Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    I haven’t been this excited for a video game since I was 7

Can’t wait for red dead 2

I'm still really considering upgrading my PS4 to the PS4 Pro to get as much out of this game as possible.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I haven’t been this excited for a video game since I was 7

Can’t wait for red dead 2

I'm still really considering upgrading my PS4 to the PS4 Pro to get as much out of this game as possible.

I debated something like this, but shelling out a few hundred dollars just for a slight upgrade in one game really isn't worth it. Next-gen systems will be here in 2-3 years, I'd rather save my money at this point for those.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited October 2018 Posts: 13,882
    SharkBait wrote: »
    Next week will be busy: Spider-Man - The Heist on tuesday, RDR 2 on thu-fri midnight.

Call Of Cthulhu is out next week too.

I meant busy for me.

It looks like a busy time in general for games. As we approach the end of the year, there are a number of games i'm interested in.
    That's how October-December always seems to be for me. I'm getting Red Dead Redemption 2, Hitman 2 and Fallout 76 all in the matter of two weeks. I hope I can carve out some proper free time this winter, because I can't wait to sink some time into these.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    How will you even have time for Hitman and fallout, hmm, might as well not buy them and just buy three copies of RDR2
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I never completed Fallout 4. Or rather, Fallout 4 wouldn't let me complete Fallout 4. It's a bit hard to do when a character I needed to speak to, is locked away behind a blast door, with no way to enter. And this was this year. Still buggy nearly 3 years after release.
    I never completed Fallout 4. Or rather, Fallout 4 wouldn't let me complete Fallout 4. It's a bit hard to do when a character I needed to speak to, is locked away behind a blast door, with no way to enter. And this was this year. Still buggy nearly 3 years after release.

That's what's having me question this Fallout 76 purchase, as Bethesda games are always horribly buggy. I remember loving the third person in Fallout 4, despite the aiming being fundamentally and completely broken and never being tweaked or fixed by Bethesda. Very annoying.
  • edited October 2018 Posts: 2,107
    I never finished Fallout 4 either. This year I came very close on finishing it, with all factions in play. I doubt I finish it this year either. What with RDR 2 coming tomorrow and taking most of my free time and hard drive space.
    I never finished Fallout 4 either. This year I came very close on finishing it, with all factions in play. I doubt I finish it this year either. What with RDR 2 coming tomorrow and taking most of my free time and hard drive space.

You aren't missing out on all that much. The fact that they'd take a massive RPG and force you to save-scum to experience all of the different endings is a real joke.

Tomorrow?
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    My boss is taking a short vacation just to play RDR2 when it releases.
    I got it a day early, it’s pretty good but also quite a lot to get used to as there are a lot of things going on, on screen and a lot of different controls
    It was worth the wait.. My inner cowpoke wouldn't want to put the controller down.

Alas, I have to face the real world.
    It was worth the wait.. My inner cowpoke wouldn't want to put the controller down.

Alas, I have to face the real world.

Yeah I played from 6-12 and it felt like an hour
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Less than 24 hours to go. When I was on earlier, it was around 22 hours.
    About 15 hours to go now, should be live by noon EST. I can't wait to take a crack at it, I made sure I hit Level 20 Mastery in Miami before this went live to help with a Silent Assassin run, as I can only surmise we'll be getting some unique suits for SA rankings in each location/with X amount of SA runs.
    The reward for taking part is an explosive pen. I have only played Hawke's Bay so far. I have been focusing on the Legacy Pack of Hitman. I think it's best if I move on to Miami, for The Undying then go back to the Legacy Pack of Hitman, before continuing with Hitman 2.
    That was why I wanted to blow through the Mastery of Miami, so I had all the starting locations/unlock areas for today. I want my SA run to be as smooth as possible. They also dropped a patch too, has some minor tweaks and some big fixes (for example, if a target spots you now and you kill them in time with nobody else noticing, you still retain a Silent Assassin ranking. I love it.)
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    That was why I wanted to blow through the Mastery of Miami, so I had all the starting locations/unlock areas for today. I want my SA run to be as smooth as possible. They also dropped a patch too, has some minor tweaks and some big fixes (for example, if a target spots you now and you kill them in time with nobody else noticing, you still retain a Silent Assassin ranking. I love it.)

