Cowboys & Aliens (2011)

Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
edited April 2011 in General Movies & TV Posts: 13,350
The Theatrical Trailer for <i>Cowboys & Aliens</i> will be aired for the first time on Thursday during <i>American Idol</i>. So for anyone not in the US you'll be able to see it on Friday.

Anyone excited for this? Many are saying and believe this could be <i>the</i> film of the Summer, even though it's a bit under-the-radar at the moment. Not hard to believe really, considering what's coming out this Summer.

Comments

Don't know much about it, but the teaser trailer looked good so will hopefully be able to catch this
    The idea seems fun, but the teaser had an awfully Iron Man-like moment, which I don´t appreciate.
    But it looks like something I´m gonna see anyhow ;-) .
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Here are the teaser and TV Spot released so far:

When is it out in the UK ?
  • Indiana Jones and 007...what could go wrong.
    Quoting barryt007:
    When is it out in the UK ?
    12th August.
    I'm stoked for it.
    edited April 2011 Posts: 13,350

Cool trailer. I'm looking forward to this one very much! :-D
    I kinda like it.
    That Craig fella is one cool mother****** sonofab*****. Makes me want to have one of those rifles.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    @boldfinger let's keep this clean mate ;)
  • edited April 2011 Posts: 2,594
    The name of this film sparked little interest in me until I saw the trailer. It looks good. Interesting concept, the wild west fighting aliens. Usually, if not always, these alien flicks are set in present day or in the future.

Just can't warm to the name though. It makes the film sound like a comedy or an animation
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    edited April 2011 Posts: 1,699
    Quoting Bounine: Just can't warm to the name though. It makes the film sound like a comedy or an animation
    It's based on a comic, I believe. ;)

I'm quite looking forward to this 'un. Not least because of its two stars. And, for some reason I can't put my finger on, I like the idea of the concept, even though I'm generally bored to the back-teeth with all the comic-derived blockbusters Hollywood seems to rely on to pull in the kids on their summer hols nowadays. Plus, it more or less comes out on my birthday... B-)
    40 (unfinished) minutes of the film has been shown to some people in the press and the word is very good.
    It sounds like a stupid name for a film but i hope it will be good, but daniel craig has made some bad movies lately and there have been so many films released in the past months that promised so much but didn't deliver the goods.
    Quoting Luds: @boldfinger let's keep this clean mate
    Sorry couldn´t control myself. The cowboy in me was awakened for a second :ar! .
    Wow. Looks really good, can't wait to see this one. Craig and Ford should make for a fun watch.
  • Not liking the drab visuals all that much, but the cast in this flick is exciting enough to get me interested (which is more than I can say for all the other comic book adaptations coming out this year).
    That Craig chap should be the next Bond. At first I thought he didn't have the correct look. But I'm now sure he'd make a pretty good Bond.
    New trailer:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/49999

It looks like a lot of fun. For one thing, it doesn't take itself nearly as seriously as other alien invasion films like BATTLE LOS ANGELES, SKYLINE and even SUPER 8. It knows just how ridiculous an alien invasion sounds and plays it as a strength rather than trying to ground it in reality.
    edited June 2011 Posts: 13,350
    It looks really good in my opinion, as great as we've been led to believe. I sure hope this can deliver at the Box Office, Craig and Ford should be a great help for adding to it's numbers.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    so this is produced by Spielberg, so is Transformers 3 and Super 8.

3 movies in one summer!!

when does he sleep?
    A new poster has just been released:

Against Bond and Indy those aliens don't stand a chance!
  • SharkShark Banned
    Remarkably, despite the concept (cowboys vs. aliens) - this looks dreary as hell. Though I guess when you John Favreau to direct, and Daniel Craig won't lighten up - that's what you get.
    Remarkably, despite the concept (cowboys vs. aliens) - this looks dreary as hell. Though I guess when you John Favreau to direct, and Daniel Craig won't lighten up - that's what you get.
    Dreary but also entertaining as hell. I'm cautiously optimistic about this one - I doubt it'll be another Iron Man 2.
  • SharkShark Banned
    Dreary but also entertaining as hell.
    That's a bit of an oxymoron.

If there's no wit, personality, or colour, I don't find a film entertaining. COWBOYS AND ALIENS looks like it has none of these. The funniest thing is its title.
    I'm cautiously optimistic about this one - I doubt it'll be another Iron Man 2.
    I hope it's not another IRON MAN either.
    A new featurette has just been released:

Another poster is here:

Another one:

This one looks much better to me, just not as dark and gives off a more lighthearted feel.
    http://collider.com/cowboys-aliens-movie-clips/102322/

Some clips have been released along with interviews.

Only two weeks now until it's release in the USA.