Bond film ranking tournament. Final results

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

038.jpg

So...you voted for Moonraker? Well, nothing pearsonal...
    FRWL beats DN 24-2

LTK beats MR 17-9

Round 59:

LTK vs TND

and

TND vs CR
    LTK over TND

CR over TND

I like TND, but both LTK and CR are definitely better for me.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    LTK over TND

CR over TND

I like TND, but both LTK and CR are definitely better for me.

Same here! (Except I don t like TND)
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 19,339
    1st one is tough,and as @FoxRox said,i like TND as well,and it will beat many other films to come,but, same here against these two :

LTK

&

CR
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    I'm surprised how one-sided the DN/FRWL duel was. Would've thought it'd be almost even. Have we had FRWL/GF yet?

In this round, my picks are TND (against LTK) and CR (2006).
    I'm surprised how one-sided the DN/FRWL duel was. Would've thought it'd be almost even. Have we had FRWL/GF yet?

No, that one is yet to come.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    LTK and CR (very easy)
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    TND over LTK (barely)
    CR over TND (clearly, bigly and no-brainerly)
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Ah poor TND. It's a reasonable action flick but..

LTK and CR
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I'm surprised how one-sided the DN/FRWL duel was.

I think that the result is a but deceptive. People love them both, and it is probably much closer in most of our heads (it is for me, for sure) than the spread indicates. It's just that in almost everyone's individual tight battle FRWL has the slight edge. FRWL would have a similar result against plenty (most all) of other entries, yet I would say that it they would not be as close within the individual voter's own reckoning.

Exactly. As with the matches that came out unanimous, people who enjoyed the loser, simply enjoyed the winner more.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    TND over LTK. Easily
    CR over TND. A pretty much no brainer
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    I fully agree with your assessment, @Birdleson. DN just has the disadvantage here to be up against the (almost) perfect Bond film. In an alternative vote, no-one should be surprised at a very clear decision, since there are no further options ("Butbutbut...DN is far better than TMWTGG" or the like).
    Definitely. DN and FRWL are possibly both Top 5 for me. And FRWL has an edge on it for me and most others, but for me at least, it’s just barely. Both of them are Bond masterpieces.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    TND X2 (easily)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited September 2018 Posts: 23,883
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Definitely. DN and FRWL are possibly both Top 5 for me. And FRWL has an edge on it for me and most others, but for me at least, it’s just barely. Both of them are Bond masterpieces.
    Agreed. They are both top five for me as well. Exceptional, lean Bond thrillers, the both of them.
    --

LTK vs. TND
    TND vs. CR

A severe beating in both cases as far as I'm concerned. Both LTK & CR are top ten for me, whereas Brosnan's sophomore entry (a film with the dubious distinction of being the first Bond film which left me disappointed after a theatre viewing) languishes near the bottom of the pile. I find it pales in comparison to the far superior and more atmospheric Gilbert entries which it tries to emulate. Entertaining, mindless fun perhaps, but that's not enough in this esteemed company.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    LTK

CR

Obviously.
    *sips cocktail*
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    TND
    CR
    TND is a fun call back to TSWLM/MR but

LTK
    CR

are the two films that have really taken the franchise into the direction I liked. LTK is the most Fleming like of the 'original' films.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    LTK
    TND
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    LTK vs TND. Very close since it consider both Dalton's and Brosnan's sophomore films about equal in value. TND's got the better score, production values and more exotic locations but LTK's got the better Bond, better villain and more original story.

and

TND vs CR. TND's a slick rehash of the YOLT/TSWLM formula and is generally fun and unpretentious but CR is the far better film in the long run.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    LTK & CR
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    LTK
    CR
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    LTK

&

CR
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    LTK
    CR