The Horror Thread II: The Return

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    ^ I can't wait to see Retribution. I was expecting to see Jill in the trailer, guess i'll have to wait for the film.

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    An update on the Evil Dead remake.

Jane Levy The New Female Lead In 'Evil Dead' Reboot!

Meet your new female "Ash"...

Jane Levy (pictured below; Fun Size) is in talks to play the lead in the remake of Evil Dead that Fede Alvarez will direct shortly, says Deadline. She replaces Lily Collins, who exited the film recently.

In FilmDistrict’s remake of Sam Raimi’s The Evil Dead, Levy’s plays Mia, a character that corresponds to Ash, who was played by Bruce Campbell in the original 1981 movie.

600full-jane-levy.jpg

Mia is one of five young people who head to the remote cabin where evil awaits. Recovering from a recent overdose, Mia is particularly vulnerable.

Raimi, Campbell and Rob Tapert are producing with Ghost House Pictures. Fede Alvarez is directing and co-wrote the script with Rodo Sayagues. Diablo Cody (Juno, Young Adult) revised the latest draft. The movie is targeted to open April 12, 2013.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Still over a year to wait for this film. Looking forward to it though. ;-)
    edited February 2012 Posts: 13,882
    I think it could go either way at this point. It's really too early to tell.

I would also like to stop the world for a moment, BIG news: according to Amazon, The Inkeepers hits DVD on April 24th. And I can't blommin' wait. \:D/
    I saw the following and I just had to post it here. From Total Film, the 50 Greatest Kills of Jason Voorhees.

http://www.totalfilm.com/features/50-greatest-jason-voorhees-kills

I'm surprised the couple have nookie in thier tent from Jason Goes To Hell didn't make the list. There isn't really anything to the rated version, but the unrated version is Brutal, with a capital 'b'.

And i'm glad Jenna didn't make the list, because I didn't like that one. :-S
    Nice link, @MajorDSmythe. Too bad, as you mention, the tent slashing somehow got left out. I'd argue it's one of the better and more gruesome of Jason's strikes in the entire franchise.

Either way, tomorrow is Friday 13th, lest you forget. ;-)
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Nice link, @MajorDSmythe. Too bad, as you mention, the tent slashing somehow got left out. I'd argue it's one of the better and more gruesome of Jason's strikes in the entire franchise.

Either way, tomorrow is Friday 13th, lest you forget. ;-)

How could I possibly forget. ;) I might have a mini marathon of pts 3, 7, 9 and the reboot.
    As anyone seen Dead End? It's a cracking little chiller, with some good black humour?
    Is it this one...?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0308152/

If so, i've not seen it, but i've seen the DVD around (I think it's also been on the horror channel here recently). Reading the synopsis, it sounds interesting. I might have to keep an eye out for when I next see a copy.
    That's the one, it's got a good creepy vibe going on and some pretty grimm humour also, which appeals to me anyway!
    edited April 2012 Posts: 23,449
    I've heard good things about this film. I think I'll sit down and give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion!

EDIT: saw it, liked it! Thanks for the suggestion, @identigraph! ;-)
    Just finished The Innkeepers, by our boy Ti West. Love it! Not quite as good as House Of The Devil IMO but certainly a whole lot more enjoyable than Cabin Fever 2.
    edited April 2012 Posts: 13,882
    You've seen The Innkeepers? :-O I'm envious, Dimi. It gets an R1 DVD release later this month (my usual supplier for R1 doesnt have it in thier database ~X( ) and an R2 relase in June.

I want to see it so much, moreso now since i've beome a fan of Paxton.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I've started to watch all the Childs Play films again. I saw the 1st one yesterday, I'm watching the 2nd tonight, then it's onto Childs Play 3 and then the horror masterpiece, Bride of Chucky.
    Sara Paxton is cuter in this film than in anything I've ever seen her in so let that be a powerful incentive, Major, to hunt the DVD down. ;-)
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Sara Paxton is cuter in this film than in anything I've ever seen her in so let that be a powerful incentive, Major, to hunt the DVD down. ;-)

Thanks Dimi, that makes the wait even worse. ;) Still, in the meantime I can get my Paxton fix with my recently arrived copy of Enter Nowhere.