Yeah patch 1.03, I noticed it downloading earlier. I had a go on Miami, got Silent Assasisn in my first go. Killed Sierra Knox by tampering with the wheel of her car while dressed as a member of the pit crew, and killed Robert Knox while dressed as the General (I fed Robert's photo into the computer of the andriod, and let it kill him).
    edited November 2018 Posts: 40,372
    Very nice. I didn't go for SA in any initial runs, I usually use those to fully (or as much as I can) explore the maps and take out all targets with a headshot.

Just managed The Undying SA! Was quite simple, surprisingly, after a few suit changes, a few knock-outs, it was as easy as luring Sean Bean Mark Faba into a bathroom and snapping his neck. It's a shame that the SA suits are all either going to be the same ones from Season 1 (lazy as hell) or the already-existing location suits, but with gloves.

I know their split with Square Enix put a hurting on them financially and they had to cut a lot of corners and employees, but it's painful to see that the day one buyers of Hitman 2016 are essentially getting the same few items again by playing NEW ET's in this one. Nobody loves this series more than I do, but holy hell it just stinks of cheap tactics and lazy reskins - even the Legacy unlocks are a joke, slapping a tiny pink sticker on already-existing weaponry and gadgets and calling it a new item.

I would've sooner had a 6-12 month delay so they could manage to put some more time and money into this one.
    Yes, I do see the irony in posting this in a 'coming soon' thread, but as it is news:

Rockstars 'Agent' is officially dead
    http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/11/over_9_years_after_its_announcement_rockstars_promised_ps3_exclusive_agent_is_abandoned

I never understood how Rockstar fail to get Agent off the ground, I mean.... it's Rockstar.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Yes, I do see the irony in posting this in a 'coming soon' thread, but as it is news:

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/11/over_9_years_after_its_announcement_rockstars_promised_ps3_exclusive_agent_is_abandoned

I never understood how Rockstar fail to get Agent off the ground, I mean.... it's Rockstar.
    @mgeoff88, looks like they decided to call it a day and let go of the hook. :))
    I figured 'Agent' was canceled years ago. I'm surprised to see others elsewhere on the Internet actually shocked by this news.
    Not surprised after the mixed reception of RDR2
    If it weren't for the heavy popularity of the first Redemption, Rockstar would've also dropped the Red Dead IP and only focused on how to "improve" GTA Online. I never cared for online games and multiplayer games alike.
  • mgeoff88mgeoff88 At a nice safehouse in Rome... Erm... Bay Area, CA

Damn... well, now it’s official. It would’ve been great to see what Rockstar could have done with a spy genre game. And with their cheeky sense of humor, there would’ve been plenty of James Bond references/easter eggs in the mix.
    mgeoff88 wrote: »

Damn... well, now it’s official. It would’ve been great to see what Rockstar could have done with a spy genre game. And with their cheeky sense of humor, there would’ve been plenty of James Bond references/easter eggs in the mix.
    Indeed. Although, with the game being set in the late 70s and early 80s, I figure the setting itself didn't fit into the spy genre as well as they hoped. It sort of parallels my feelings on it, as I always view a Cold War fiction to be set in the sixties glamour rather than an era where the spy craze was no more. Ah well. Here's hoping we'll get something like that in the future.
    edited November 2018 Posts: 13,882
    Not surprised after the mixed reception of RDR2

Mixed? I thought it was doing quite well. I haven't played it myself, but I have heard nothing but positive talk about it. Now if this were Bethesda and Fallout 76, cancelling their next game would be wise. Except it isn't, and Bethesda have said that they are using the same engine for their next two game! You know the joke about "It isn't a Bethesda game if it isn't riddled with bugs", well that joke isn't funny anymore. Again, I haven't played Fallout 76, but I have watched a lot of videos on it, and it is shocking that Bethesda thinks it is ok to release games in that condition.
    I had to get Fallout 76 living in West Virginia - the game itself is fun and can definitely lead to a good time, but yes, it's one of the buggiest games I've ever played, bar none, and Bethesda shouldn't be excused from it. This engine is beyond ancient and they need an overhaul once those next-gen titles release in a matter of years.

I lost all interest in RDR2 for some reason and I've no clue why. Loved the first, but I just haven't been that big on Rockstar lately - the whole GTA:O debacle to this day rubs me the wrong way, and I don't want to endure more of that with RDR2:O. I see they're running a beta for the online portion, despite the full game having released weeks ago; that doesn't inspire any confidence at all, and it's not even a proper beta. Then again, no betas these days seem to be.