Bond there.

I agree though Glen is a class act and would have made a great Bond in his day and maybe even now as an aged version at the end of his career.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited September 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Just finished Season 7. Quite epic, but also a bit rushed imho. I wish they had the normal number of episodes rather than this compressed approach. I also found the finale a bit anticlimactic. It seemed like it was building nicely and then..... finish.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the last season with keen interest and hope they can wrap it up nicely.

On a sidenote, I too have always thought that Iain Glen would have made an excellent Bond in his prime. Whenever I see him I'm reminded of Roger Moore for some reason. He has the same suave and commanding screen presence too, as he demonstrated in the first Lara Croft film where he shared the screen with none other than Craig himself.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    bondjames wrote: »
    Just finished Season 7. Quite epic, but also a bit rushed imho. I wish they had the normal number of episodes rather than this compressed approach. I also found the finale a bit anticlimactic. It seemed like it was building nicely and then..... finish.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the last season with keen interest and hope they can wrap it up nicely.

On a sidenote, I too have always thought that Iain Glen would have made an excellent Bond in his prime. Whenever I see him I'm reminded of Roger Moore for some reason. He has the same suave and commanding screen presence too, as he demonstrated in the first Lara Croft film where he shared the screen with none other than Craig himself.

I love Glen's line from Tomb raider to Lara Croft...

7763078a-bc5f-48b3-8758-591734f6fefa_screenshot.jpg 'My ignorance amuses me'
    He was going through a 'villain stage' at that time and he was very good at it (as he always is with whatever role he plays)....

Here he is with 'our boy' ,in the same film :

b75d71b04fc6a195eeac0668694aa6a4.jpg
    He was outstanding in the original Resident Evil film too. A very unique actor.
    He is also brilliant in the Jack Taylor series as well,makes the role his own as the star :

Jack-Taylor-Iain-Glen-10.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQe1py3gYk6eHX6rLK-6PrydNqQWSV_sHpVX4oMWGtH8oKLt3Kbqg

51E67V4PJDL._SX342_.jpg
    edited September 2017 Posts: 23,883
    I've been meaning to check that out @barryt007 so thanks for reminding me of it. I just love his look and I'm not surprised that he did a villain stint for a while. All the naturally nonchalant cool guys can do it well. Hiddleston is brilliant at it too, as was Moore (as evidenced from The Man Who Haunted Himself).

Anyway, I can't wait to see more of him in GoT8. His is such a compelling honourable character.
    Season 7 is coming to DVD/blu-ray on December 12th, 2018:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=22079
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    funny-picture-comics-WUMO-Game-of-Thrones-Breaking-Bad.jpeg
    Season 8 will commence filming in October and will last until "next summer":

http://collider.com/game-of-thrones-season-8-filming-details/

For taking even longer to shoot four less episodes, they better be pretty epic and meaty. They touted a large feel with each episode in season seven, which I didn't really feel with some episodes. Time will tell!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    More episodes, please. That was just a tease. Nice end twist though.
    Just noticed in the article that they're merely days away from the first table read, but I guess it isn't too surprising if filming will commence this month. Crazy to think it's still a year away from debut but it's already going to be high time to avoid spoilers like the plague. If I can go into the final season in its entirety knowing absolutely nothing, I'll be very happy.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited April 2018 Posts: 40,368
    Wasn't the biggest fan of the latest season, but this has me quite excited for what the final season has in store. 55 nights spent shooting one sequence:

game-of-thrones-producer-note-600x600.jpg
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 5,772
    If you're in Paris this summer (till september 2nd), don't miss the Game of Thrones Touring Exhibition. Believe me, it's worth it :

https://gameofthronesexposition.fr/

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Wasn't the biggest fan of the latest season, but this has me quite excited for what the final season has in store. 55 nights spent shooting one sequence:

game-of-thrones-producer-note-600x600.jpg

Night dragons? As in plural?

I bloody hope Raegal and Drogon don't end up like Viserion. The latter becoming a night/white dragon is bad enough.
    The end of Game of Thrones: An exclusive report on the epic final season
    https://ew.com/tv/2018/11/01/game-of-thrones-final-season-ew-cover-story/
    Last April a crew member revealed that Game of Thrones had wrapped 55 night shoots while filming a battle. Media outlets around the world ran stories saying the final season’s battle took twice as long as the 25-day shoot for season 6’s climactic Battle of the Bastards. This wildly understated what really happened. The 55 nights were only for the battle’s outdoor scenes at the Winterfell set. Filming then moved into the studio, where Sapochnik continued shooting the same battle for weeks after that.

“It’s brutal,” Dinklage says. “It makes the Battle of the Bastards look like a theme park.”

Fire and Ice
    edited January 2019 Posts: 40,368
    Nice teaser. I rather like this one, though :

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    I have a feeling the biggest battle of the Season won't be in the final episodes. The one that took 55 straight nights of shooting. Interesting.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited January 2019 Posts: 2,541
    matt_u wrote: »
    I have a feeling the biggest battle of the Season won't be in the final episodes. The one that took 55 straight nights of shooting. Interesting.

Yes rumours is its in 3rd or 4th episode.
    Just watched the latest teaser, looks awesome I need to resume my series 1 to 7 rewatch.
    I'll probably wait another month-ish before I do my full series rewatch in time for the premiere. I'm trying to avoid all of this footage - with a final, six episode season, I want to go in as fresh as I can.
    I'll probably wait another month-ish before I do my full series rewatch in time for the premiere. I'm trying to avoid all of this footage - with a final, six episode season, I want to go in as fresh as I can.

It's the only teaser I have seen ill probably avoid the rest, I am at the end of season 1 I have some seasons on Bluray, been considering buying some of the later seasons on 4k though they are expensive not sure I can justify it when SKY tends to rerun all the episodes leading up to a new series.