British Airways to vote to show EVERY 007 on the livery of one of their A380, ahead of BOND25.

edited October 2018 in No Time To Die Posts: 19,339
BA are to vote to see if they dedicate a whole A380 (the aircraft CraigBond saved in CR) to the national hero that is James Bond 007,ahead of the release of BOND25,and as long as they can pass a 'sexist' guidline and gain approval (pathetic isn't it.)

They will have the MI6 logo on there,along with silhouettes of all the Bonds,their names,and quotes .

The whole aircraft will be painted silver.

See for yourself below,it looks fantastic,and if it goes ahead it will be a massive boost for the film,go for it BA !! :

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATZiZmYAZC1kNmUyLTQ5M2QtMDACLTAwCgBGAAADk8j1Lo%2FwM0SH1IrGyJZVbwcA0VgVnOBDrUOv03rgctRjpAAAAgEMAAAA0VgVnOBDrUOv03rgctRjpAADCdlsrgAAAAESABAAn9JCcAAjnUC8nd1a%2BWojNQ%3D%3D&thumbnailType=2&X-OWA-CANARY=qffiHzkeCEeuwgEWJCSnbgDPY3hqPtYYKz6qcUkmlIP3txwyzLqFoR-wwPI2-d0xPCAX7pawRRk.&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IjA2MDBGOUY2NzQ2MjA3MzdFNzM0MDRFMjg3QzQ1QTgxOENCN0NFQjgiLCJ4NXQiOiJCZ0Q1OW5SaUJ6Zm5OQVRpaDhSYWdZeTN6cmciLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QifQ.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.CvjYIXHA1EzlWTemilLIQm8EpGQ4I5cH0FCeQkox4N7cE643x4-FnldWcPuQnzdQww2eCJTvhJzI1AGDze1vCw1nXokCjfqkpUpDSjpzxgP4_xkjhAYshOE5Rao0kEuOEljWxZOAMHAz3TcFuFjkdyEQy_iwDkiiljtp1wO62jD3MjxHGKnTFk18of032x1cds0f_hNHiRcLW0eAve_qMN2-sEgjSIWlUkYPdc-adnDk18E_edtmarq2U8uOOF0FSnRj7-D-xL12U0pEmkXreWP5xe0F8SxiCwigv4wI6mKXS2G49mTd_A2UMmnrb9kOWifrFZi_uePOtSETbrvEjw&owa=outlook.live.com&isc=1

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited October 2018 Posts: 23,883
    I'm all for it. The film and brand needs a good jolt of global publicity after 5 years away.

It's a pity they have to use a European made jet for it though. Shame the Concorde isn't still around.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I'm all for it. The film and brand needs a good jolt of global publicity after 5 years away.

It's a pity they have to use a European made jet for it though. Shame the Concorde isn't still around.

Concorde would have been lovely in that livery,bloody Continental Airlines !!!

The A380 does have British Rolls Royce engines though matey ;)
  • edited October 2018 Posts: 4,599

50% French lets not forget
    patb wrote: »

50% French lets not fortget

Ssssh,you weren't supposed to mention that out loud,Pat.

• Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    That's incredibly exciting news for this aircraft and Bond obsessive. Fingers crossed they get approval.

After all, Brussels Airlines got a Tintin plane!

IMG_5534-1024x683.jpg
    barryt007 wrote: »

Good old Rolls Royce. Still keeping the British end up. They have an outstanding reputation in this area.

True. I regret never being on one. I'm sure it would have been quite an experience.

Good old Rolls Royce. Still keeping the British end up. They have an outstanding reputation in this area.

True. I regret never being on one. I'm sure it would have been quite an experience.

I've been on one but not in the air,it was in my early airline days,so that was something at least.
    I would never believe in a million years it would be gone one day thanks to another airlines bad frickin maintenance,back then.
    BA should run a competion for best design
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    edited October 2018 Posts: 3,675
    I'll be thrilled if the vote goes through. Wonder why they didn't use a 747 as that harkens back to Die Another Day and the most we've seen of BA in any Bond film.
    I'll be thrilled if the vote goes through. Wonder why they didn't use a 747 as that harkens back to Die Another Day and the most we've seen of BA in any Bond film.

Well the A380 was in CR and its the largest aircraft in their fleet,bigger than a jumbo,they are phasing out the 747's now due to age and fuel costs to run.
    I realized the other day that when the 747 appeared in LALD it was still a very newish plane (first commercial flight in 1970). The A380 had its first commercial flight in 2007, after CR's launch.
    "Well the A380 was in CR "
    I missed it...where?
    And, technically, the A380 is more British.
    "Well the A380 was in CR "
    I missed it...where?

That was the aircraft Bond stopped from blowing up in Miami.
    I always assumed it was an A380 in the film. Learned something new today!
    Well bugger me with a pitchfork !!

Thanks @patb I never knew that x a bit of an anti-climax now x I might drop CR down to 4th spot for that in my rankings !!
    Considering what was required, there was no point in using an airworthy and very valuable brand new Airbus when you can use a knakered, tarted up 747 plus they could film on a non-operational airfield rather than the headache of an operational airfield/airport with the usual arrivals/departures/security issues etc
    Its available to look around during the yearly Dunsfold airshow and its in pretty poor shape.

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Times have changed; in 1996 I was on a flight from London to New York and they showed Goldeneye. The problem though was that they edited out any scenes that involved an aircraft crashing or in distress.Lol, think about it, there are several in the film. Passengers wondered why they even bothered.
  • edited October 2018 Posts: 19,339
    I can trump that one @talos7 x I was in Phuket airport wz my then girlfriend ,and as I work for airline i got lounge access even though I had free tickets , and what was the film showing on the lounge tv’s in 1991 ? Die Hard 2 !!!!!!!!!!!! Uncut believe me !
    And yes i did see the Windsor Air flight crash as I sipped a whisky (or 3 after that) before boarding our flight to Bangkok.
    Cheers for that, @patb - I keep meaning to make it to one of Dunsfold's events. Now I'll make more effort!
    @Agent_99 do it ASAP as Dunsfold Airfield is due to close to build houses
    @Agent_99 do it ASAP as Dunsfold Airfield is due to close to build houses

What?!

:(
    edited October 2018 Posts: 3,103
    WHAT?! indeed!

They're still advertising Wings & Wheels for August 2019, so maybe I can make that: https://www.wingsandwheels.net/
    I hope BA get the thumbs up for this! It will be fun to see!!!!
    Definitely x what a beautiful sight it will be !!
    Sad news at the 747 used in CR is vandalised...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8175625/top-gear-test-track-vandalism/
    Sad news at the 747 used in CR is vandalised...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8175625/top-gear-test-track-vandalism/

Sadly nothing is sacred nowadays.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Villainy.
    It's not a Bond plane but now you can fly one of his favourite airlines:

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/pictures-ba-reveals-boac-747-400-retrojet-more-t-455159/