Bond Cars that Should Have Been, or Should Be

BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
edited September 2018 in General Discussion Posts: 3,000
The missed opportunities of the past, and new opportunities for the future. What cars should Bond drive/have driven?

Take the BMW Z3 from GE. Not a particularly good looking car IMHO, and highly underutilized, some say due to it being a prototype and BMW being unwilling to risk its destruction in a stunt. At the same time, they were producing a much more beautiful, and often overlooked car; the 8 series.
E3009409-0CB8-4962-8CBA-8A8666FF3113_0.jpg?itok=c4hhEbTb
The though of an action sequence in a Bond movie featuring this car is the stuff of my dreams!

Or perhaps, instead of the horrible Hornet in TMWTGG, the Bricklin SV-1;
White-Front.jpg

What cars do you wish Bond had driven? What cars would you like to see him drive going forward?

Comments

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Having fun with the audience, I'd like to see Bond in the field paired with an inconspicuous choice: a 1981 Saab 900 Turbo. The Silver Beast. Fully loaded.

Silver-beast-25y.jpg?resize=660%2C216
    SAAB_900_1986_James_Bond_Silver_Beast_Specification.jpg

And some snow plows.

10028961_H16943423-600x392.jpg

• PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    A nice Jaguar MkII 3.8. A car chase with that would've been cool!
    1280px-Jaguar_E-Type_series_1_coup%C3%A9_1964.jpg

A classic !
    The E-Type is nice, yes!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited March 2017 Posts: 23,883
    I'd like Bond in an S-Class. I'm partial to them generally, even if it's a classic version like the 450SEL 6.9 beast from Ronin. They are the top of the pile when it comes to sedans & real wolves in sheep's clothing in the higher powered versions. He drove a rental S in SF from Shanghai Airport, and it would have been nice if there had been a chase after Patrice.
    Eg81kNh.jpg
    That's a big car that Bond could fling around in. Excellent!
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Gerard wrote: »

A classic !
    bondjames wrote: »
    I'd like Bond in an S-Class. I'm partial to them generally, even if it's a classic version like the 450SEL 6.9 beast from Ronin. They are the top of the pile when it comes to sedans & real wolves in sheep's clothing in the higher powered versions. He drove a rental S in SF from Shanghai Airport, and it would have been nice if there had been a chase after Patrice.
    Eg81kNh.jpg

A big yes to both!
    The Gibbs Aquada was a big missed opportunity;
    gibbs-aquada-630.jpg

gibbs_aquada_2.jpg
    Another missed opportunity from days gone by, the 1969 Holden Hurricane concept;
    https://drivetribe.com/p/1969-holden-hurricane-concept-RXu6vMnVSfGnFEy51WWReQ?iid=e2Qu-6FeRMCuFBBpGep4ag&utm_campaign=main+&utm_medium=fb&utm_source=organic

C9OROUTAQqa5vfDqIOlW9Q?w=2200&h=1238&fm=pjpg&auto=compress&fit=crop&crop=faces,edges

The tech already equipped on the car straight from Holden was good enough for Q to have made it.
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 12,837

A classic !

Came here to say this. A British icon and would have been a nice fit for Lazenby if they hadn't gone with Aston Martin again, or even for Moore. Nice seeing it cameo in the new Kingsman film.

Aside from the E Type I would have liked to see him in a Bentley at some point. And the DB7 could have been a nice fit in the Brosnan era. It's also a shame that the DB9 came out just as a four year gap set in, but there is a danger of overusing the Astons I think. I'm not sure every single Bond should drive them. The next actor should have something different imo. Maybe a Jag or the new Bentley speed six.

In terms of cars from the films that were underused it was a shame Connery's vintage Bentley in NSNA didn't get a bit more screentime, and I always liked the Z8 (although I do like how it was used, Bond finally gets to it and thinks yeah this will be easy now and then it's sawn in half almost straight away, that was a nice twist).
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    edited September 2017 Posts: 6,757
    In the OHMSS novel Tracy didn't have a Mercury, she drove a Lancia. Now that's the kind of classy taste I'd expect of her. Such a shame they didn't go for that in the film.

Even for Bond a classic Lancia Flaminia Super Sport would have been a tasteful choice:

img_5282_7.jpg

Stunning car.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    herbie_the_love_bug_by_andydatraginpyro-db1w1h0.png
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Well, that's familiar.
    b964c340940a3bb12c01e7fbce7541ed--for-your-eyes-only-melina.jpg
    De Tomaso Mangusta
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    edited October 2017 Posts: 4,377
    Aston Martin DB7. Would have been great for the Brosnan era in place of the BMW's.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Aston Martin DB7. Would have been great for the Brosnan era in place of the BMW's.

I agree but I love the Z8 nevertheless.
    Phantom Corsair
    maxresdefault.jpg
    The cars they make today are hideous, but the Lamborghini Miura is a thing of beauty. This is a car that would have been perfect for Moore's Bond.

img_4964.jpg?itok=hvLEDJXn
    The cars they make today are hideous

You can say that again. It is the same with architecture. Just no class and style around anymore.

BMW Z1
    BMW%20Z1%20(5).jpg

188bc609bb53057e4380916aa03aa540057115c1.jpg

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    edited November 2017 Posts: 7,946
    Oh hell no, that was one big failure! Not only in it's handling, but design too! Never seen something looking so cheap go for that much money.

Anyway, as a Dutchman, I should obviously offer the Carver One:

carvmeout.jpg

But, don't worry, there's a new little Nelly based on this in the making:

edited September 2018 Posts: 3,000
    I could see this having been a villain’s car in the 90’s.
    Bugatti EB110:
    bugatti-eb110-ss-prototype-Copier.jpg
    If Bond had been a BMW driver earlier:
    bmw-503-927.jpg
    If Bond had been a BMW driver earlier:
    bmw-503-927.jpg

That car has some style and personality, unlike the monstrosities from the 90s and beyond.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns

A classic !

Came here to say this. A British icon and would have been a nice fit for Lazenby if they hadn't gone with Aston Martin again, or even for Moore. Nice seeing it cameo in the new Kingsman film.
    Connery does drive a red E-Type in Woman of Straw.

giphy.gif
    Not for Bond, but for a villain:
    maxresdefault.jpg
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    How about these two Beetles from the VW Museum? The one on the left is a hot air balloon basket and the one on the right goes underwater.

39862601081_256b1ff321_c.jpg
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited October 2018 Posts: 17,727
    Having fun with the audience, I'd like to see Bond in the field paired with an inconspicuous choice: a 1981 Saab 900 Turbo. The Silver Beast. Fully loaded.

Silver-beast-25y.jpg?resize=660%2C216
    SAAB_900_1986_James_Bond_Silver_Beast_Specification.jpg

And some snow plows.

10028961_H16943423-600x392.jpg

The Saab 900 Turbo was the one I was thinking about too! Icebreaker on screen. You certainly have my support for that. The snowplough scene was a real highlight!
    Yes please !!

I would love 'Icebreaker' to get the screentime it deserves !!!!