I've started to watch all the Childs Play films again. I saw the 1st one yesterday, I'm watching the 2nd tonight, then it's onto Childs Play 3 and then the horror masterpiece, Bride of Chucky.

Childs Play is one of the few series where I like the original best. The others being Wishmaster, The Blind Dead (though I also liked The Night Of The Seagulls) & Leprechaun.
    My CP listing:

1) Bride Of Chucky
    2) Child's Play
    3) Seed Of Chucky
    4) Child's Play 3 (for some awkward reason not my least favourite in the CP series)
    5) Child's Play 2
    I don't think i've ever seen Seed Of Chucky. :-? I'm looking at it's IMDB page, and nothing rings a bell.
    I'm not going to recommend it as such for in my experience there are mostly either very positive or very negative responses to this film. Yeah, I'm an exception I suppose. ;-)
    edited April 2012 Posts: 13,882
    I'll probably get around to it sometine, as it's the only Childs Play film that I haven't seen. Mind you, I remember Bride Of Chucky more for Jennifer Tilly. ;)
    edited April 2012 Posts: 23,449
    Jennifer Tilly made that film so much more enjoyable than anyone else, IMO. She's also very good in Seed so there you are, perhaps you have just found yourself a very good reason to watch the film, Major. ;-)

I'm going for Black Christmas '74 now...

billy.gif

Childs Play is one of the few series where I like the original best. The others being Wishmaster, The Blind Dead (though I also liked The Night Of The Seagulls) & Leprechaun.

Childs play is one of the few series where I DON'T like the original the best. Bride of Chucky is easily my fave. I don't like Seed of Chucky really. And the original Leprechaun was brilliant but I thought every single sequel was awful, especially "Leprechaun in Space", doesn't get much worse than that.
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Jennifer Tilly made that film so much more enjoyable than anyone else, IMO. She's also very good in Seed so there you are, perhaps you have just found yourself a very good reason to watch the film, Major. ;-)

billy.gif

Exellent choice. It's a fine horror, and it has Olivia Hussey in a prominant role. How could I not like such a film.
    Childs play is one of the few series where I DON'T like the original the best. Bride of Chucky is easily my fave. I don't like Seed of Chucky really. And the original Leprechaun was brilliant but I thought every single sequel was awful, especially "Leprechaun in Space", doesn't get much worse than that.

Want to bet on that? ;) They didn't stop at Leprechaun In Space, as they followed that with Leprechaun In Tha Hood & Leprechaun Back To Tha Hood. I've never seen the latter two, but the general impression I get is not good at all. And there's been talk recently of Davis wanting to make another one.
    DarthDimi wrote:

billy.gif

Exellent choice. It's a fine horror, and it has Olivia Hussey in a prominant role. How could I not like such a film.

Want to bet on that? ;) They didn't stop at Leprechaun In Space, as they followed that with Leprechaun In Tha Hood & Leprechaun Back To Tha Hood. I've never seen the latter two, but the general impression I get is not good at all. And there's been talk recently of Davis wanting to make another one.

I haven't seen those 2 either. I'd like another one if they got things back on track and actually made another it good enough to be released in the cinema. Leprechaun is one of the few franchises that actually needs a reboot.
    I wonder if they'll ever do a Tremors movie again. These are distressing times and the world needs Burt Gummer! :)
    gross1.gif
    Burt Gummer: The solution to all the worlds problems.

I would be open to another Tremors film, but only if Burt is in it.
    Tremors 5: Burt takes out the dirt

I'm dreaming...
    DarthDimi wrote:
    I've heard good things about this film. I think I'll sit down and give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion!

EDIT: saw it, liked it! Thanks for the suggestion, @identigraph! ;-)

Glad you liked it, I thought it was good considering it was only a 15!
    What is 'a 15'? (:|

I honestly don't understand. ;-)
    DarthDimi wrote:
    What is 'a 15'? (:|

I honestly don't understand. ;-)

It's how we rate films in the UK and other places for different ages, U, PG, 12, 15, 18. I'm guessing where you live you use the one where it's R and PG 13 and all those.